Blood Elf Druids make sense and here's why

If you go around the Blood Elf starting zone, you might have noticed that their architecture is, among others, inspired by Art Nouveau. The staircases in their inns look like they could have been designed by Victor Horta (who designed the famous Hôtel Tassel in Brussels). This specific style is famous for it’s decorative vegetable- uh- looks at notes veg-et-al motifs, which you can see everywhere in the Blood elf zones. So, for a society that’s all about arcane magic, Blood Elves LOVE nature and plant motifs. They just like to tame nature a bit more than Night Elves. With that being said, Blood Elf Druids make total sense. Just call them Arcano-Botanists or something. And they even have treants on Sunstrider isle. Just add a quest where a treant say “Stop! Don’t kill me! I can teach you nature magic!”. It’s that easy.

2 Likes

This game’s lore and consistency is already in the gutter so… sure why not.

3 Likes

I think the real problem is to explain why a Blood Elf would willingly turn into an animal. Because flower power and furrydom are two different things.

1 Like

I’d argue that magically locking your forests into a state of permanent comfort to suit your own needs is against druidic teaching but I wouldn’t be sad to have a lynx kitty form so here we are.

Also, while we’re on the topic of unlikely races to get druids… Wildhammer druids would be perfection. Can you imagine how amazing a bearded Boomy would be? :sob:

16 Likes

::He would look at Ashenvale.::

6 Likes

Ashenvale is in a perpetual dusk and Azshara zone was stuck in perpetual autumn. Idk what’s worse…

2 Likes

I mean, they might as well. In terms of design, they’ve been moving away from race/class restrictions for flavor anyway.

Besides, now that you’ve said

… I want to see that!

13 Likes

I can see Blood Elves having lynx for cat form, black bear for tank form, dragonhawk for bird form. If Void Elves had their chance at becoming druids these forms would be void corrupted looking like the Emerald Nightmare forms.

1 Like

Zone designs. There is no indication that druids are perpetually are changing the natural environment against its nature. Barrens is a good example of them attempting but its very controversial and hardly produces the intended results.

And before Dreadmoore responds to this with a bad comparison like Teldrassil (which was a failure and obviously unnatural) or the plaguelands/desolace where life has been corrupted or rotting and they are trying to restore it.

Barrens, is naturally an arid plain, its not lifeless and trying to force a tropical forest in a desert it won’t have good results.

7 Likes

These are simply zone designs. There’s nothing in lore to indicate that the Night Elves locked these areas in a perpetual state of weather/season, etc. Obviously there are design restraints to prevent zones from having seasonal/natural shifts, that’s a given.

Teldrassil is probably the most unnatural choice made by the Night Elves post Sundering, but it was a poor decision made by one elf who is now a pile of ash in the Firelands where he belongs.

9 Likes

There were only two druids tending the barrens.
Ashenvale has an entire race of druids tending it as their holy land.

I just want me some Forsaken Pallies and Shamans, but the Shal’dorei and Sin’dorei also need druidic forms.

1 Like

I laughed at this, ty.

Some people seem to share my sentiment of Warcraft’s authenticity to lore and logic was hurled deep into the trash a long time ago.

With that all races should be all classes, Gnome Demon Hunters and all. Remove factions allowing Night Elves to strut the streets of Orgrimmar and Forsaken to wave at the refugees in Stormwind with a smile.

Let’s go further, have all races have complete customization of all other races. Meaning you can make a Dwarf with Troll tusks, a missing jaw, demon hunter horns, Tauren hooves and a Draenei tail with quaffed Blood Elf hair… because why not?

1 Like

Tending to it is much more different than you insinuating its a mutant forest.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Druids_of_the_Fang

5 Likes

No?
They’ve made it a permanent dusk, my dude. My use of the word ‘tending’ doesn’t change what it is that they have done to their holy land.

There’s no need for some contrived arcane-botanist angle at all. Their Farstriders are literally an order of glory-to-Mother-Gaia types who range in the wilds and befriend animals because “in nature we find allies above deceit”. Just stick a few of those guys around the tauren lady in Silvermoon and bam, there’s your open-minded splinter group of Farstrider druids.

If night elves can rep a class antithetical to the general trends of their culture and society, I see no reason the blood elves should be denied the same courtesy.

7 Likes

Makes total sense… Insane Botanists are a multi-elf tradition.

Ashenvale has a normal day and night cycle.

6 Likes

yeah i’m sure it’s just named Nightsong Woods for … idk, poetry.
Casual reminder: The only places on Kalimdor that have giant trees are places that night elves populate.

I will need you to provide a direct quote from a reliable source.

And what is it that they have done? Again please directly quote a reliable source.
I have no interest in your “logical” conclusions, assumptions or process of elimination.

1 Like