Blonde/brown hair for Void elves?

I think they’ll add other hair styles and colors for VE allong with more customization for the other allied races in upcoming patches, maybe in 9.1 or 9.2, I think they add the normal skin tones to the VE because they already have them, no need for more work, but imo with the hair styles they are going to add more but with the void elf touch, not just copy/paste of the BE ones.

And IMO everything is good, more customization is allways good, specially in wow where customization is so lackluster, literally who cares if the VE and BE look the same? lol, faction are a joke at this point in the game.

But is cool that if you want the common barbie like instagram model you go BE, if you want her goth emo sister that keeps thinking its not a phase you go VE.

2 Likes

I play Blood Elves and Void Elves and I say no. So how about you stop using this line?

6 Likes

Pardon an alteration, but I would not mind if void elf/blood elf/high elf men (counter-alphabetical order) would get heavy facial hair like humans, Kul Tirans, and three dwarves. So, in a sense, I’m with you. And it was also very kind of you to publish this for your friend.

I wasn’t talking to you was I. Sort out your reading comprehension

2 Likes

I mean… You’re literally the one that needs to ‘take the L, bro’. What you’re being told isn’t wrong, you are just disagreeing with it.

7 Likes

How do I need to take the L when I got non-infused skin tones?

Make that make sense boy

1 Like

On this note, the Kul Tiran hair textures fit right on the void elf hair models with no alteration required for whatever reason, so if I had my vote I’d go with them. Less work required on Blizzard’s part.

2 Likes

I’d rather just get… more things.

Not High Elf things… not Void Elf things… just… more things.

If those things can work for either theme, all the better IMO.

That’s not to say I wouldn’t want some things that are specifically made for the Void Elf theme, I’d just like more options that are flexible.

5 Likes

When you make this statement, you are implying that you have to play a Void Elf to have any say. And since your statement is such a blanket one, it’s addressed to everyone.

So you were indeed talking to me. Take the L, Bro.

5 Likes

Exactly.

It gets tiresome being made to feel like I’m not a “true” void elf fan because I don’t want things that are monstery for the sake of being monstery like extra eyes and mouths, even when that’s not the poster’s intent.

2 Likes

This kind of stuff is why I had my tattoo of you removed.

I don’t mind that kind of options.
But only after blonde and white hair are here.

There’s a lot of Void themed options I’d like that are specifically Void themed, but there’s also quite a few options I’d like that would fit just fine with any theme such as a simple black and simple white hair color.

I don’t need hairstyles that are identical to those of Blood Elves. A toggle for the hair tentacles that adds them to styles that don’t have tentacles or hides them from styles that do would open up a world of options for me without making new hairstyle models for Void Elves (though I’d still like more hairstyle options in general, even if they are ported from other races).

In regards to hair colors, again I don’t need colors that are identical to those of Blood Elves. But I also don’t see anything wrong with asking for colors that aren’t identical to the colors Blood Elves have, even if they fall in the neighborhood.

A post on MMOChamp shared a picture that’s been posted in these topics before but included a comment that put it really well I think:

there’s a shade of blonde there, but it’s less Marilyn Monroe and more Everyday Joe. It’s a darker beige rather than the sunny yellow platinum blondes of blood elves, and has a bit of an ombré effect as it gets darker at the ends. The brown is dark and fairly plain but, along with the beige, I think they’d mollify the high elf-stans as far as hair color goes. The black and white are obvious choices that void elves should have had from the get go, and I doubt anyone would complain about an icy blue hair color as a void elf option. It answers requests for hair colors but still keeps them unique.

7 Likes

Nothing wrong with being a High Elf that uses shadow magic, if you ask me.

3 Likes

How can play that without white and blonde hair though?

To clarify, I don’t oppose monstery options. They just don’t interest me.

In terms of Void themed options, I’d prefer an Ethereal skin like I made in my mockup.

My most wanted option is ranger tattoos though.

4 Likes

You were talking to everyone. Get the wool outta your ears.

In some ways I get what you mean…

But things will likely be attached to either high or void elves.

Tattoos and scars would be helpful.

Tentacle toggles seem like it’s good for both.

I just don’t want everyone to treat void elves like they’re not void elves. Watching such an interesting race concept be reduced with options to make them what they’re not is frustrating. At best we got an eye color that is truly void elf over what we started with.

I’m happy for getting the high elf options, don’t get me wrong, but watching others voraciously try to get more as though void elves were a mistake is again frustrating.

I think blizzard could fulfill this easily enough by focusing on the void aspects.

New hair colors along the void lines that can fulfill both fantasies.

Tattoos too.

Scars are always nice.

And the Tentacle toggle.

Gods I want that.

3 Likes

Yep. The tattoos can come in Voidy colours like the purple glow that Alleria’s have in her void form, or a colour like the heritage wings.
https://i.imgur.com/Wb75Nj4.png

And they could also add tattoos in a Voidy pattern like the mockup I made using N’zoth runes.
https://i.imgur.com/eZg1OCI.png

2 Likes

Or heck just black and white hair.

Both fit with the void just fine. Make em a little too black and too white and they’re unnatural versions that work for helf and velf without detracting from the void elves theme.

2 Likes

Yeah. It’s kind of nonsense we didn’t get them to begin with tbh.

3 Likes