Blood dk m+ tank guide

having tank anxiety? i wanted to help people out and get us more tanks in the process.

11 Likes

Tagging this for later.

1 Like

This was super helpful, thank you for posting.

thanks you guys, glad you enjoyed

I watched this whole thing even though I donā€™t have a 70 dk. I liked your enthusiasm and how you talked through each thing thoroughly

1 Like

If you want to get into bdk tanking do not follow this guide. As a 2.9k bdk main the talents are a complete mess. Be fine for up to 17s but anything higher you would change half the talents. I would not of commented but I really dislike people making videos to bait people with misinformation.

2 Likes

Your post isnā€™t any better at providing ā€œcorrectā€ information. I really dislike when people donā€™t post on mains when theyā€™re posting as an expert on a class. One, itā€™s nice to validate their expertise, but more importantly in this particular instance people could look at your tank build to fix the mess, as you say.

1 Like

Just look at every bdk on raider io. Hell could look up my character on raider io and see my DK linked. Doesnā€™t take much effort. You yourself are posting on an alt so you canā€™t really comment. I play several classes so ā€œmainā€ isnā€™t really something I decide on.

1 Like

First off, I didnā€™t say I was supporting or not supporting this video. We should get that out of the way. I was addressing you because you came in here to debunk it without providing any actual help at all as to what is correct. Just saying itā€™s a mess helps no one.

I did go to raider dot io for my build.

I didnā€™t come in here claiming to know anything about BDK, so Iā€™m not acting like an expert on the class; posting on an alt is fine as Iā€™m the one learning. I said people posting as experts on a class should post on that class.

You said it was your main, not me.

1 Like

The amount of information thatā€™s wrong in the video is way too much to cover in one post. If people ask for detailed information Iā€™ll provide but for know Iā€™ll leave as is. As I said normally wouldnā€™t of said anything as most videos have straws of truth . Opā€™s is how to play DK wrong.

1 Like

iā€™ve tanked 18s just fine w the build in the video. iā€™d probably change a few talents around for 20s but i havenā€™t been playing as much. i generally make videos on experience and purg did not feel mandatory when i was gearing up in m+. i still do not feel like purgatory is necessary even for 20s once you have tier. extra runes will allow your misplays to essentially never happen. would i take purg for a competition? probably. but i work for a living so i wonā€™t be entering those any time soon. :wink:

took a little key break to mess around on a few alts and pvp - when i get back to keys iā€™ll be happy to update the video with the set of talents that works for me at that time.

also if you look at the theme of my channel, it isnā€™t aimed at the top of the ladder. i aim to help people obtain their 1800 arena transmogs, get keystone master mounts, etc. I was doing as much dps as my dps in many of my keys, and death wasnā€™t something that happened often if ever. Hell, Iā€™ve soloā€™d some bosses on 15+ keys from 30% on bdk and still timed the key, essentially saving it because of the amount of single target damage i was able to put out and live through tank mechanics that the group couldnā€™t handle.

itā€™s a guide that will get you your mount if youā€™re struggling. it wonā€™t get you r1, but r1s arenā€™t watching my videos (except arena players, iā€™ve seen my cobalt leveling guide on a few of their streams from friends linking it in my disc).

You take purgatory in high keys. This is a guide for low keys for sure

3 Likes

The only person who should be having anxiety when you play blood dk is your healer

A bad healer maybe m. I donā€™t really ever need a healer, they should be focused on the dps

Hard disagree. As a healer main with a Blood DK alt doing 12-13ish keys now (17ish keys on my healer), I definitely have a series of mini heart attacks during both for obvious reasons. Blood DK is stupid fun, but the constant HP tug of war is more stressful than playing prot warrior for sure lol.

As a healer Iā€™ve learned to basically ignore the DK and hope heā€™s decent.

It was mostly a joke. DK health rubberbands a lot, especially when damage intake is high enough. Iā€™d recommend playing a build that runs Purg, itā€™s less stressful to see your hp dip if you know youā€™ve got both purg and will of the necropolis keeping you up.

2 Likes

When I took a look at this guide, I had the same opinion like yours. But for low keys, it doesnt really matter what builds you play, you can pull 2-3 mobs and time the key with the sheer amount of gear. At higher keys, people dont watch class guides anymore, so this guide is not helpful for them anyway.

Yeah man purg is a must as far as Iā€™m concerned. I saw a lot of builds when I started playing my DK that I didnā€™t agree with all all lol.

Purgatory and Rune Tap are both basically mandatory imo.

Main issue is if you call some ā€œultimate guideā€ should actually be a proper guide. You can play any talents in low keys cause if you put gear it, doesnā€™t matter. Just false advertising with a click bait title.

2 Likes

updated the original guide (which was extremely well received) for high keys! our tier set enables us to drop blood tap and go a much more defensive build.

hope you guys continue to enjoy!

1 Like