Blood Elf Customization Thread (Glory of the Sin'dorei)

It’s from the questline we got during Shadowlands.

4 Likes

Oh really the Old Blood Knight PVP Paladin Armor from TBC?

No most of the pieces they are wearing comes from the Legion set recolor.

1 Like

I’ll say this is blood elves get the druid treatment and those kinds of forms I’m sold man no offense Alliance it’s been fun.

1 Like

Oh ok. I was more interested in the TBC Helmet they got and wondering about if it’s still transmogable atleast.

Yep, it is. My Pally was wearing it too.

3 Likes

Looks like time to get this thread back and on top with a friendly support and some artwork found on the internet.

Anyways, one thing I do wish for is better armor physics. And yes, this is in relation to also the Blood Elves. How most of us want the appearance from the TBC cinematic as a heritage armor, this would be a good reason to also add in better armor physics. Plus, then this could also make different types of armor look more unique as well. Take robes for example on this.

13 Likes

Did an update today to include some of what I’ve seen in the thread!

Hope we get some nice new shiny options come the next customization runs!

7 Likes

I really want this, for tattoos along side runic and Farstrider.

If sunwell options applied to hair maybe glowy light bits as a toggle I’m not sure.

I would like some options to let me do things besides changing my characters hair color every so often.

Letting us choose each individual eye color right or left would add some agency too. If my Paladin here is a returned high elf from Outland who took up the blood elf name then I could showcase one blue and one golden eye, like the process of Sunwell influence without having to have both my eyes golden.

The same would be nice for green eyes showing a return to blue eyes / the green color wearing off etc.

7 Likes

I’ve been sketching hairstyles I want to see. I need to refine them digitally though.

8 Likes

I’m gonna attempt at trying some artwork maybe this weekend, I’ll try and see what I can make and come up with.

5 Likes

These are really cool! I also wouldn’t mind some small face tattoos for when i wanna be a goth girl. Also, isnt it weird how customizable evoker underwear is? Lol i want that on my belf too!

5 Likes

Yes to all of this :hugs:

As per Sunwell based customizations, I’m imagining the opposite to the Starcursed customization concepts, similar to the arcane glow the Nightborne have, but with some gold hues.

I lovingly refer to this aesthetic as Sunblessed :yellow_heart:, both as a dichotomy to the Starcursed concepts, as well as the Sunwell being a central part of Thalassian culture, the restoration of which could very well be considered a blessing for the Thalassian people.

Tattoos and other customizations using this aesthetic would also be amazing :sparkles:

4 Likes

Saw this before but was reshown it again today!

By Jian Guo

5 Likes

I like this because I want more light customization but also changing my eye color is kind of a hard no for me, my character just has blue eyes, I -would- be tempted to have one golden eye and one blue eye to show some more Sunwell influence but overall some other light options would be great too and then I could keep my eye color that I want.

Specifically in the OP theres some golden tattoos, that kind of vibe, I know its not everyones vibe but I like how the nightborne tattoos display as like sort of faded (?) they’re not as distinct as say I would imagine Farstrider tattoos for BEs would be, I guess thats how I would imagine light themed tattoos sort of like NB options but golden.

5 Likes

Oh yeah, being able to select each eye color individually should definitely be a staple.

Yeah, that’s very much what I envision as well regarding the Light based tattoos for Blood Elves.

I’d also really like to see a toggle to customize the luminosity of tattoos of this kind, with the subtle reflective appearance you mentioned being the minimal option, with an increased brightness level or two for a more pronounced appearance.

4 Likes

I think this works out best tbh bcz I know a lot of people want more like intensity I guess or like more prominent tattoos when I’ve seen people who don’t like how the current NB tattoo options discuss changes they’d like, I think letting people set the brightness would make everyone happy w tattoo options like that.

4 Likes

I think if that was the case, bear/cat form would be similar to the creatures that hang out in Silvermoon/Eversong Woods, and Moonkin form would be more red/gold feather version.

One think I have been thinking regarding Druids if they should be a simpler “Oh they have leaned into druidism to heal the Dead Scar and learned from the Tauren” or if it could be more elaborate and tie it more to the Nightborne and their special relation with botany and Astromancy, and the Arcan’dor.

The first option feels like the most organic, like of course at least a group of Blood Elves would learn druidism to help heal their homeland, if being a Blood Elf means something, is to explore every avenue for their goals, and healing Quel’Thalas is a good one.

But also I feel there’s a lot of potential on the Nightborne possibilities of Druidism, one that’s more focused on their Astromancy (Balance) and the unique relationship between Druidism and Arcane that the Arcan’dor has granted them. To have their Botanists become fully fledged Druids through this manner could be very interesting, giving us a new framing of druidism, as unique as the Zandalari.

Their shapeshifting could lean more on Astral Animal Form, with more of an Arcane vibe, to fully lean on that union between nature and arcane, the Astral itself, while actually removing themselves a bit from the Elune aspect of it (but not entirely)

All of this, given the closeness between Nightborne and Blood Elves, could give the later a way of Druidism that feels closer to their arcane based culture, and leaning of the aspects of Astromancy (Balance) and Botanist (Restoration), the later of course aimed at healing the Dead Scar, with the animal shapeshifting elements of Druidism being somewhat downplayed, or at least interpreted and implemented through an arcane focus.

Of course, since now we have a lot of Druid Shape customization, more traditional druid shapes could be added (Lynx, Dragonhawk)

4 Likes

Join the club you see one Vulpera you’ve pretty much seen em all.

1 Like