BlizzConline Q&A Submissions

Ew.
Anything but a fancy butterfly.

I asked about the fate of destroyed faction capitals and their possible replacement in the future. I doubt it will be answered.

She can be a creation goddess and still be in the realm of Death and not on the moral plane. Ardenweald explains it’s origin and basically The Winter Queen spawning with a mushroom. That idea of spores and fungus as the pregenitor of Life is repeated over and over in the material universe, most notably on Draenor where Life essentially created a sentient plant monster called The Everbloom.

Azeroth is an anomaly because according to Chronicle it was actually Terraformed by Freya with the help of Eonar. It doesn’t follow the same blueprint but there are also some hints that the Titans were using Azeroth as an experiment in using this fungus to create Old Gods.

Life as a cosmic force is volatile and will end up consuming itself if left to nature, so the Titans developed the Machine of Death to regulate life so that it cannot implode but part of that was trapping the original peregrinator of Life in the Shadowlands.

Are you referring to G’huun the Artificial Old God?

Blizzard said the Machine of Death was created by the First Ones not the Titans!

Case in point: The Eternal One known as the Arbiter whom the First Ones created is said to pre-date the Titans!

The Titans are a hastily manifested Mirror of the First Ones at best.

I’m probably splitting hairs over the language but to me, it reads as him using that as a sort of archetype term for her design, rather than her being the “actual” Earthmother as a tauren deity figure.

1 Like

well yes but it’s from a lot of different sources implying the Titans lied about the real purpose of Azeroth. Illygnoth says that the Vassel of Life disguses treachery and when Deathwing confronts Thrall in a vision under Nordrassil he implies and imparts that Azeroth was just a failed Titan Experiment. The Lies of the Titans (the book Wrathion has you piece together) in Visions of N’Zoth presents an alternative history where the Titans tried to corrupt the Old Gods with the Curse of Stone.

Oribos was made by the First Ones and the Shadowlands as a whole was made by the First Ones but in the recent Sagagamer interview Ely Cannon says that the Archon, Sire, Primus and Winter Queen are more in the same level as Titan Keepers but in their own pantheon.

yeah but it is though because the Eathmother isn’t just the Earth, or Azeroth, or the Tidemother. The Tauren have a matriarchal progentitor. An’she and Mu’sha are the sun and the moon and they are considered the left and right eye of the Earthmother.

This has long been debated if Mu’sha is Elune or if Elune is more like The Tauren Earthmother since she is more described as a progenitor goddess, not just a “moon” goddess and she was apparently present during the Ordering of the Universe. There is a connection between the Winter Queen and Elune, it’s in the way they describe Ardenweald as a waining moon to Life’s waxing moon.

I can’t wait to find out who The Winter Queen’s sister is, probably Freya.

The Archon, Sire, Primus and Winter Queen are Eternal Ones like the Arbiter who as I said was created by the First Ones.

The Eternal One Pantheon of Death are equal to the Titan Keeper Pantheon of Law. The First Ones are equal to the Old Gods at the least if not higher.

The book is called Curse of Stone not Lies of the Titans. It according to Wrathion delves into how Flesh is the Old Gods’ Gift to counteract the Titans’ curse upon their creations.

The Quests for the Book found after that the Book called Fear and Flesh has Wrathion give out the exact info about the Gift of Flesh:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Reconstructing_%22Fear_and_Flesh%22_(3)

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Reconstructing_%22Fear_and_Flesh%22_(5)

The third book The Final Truth’s conclusion is below:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Reconstructing_%22The_Final_Truth%22_(3)#Completion

Unlikely because 9.0.5 is more akin to a band-aid patch than anything else, being solely created to fix the PvE-gearing issue with justice points making a return as well as fixing some of the issues with covenants (Necrolords finally getting buffed for example after being the worst covenant for nearly every single class). I doubt that there will be any larger content included.

that’s not what art director Ely Cannon said in a new sagagamer Ardenweald interview. He said the Primus, Archon, Sire and Winter Queen were more like on the same level as the Titan Keepers, so one rung below the Titans.

The Eternal Ones are one rung below the Titans. The First Ones created the Eternal Ones! They are not the Eternal Ones themselves!

Eternal Ones are the Pantheon of Death while the Titan Keepers are the Pantheon of Law.

The Titans and First Ones are both in the rung above the Eternal Ones and Titan Keepers.

honestly I do not care.