Blood Elf Druid Discussion

nelf mages, belsf warriors, undead hunters

Yeah sure, whatever. The lore already has more nonsense than cheese has holes, why not. They also should make undead druids too. The fact that undead condition makes one literally hate life… who care about lore in this skin shop. But on bright side, the share retardness of this class/race combo, might, just finally gives me strength to delete my wow account for good and never ever touch this autistic poop ever again.

1 Like

Who cares. The more classes the bigger is the fun

What is this weird concept? They only “fun” there, is to have access to forum and read your intense shetposting, man. I solute your dedication to be active on both forums. Does blizzard pays you in subscription time, so you can keep forums alive?

1 Like

I pay two subs all by myself.

Why not… if Pathfinder and Dungeons and Dragons can have them why not Azeroth?

As any Druid would remind you, death and decay ARE part of the natural cycle.

This would be an opportunity to create a non-Cenarian Druid order, perhaps one based in Maldraxxus?

Blood Elves with their history in Botanomancy are natural candidates.

1 Like

Nightborne druids too while we are at it.

1 Like

Why not? They have a Night Elf Druid on site as a possible teacher. And a Druidic grown tree that saved their entire race. That tree is going to need stewards and protection.

In Eberron the Grand Druid of the world is an Awakened oak tree. And the most druidic race are orcs. The elves kind of worship positive energy ancient elven liches.

Think outside the box.

1 Like

2 Likes

Are there though?

Two completely empty accounts wearing the same thing backing each other up?

It seemed they were actually opposed? Erevien is for it almost enthusiastically and his twin is saying it makes the game worse.

Which one is the evil twin though? Or are both evil? Or maybe neither?

3 Likes

I waited for them ever since TBC when we met the High Botanist in the Tempest Keep Dungeon.

4 Likes

I wonder if the new patch will be any hints at introducing druids in the future honestly

2 Likes

None that I saw. It will likely take some time to see druids because it is a lot of asset work and with sin’dorei in particular there is the issue of why they are revearing Elune after firmly embracing the sun… as that’s where balance druids get their magic. The most likely answer is “don’t think about it too hard”, which is fair I guess.

I think I forgot to mention that will the Forest accept them back if the Blood Elves ended up being Druids? Their groves are still burned and I think in the questchain after you defeat corrupted tree protecters they pretty much want nothing to do with the blood elves in the future by the time they heal and grow up over time.

So does Time Heals all wounds?

1 Like

I’m totally for every race/class combo being possibe, but druids (alongside paladins and demon hunters) I feel need a big questline before they get available, and said questline should address every race getting druidism in a specific manner IMO.

Someone mentioned, but blood elves are the descendants of the highborne that rejected the druid culture implemented by Malfurion and Cenarius post War of the Ancients, that has been 10 thousand years prior to WoW of course, but keep in mind high elves while not immortal were very long lived (With alleria fighting over a thousand years in the twisting nether without aging a day), and also a Blood Elf in the war of thorns was actually a highborne that was there 10 thousand years prior. So I think for every race to get druid, which is a lot and probably will be the last or second to last class to be made available to everyone due to the sheer size of new assets would have to be made, a questline adressing this should be made.

Also, I think Belf players should be ready to accept that whatever they could come up with, will still be relates with the Emerald Dream, Ardenweald and the wild gods.

For Nightborne I think there is a smaller jump in lore to make, they have been saved recently by the arcan’dor raised by Farodin who is a night elf proto druid in a sense, so I think there could be a development there where they together become druids.

Man, making the lore fit every race for druids will be a lot of work, thats for sure

I don’t think that is a fair assessment. They did not “reject Druid culture.” Druid culture can exist along side the Highborne - we see that today.

No, their culture was rejected by the new kaldorei regime, so they had to find a new place to exist if they wanted to keep it.

I think Night Elf Mages would be a harder sell than Blood Elf Druids, as the Night Elves actually banned the Highborne and their practices. And that dam broke in cata. Blood Elf Druids already make sense enough.

I mean, I am ready to accept that, because I know it is the easiest way out for Blizzard.

I would like it if they explored Phoenix lore and we had our own cycle of death and rebirth tied to fire and light touching on nature. Maybe hint at ripping off lore from Tolkien about a “secret fire” that is tied to life. But I am ready to accept Blood Elves may just be given 0 extra lore, maybe even 0 new forms, and we just get to pick from what is already there for current Druids through the barber shop.

My expectations are low and I am ready to accept the worst. I have played this game long enough.

6 Likes

It’s difficult for me, at least, to envision a natural path for Blood Elves to become Druids without receiving some kind of instruction or mentorship from an already Druidic race. What would the impetus be for this sudden change?

Are we going to have a situation where we have Trolls and Tauren teaching the other Horde races in the ways of Druidism? Does that make for a compelling origin story…? Not for me it doesn’t.

Do we? If you’re referring to the case of Night Elves absorbing a handful of Shen’dralar into their society, I’m not sure if that’s a harmonious picture of coexistence.

I’m of the opinion Nightborne could have launched with Druid as an option. All of the narrative seeds were there, but just needed to be expanded upon slightly.

• The Arcan’dor was an ancient collaboration between early Highborne magi and proto-druids to bring balance to arcane energy.

• During the War of the Ancients, Ashamane kept the demons at bay and gave Suramar the time it needed to shield the city.

• The Nightborne are now stewards of the Arcan’dor, and will have to tend to it.

• There are Druidic refugees that fled the nightmare corruption of Val’sharah and have set up Irongrove Retreat in the forest of Suramar, befriending the wildlife and setting up a Moonwell there.

So the Nightborne have a historical connection to a proto-druid, connection to a wild god, and the possibility for cooperation with a group of current day Night Elf Druids living in Nightborne territory.

2 Likes

It could have worked, yes, maybe they just didn’t want nightborne to just be horde’s night elves at the time.

1 Like

Why though? Not every race needs to have access to everything. Elves already have their toes dipped in every class save for one (including having sole access to demon hunters).

As for blood elves specifically, isn’t Quel’Thalas pre-Scourge appearance a façade anyways? The elves used their arcane magic to manipulate the climate. The spring time weather Silvermoon enjoys isn’t natural.

Why would the druids decide to help Quel’Thalas return to their unnatural state?

3 Likes

Blizzard has been pretty open about the fact they’re moving towards opening all classes to all races, with the exception of Evoker and possibly Demon Hunter. So, Blood Elf Druids are very likely to happen.

As for the whole manipulating the climate, that was caused by Thas’alah, the Eversong mother tree, absorbing the energies of the Sunwell and radiating that energy across the forest to be in perpetual spring. The high elves merely used that power to connect runestone wards to Thas’alah and placed them around their borders to create the Ban’dinoriel in order to shield their arcane magic from the Legion and keep the Amani trolls from invading Quel’thalas.

An order of Blood Elf Druids could simply be those who have sworn to protect Thas’alah and nurture the Eversong Woods.

2 Likes