Blood Elf Death Knights - Red Eyes?

Yeah, the helm is broken which was giving Bolvar his connection, not us. We were raised from the dead with that connection and that means blue eyes.

If you guys dont like the DK dont play it.

2 Likes

No, i was going to post regardless, just addressing the trolls in the room.

If there is a good lore reason for the change of DK eye color absolutely no one has found it even before SL lore that cemented DK eye color as blue.

The only reason Night Warrior eye option is available is Elune is probably stronger than domination magic.

This change would also be exclusive to elf races.

2 Likes

It takes an astounding amount of narcissism to act as if you speak for what is and is not considered relevant and allowable for a DK.

12 Likes

Hello my fellow DKs, once again blizzard has not missed an opportunity to exclude us from our own Dk themed Xpac, do not let this injustice stand, speak out against this kind of discrimination, pls, my Nelf Dk would look so cool with Red eyes, #BloodDkMain

6 Likes

No, its the lore behind it. Again if the lore supported it then it would have happened from the beginnig because the lore would have supported different eye colors. Why do you think its working for the elves?

Blood elves had green for fel because the sunwell was corrupted, gold because it was cleansed, and now red for whatever reason the storyline gives.

People have been grasping at straws for the DK for years now and Blizzard during Blizzcon basically said DK eyes are blue for a reason for SL.

If you dont like the DK play something else. People want the DK to be something other than what it is for who knows why. A lot of people like consistent lore, and if you are going to break that lore because “muh eye colors though” i want my ghoul to be a teddy bear and death coil to vlbe unicorns farting rainbows, rbg eyes, gingerbread army of the dead, death and decay is a pool of marshmallow, and dancing rune weapon is a candy cane.

Lore doesnt matter right?

1 Like

I’m curious can you explain the lore behind nightfallen paladins and Void elves for that matter?

4 Likes

Im taking it that darkfallen are just undead. If so there are undead priests so undead paladins arent farfetched and void elves were a part of the blood elves.

1 Like

You can continue to try and pass your opinions on the matter off as fact, it just makes you look even more foolish than you typically do, which is saying something.

9 Likes

Darkfallen include Sanlayan, “dark ranger” night elves and blood elves. The Sanlayan were blood elves that fell to Arthas when Illidan tried to destroy the frozen throne. He raised them. Just like Sylvanas did with the “dark rangers”. Sanlayan also have red eyes. To me this makes red eye death knights fit the lore.

5 Likes

Except it doesnt and if it did then where are all of them? Not only that but its only 2 races in the WoW universe and not really a DK thing.

All im hearing is “boo hoo” from you. If you had anything other than “its just your opinion bro” you would have used it by now.

DKs have blue eyes for a reason, if you dont like it well too bad.

Yeah except the night warrior ones

6 Likes

Night warrior ones what? Where are all the night warrior DKs?

And again thats just night elves.

Hate to break it to you, but death knights with night warrior black eyes are cannon. It’s in the game I can log in right now on my dk and not have blue eyes. Your argument is that it goes against the lore but that aspect of the lore has been broken since darkshore. It’s no longer cannon that death knights only have blue eyes.

9 Likes

Please.

2 Likes

No, it doesnt mean its canon at all. In game Whitemane doesnt have eye glow, but she does in cinematics and all other art.

Were death knights supposed to get Night Warrior eyes or was it an oops and they had to keep it in for a singular race?

And yes, its still canon that Death Knights only have blue eyes. Again where are all these Death Knights with Night Warrior eyes or any other color that was raised as a death knight by Arthas or Bolvar that arent players.

Ill wait.

2 Likes

Gotta say, the Shadowlands is what brought me into this game, I joined at the start of the expansion for the Venthyr stuff, fell in love with Blood DK and have been playing it since. All I’ve ever wanted to finish the aesthetic was the red eyes for that vampiric look.

When someone told me Blood elves could have red eyes, I was so excited. Rushed into game and did the questline immediately, only to once again be disappointed.

I havn’t been around all that long, so I can’t say I can talk about this in the perspective of the lore. From my understanding, it would still make sense since I see DK’s with diff eyes in NPC form.

I just don’t understand why there is this undying need to take customization options away from people. Does it really hurt anyone at the end of the day if some DK’s have red eyes?

5 Likes

Eh. You’ll get used to it like the rest of us :wink:

I don’t understand why you care so much about people getting this option. You’re championing against a very minor thing that does not affect you. You need better things to worry about.

7 Likes

Wear a helmet then, there are plenty that have red, blue green purple eyes that is a part of the Dk sets that are out there.

Believe it or not, the story is a driving force for a lot of fans and people want to change lore and story because they think they are entitled to it. You can see this with this red eye bs. “this is an injustice! I want my red eyes as a DK!” yes thats how people are acting in GD about this topic.

Enjoying a consistent story is something that is important to me and people trying to ruin that story does affect me.

1 Like