Blizzcon, What are you going to do for non group content player?

Im not interested in all the things you guys are going to do for raiders and mythic dungeons and pvp.

I’m curious what are you going to do for the people who are playing the content out in the world and not running the same raid/dungeon/battleground over and over …Ad nauseam.

The new Garrisons…err i mean the covenants only have so much stuff all time gated behind anima. That’s not very entertaining, the garrison where more entertaining then this. The world quests are a chore with very little reward MORE SO this expansion then any other. ( well MoP on steroids i should say)

Torghast/twisting corridors have no reward at all. Honestly this was the most fun me and my wife had this expansion was doing the twisting corridors, but that was short lived even with alts and just making up an excuse to run them to get more companions on alts for the mission tables was very short lived.

Some more story line that is short lived with no replay ?

I’m seriously curious what progression or rewards are there for players who aren’t interested in the carrot stick style of group play ?

I know the forums are filled with * screw you dirty casuals, you deserve nothing and you want everything handed to you* posts everywhere, and the opposite as well, * we all deserve a path to better gear*
But putting that all aside, what is there to do for the average wow player OR even a player who might do one of the group content forms of play, what is there for people to do in the game besides those 3 things ?

I mean if this is it, we are only a few months in and already its time to go work on achievements you might have missed now or in previous expacs is that it ? go chase mounts now ? Just log in to all your toons and send out missions and stand around in the covenant or tab out to wowhead to see if there is any news about anything new to do ??

I hope on friday you have something to say to EVERYONE and not just the group content players.

:::::::::::::::::EDIT :::::::::::::::
Im not good at articulating. But i found and aritcle on blizzwatch that kind of sums alot up. or speaks to me as a player

90 Likes

They’re adding valor dailies that can be used to upgrade your gear in 9.0.5

7 Likes

You do realize this is a MMO right?

41 Likes

To upgrade gear you can only get from running mythic. Thats great news for the people that enjoy mythic+ .

27 Likes

It’s an mmorpg.

The games main focus is group content.

Why is this so hard to understand?

It’s like going into an ice cream shop and trying to order a burger, then blaming the shop because they don’t have what you want.

22 Likes

Yes and you do realize its 16 years old and the 100 friends you had along the way who havent logged in for years or the empty guilds your alts are on, have forced a solo type play for SOME **** SOME**** types of players.

35 Likes

It’s not. Its a huge world with tons of potential. Where they want you as a group to leave that world and spend hours in an instance with strangers.

31 Likes

Actually it is. If it wasn’t then you wouldn’t be here complaining that there isn’t enough solo content.

5 Likes

In this expansion. There is very very little solo play. More so then previously.

18 Likes

Yet this game does everything to turn players against each other. Instead of encouraging cooperation like an mmo they continue to ignore broken class design and systems that favor a select few build. Player abuse and degenerate kick and replace game play is rewarded. Great MMO systems here makes me want to meet people that are playing. LOL

33 Likes

How is it rewarded?

1 Like

Seems like a you problem. I didn’t have an issue finding a guild and making new friends at the start of this xpac that are all still active.

1 Like

There’s as much as there’s ever been. World Quests, daily quests, callings, anima conductor daily stuff. There’s plenty to keep a solo player busy, and I say that as a primarily solo player.

5 Likes

This game has finally found itself again and has returned to the glory days of Classic-Wrath. Casual non-group oriented players have some story content at max level otherwise you level. Join a group or find a new game.

Spare us the terrible design that was heroic raid loot from world quests

1 Like

Yes this as well.

The first several weeks of classic was amazing the community the people the fun.
that isnt really a thing in retail anymore.

It just LFG with groups who dont talk and rush rush rush to get that carrot.
or BG’s with everyone calling everyone a loser, or raids looking for people AOTC and 9000 Ilvl requirements. Its all very … I wouldnt say toxic, but not inviting and not appealing top be around. Guilds are kind of the same way with you have your clicks of people and after the game dies down all the new faces are gone.

14 Likes

Dunking on solo players want character progression is a bit ridiculous.

We’ve already had past systems that gave them progression. Blizzard can find something to give them.

16 Likes

Have you tried finding new friends and/or a more active guild? You don’t have to stick to a dead guild or have an empty friends list, really you don’t.

1 Like

Wash your mouth!

And you do realise that is no excuse for not putting fun in the game? I tend to agree with the OP - if fun is running the same small set of dungeons over and over day after day in the hope of getting a bracer that is 5 ilevels higher or whatever, then my idea of fun is very different to that.

What do we have to do now, outside of repeating instance activities? World quests, Callings…and what? Equally repetitive, an ever-circling rotation of who-givs-a-damn.

Unless Blizzard ups its game significantly very soon, it will be shedding subs. We already have high end raiders dropping out, and people in the middle ranges being frustrated, and casuals reaching their boredom cap fast.

It’s not an unreasonable question, I think.

36 Likes

Your right there are things like that, but the same things over and over. With very little reward. Either a very low ilvl piece of gear, some gold. or a very small amount of anima. After sooo long of watching a magician pull a rabbit out of a hat the trick gets a little old. I hate saying it isnt rewarding because i don’t want to sound like i should be gettting some AWESOME legendary rewards for everything i do and just logging i should a million gold or something silly. But you know that feeling when you go in the maw and they start taking things away from you, or you just lost a huge amount of stygia and then lost another huge amount again trying to get back your body, well that same feeling is how WQ,dailies,mission tables covenant upgrades feel to me.

8 Likes

They already did something for us! We received armor with our very own world content set bonus!

I only hope they continue to add ranks to it!

It sounds to me as if you do not care about anything in this game. That is not the fault of the game.