Blizzcon, What are you going to do for non group content player?

Maybe im just nuts but i play this MMOrpg for what you just said in this post :sweat_smile:.

Well yeah Torghast specifically, but they could have scaling content that doesn’t have anima powers. Their main hurdle is “gear is gear”, which excludes branching progression paths.

If it dropped its own gear currency, players could progress and get stronger by doing it. They wouldn’t have to run raids or dungeons or pvp to do the scaling content.

I’m not saying with Torghast, but future systems based off the technology minus the anima powers.

There’s literally nothing in shadowlands that keeps me interested and theres nothing to do. Completely bored of systemlands.

Haven’t set foot in the zones in weeks. Been messing around in bfa, legion and warlords zones. Way more fun.

If 9.1 doesn’t address the issues solo/casual players have in some way I doubt many or any will stick around or re up their subs.

Systemlands is complete garbage.

5 Likes

Some of us can only do “faceroll” content and are a little puzzled as to why we are always and forever the afterthought, since we don’t get a “faceroll” discount for the weeks we can’t do interesting content.

But hey, a lot of us are rolling right on out of here and taking our big, fat wallets with us. So no biggie.

1 Like

Might be better to direct your question here .

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/ask-your-questions-for-the-wow-qa-here/865537

There was no need for Torghast to drop gear or currency-for-gear, because the covenant gear was the solo player gearing system.

The #1 complaint from solo players is that the covenant gear was too fast and easy to get. They SHOULD be requesting that the next iteration of solo content be MUCH slower and take 6 months to acquire.

But they don’t do that, they just complain that “there’s no progression” instead, which is clearly NOT the case.

I think the issue is that many casuals see their issues in a box, not in full context.

I am not saying you personally. But an example

A person says “I dont want heroic/mythic raid quality gear, just a way to continue to get gear as a solo player”

But if solo gear continues to progress past 200…then yeah. You are getting heroic/mythic raid quality gear. So it becomes a contradiction.

At some point, someone will run out of gear progression as a pure solo player. That is unavoidable.

I am honestly not sure what you mean here.

As your gear slowly improves, you’ll be able to do the current content that you “can’t” do now. That’s why.

Misplaced expectations from a genre of game that is and was never solo focused. It’s only that WoW throws the bone once in a while to do this or that.

At the end of the day, it’s a hamster wheel, when you’ve done what you wanted and don’t like what they did for you, take a break, unsub and wait 'till you hear news of something better but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

I believe I did stay on topic until you jumped in and argued with me. I had you hidden for the longest time, no idea how that got turned off.

I believe I said the game was much better than there was one level of dungeon. A close to max level dungeon that had gearing for endgame for casuals. Not this leveling dungeons drop trash. Heroic dungeons are endgame dungeons that drop trash and you can only progress if you do Mythic + 5 , Mythic +10 or Mythic +15.

There was a reason for even end game players to run level 55s through endgame dungeons, like I said above I do now. Not for gold. Just for community.

It’s the same way, now. The difference between then and now is that, in classic, you didn’t have self-proclaimed “casual” players looking at the more difficult content other players were doing, and demanding “I WANT WHAT THEY HAVE”.

There is casual content in the game, now. It rewards not-as-good-gear, just like back then.

My apologies for having the audacity of disagreeing with you.

I changed servers a year or so ago. Forums see me as a new perosn. Thats probably why.

I disagree. I found 1 level of dungeons short sighted, and made dungeoning useless for the most of the playerbase shortly after max level.

You can still run people through dungeons for community today.

No it’s not.

Classic - level 55-60 dungeons dropping BIS pre-raid gear. Dungeons anyone can run at max level

Retail - If you want BiS pre-raid gear you can’t get it in a leveling dungeon anyone can face roll. You can’t get it in a heroic dungeon. You better at least be doing Mythic. If you want anything good, you better be Mythic + 15.

You have a bunch of added difficulties between the 2. It’s disingenuous to say there isn’t

M+15 isn’t BIS pre-raid gear, it’s BIS gear period (through the great vault).

M+ is not a prep system for raiding, it’s a replacement for raiding.

2 Likes

You can get plenty of good gear and not do +15s.

SO what level Mythic do YOU think is required to get good enough gear?

I don’t do mythic plus. I think the entire concept is ridiculous and too video gamey for me. It’s why I spend most of my time in Classic. I prefer resists and skills - developing my character, not twitch skills.

Good enough for what?

I got an ilvl 200 weapon for failing to time a +8 key, which I was using until I got another M+ replacement for it (226 ilvl) this week.

is 200 that good today? I have 2 pieces somewhere around that on my only other 60, a hunter.

Got em from world bosses.

But that’s a side piece for me honestly. I don’t really care about level, I just agree there needs to be actual valid solo or casual content at end game. WQ are not it.

1 Like