Blood Elf new hair colors

I mean… for every cry about Void Elves having a second theme and Blood Elves not having one…

this is it.

1 Like

Oh man. The competitiveness.

The thing about these threads is that you don’t want something because you genuinely want it.

You want something so you can gate-keep it.

Though I wonder what happens when the other side just doesn’t care?

We want playable High Elves. Despite misconceptions that’s really got nothing to do with Blood Elves.

3 Likes

Okay. But then you give Worgen a hunch option.

Oh, and you take away the Nightborne eye customization they just got, considering that was originally the Night Elves’. Etc.

But you know, you don’t care about things like that, because those benefited you.

3 Likes

def not
here :salt: is your answer maiz couldnt have said it better tbh

1 Like

The gate keeping is a popular thing on here, its the same with any request . Someone will say “I wish I could get better gear from casual play so I can keep up with other people” then the usual reply is “waaaaaa YOU DONT NEED GEAR FOR WORLD QUESTS ONLY RAIDERS DOING THE HIGHEST CONTENT ON MYTHIC NEED GEAR waaaaaa!” It seems some people are under the completely false impression that anyone else cares what they have or do in the game, like as if people look on in awe at them as gods, when reality is no one cares …no one

2 Likes

Do you really want theirs or do you want something new they don’t have? Personally I don’t want void stuff but I’d like San’layn, dark ranger and fel customizations.

3 Likes

Well you have playable high elves.

Why can’t we keep requesting (not a new thing) san’layn, dark ranger, and fel customizations and other stuff?

We don’t do that in reaction to void elves getting stuff. Threads about these customizations have existed long before it was announced you’d get natural hair colors etc.

2 Likes

All this sounds like is, ‘I don’t care if BE players want to have their own unique appearances and options. I just don’t care about them. How dare they want something for themselves.’

2 Likes

Made me think of this again :joy:

1 Like

I actually don’t care about any of it.

I’m just pointing out that this hair color request isn’t particularly sincere and is mostly about trying to troll people.

Refer to the comment in question.

You just said, “We need hair color options that Void Elves can’t have.”

That’s way different from saying, “I’ve always wanted a Blood Elf with green hair.”

2 Likes

It seems like you need to learn reading comprehension then because that’s not at all what I typed.

1 Like

Oh no, they can whip up those dyes just fine, but they can only use them on specific races for some reason.

I’m not saying there aren’t some people who do, but most people who have been asking for blood elf customizations have been doing so for a pretty long time, but now whenever blood elf players request anything there’ll either be high elf fans who go “oh you only want this cause you’re mad we got high elf stuff” OR high elf fans who go “ME TOO ME TOO” even though they just got lots of the things they wanted.

It’s simply annoying.

4 Likes

Just ignore them, they want to be gate keepers and somehow accuse other people of the same thing.

2 Likes

And it’s not the same when void elf players go “next we’re taking Silvermoon!” or “just wait, we’ll get your green and yellow eyes next” in reaction to blood elf players being sad, not even mad, mostly sad their main race’s uniqueness is slowly fading away cause apparently blizz can come up with 200 different gold and silver tones but it’s too hard to come up with three new shades of blonde, a new shade of brown and two new shades of red (nobody was really against white and black anyway)?

2 Likes

Exhibit A I guess.

and if the High Elf customization requests should have taught you anything, it’s that the forum is full of trolls.

I’m not anti-“Blood Elves getting customizations.”

But it’d be nice if people wanted stuff they were asking for.

High Elves have always existed. This actually just goes back to trying to gate keep things.

Blood Elves are unique… and have also never been unique in the way you’re saying. Blonde hair doesn’t make Blood Elves unique. There have been Blonde haired Alliance Elves since Vanilla. You can just play one now.

1 Like

I don’t care about high elves. If people wanna be high elves I’m okay with that. I haven’t been obsessed with them for 14 years.

I don’t understand, however, how you can not understand that when somebody says they want options that make them look different from void elves that’s not to punish void elf players but because we want racial uniqueness too. We want our own themes too. You have void and high elf, we have high elf. DKs and DHs can’t really be counted as themes for Blood Elves. You have the same themes on races, including DHs for Night Elves. DHs and DKs are their own category.

We don’t want racial uniqueness because of void elves, we just always had it and now we only have different eye colors and hairstyles essentially.

I’m completely fine with void elves getting stuff. I just really don’t understand how you can’t see that you’re in the luxurious position of having two themes to your race, one of which you share with us, whereas we only have that one theme. We don’t want to take your high elf-ness away, we just want something that distinguishes blood elves and void elves more clearly than yellow and green eyes or the fact you sometimes turn purple. It’s not to take something away from you though.

4 Likes

Jewelry options. green and gold eyes. hairstyles.

and also Nightborne exist.

I think the big thing is… Why not just not mention Void Elves?

I think that’s kind of the rub. If you want customization options ask for customization options.

3 Likes

I don’t expect Cali to understand this at all considering what the way he has posted. But ty for trying to be a voice of reason. :hugs:

3 Likes