Blizzcon is over and not a single peep about legion legacy content

And the comparisons to FF14 don’t make sense because people run roulettes to grind currency for current gear.

It really is amazing just how much people rail against the tmog community. Amazingly disgusting that is.

8 Likes

I get that you’re frustrated about this but I can’t really expect that anyone would be asking about this kind of thing at a media event focused future content reveals.

1 Like

I think half of the reason was that so little was revealed other than “dastardly denizens committing dastardly deeds in a dastardly long dastardly dungeon”, and that left many questions.

I miss when soloing raids was an accomplishment and a progression path of it’s own.

Was hoping Timewalking would be the fix for that, but it all drops stuff I’ve already had for 10+ years so it’s a complete waste of time.

Alas.

1 Like

feelsbadman, had high hopes they will address problems and work on them but nope, lets just ignore the community, all this Q&A was a huge oof

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/blizzard-are-you-even-listening/877830

1 Like

For me, its less against players than designers who seem to think that a new appearance is some kind of gift from on high that’s worth ridiculous resources and time to gain.

Hint: having a slightly different looking hat is not worth 4000 quatloos or whatever the latest currency is

1 Like

Tmog has carried this game for a while now. The replay value of Tmog is immense.

The sudden stance on legion legacy content is indeed baffling!

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

10 Likes

The problem is that the scaling only works out when you get to near end of SL ilvl gear. So a lot of the issue will resolve itself once you’re at 300+ilvl with all your SL borrowed power tacked on. Obviously the big problem here is that now we have to wait till the end of SL before we can actually farm legion content like we want. It’s for this reason blizz doesn’t see a scaling issue with legion content.

But then there’s the elephant in the room. Legion raid mechanics. There’s a lot of boss mechanics the vast majority of players are gonna get screwed by. Imonar, eonar (even with the nerf), KJ etc all are basically gonna hard block you from killing them since even bursting them down won’t work since their fight stages causes them to become basically immune during phase changes. This is gonna require deletion of a bunch of legion raiding code to fix for solo mythic mog runs.

And then there’s bfa that has yet even more mechanics that will prevent you from solo farming. Even now I see the rare mythic bfa mog run not able to get passed the first couple bosses with a full raid of 200ilvl geared SL players. Mechatorque is gonna be a big fat wall to anyone attempting mythic bod.

And even with all that said I haven’t even mentioned the worst part. Anyone notice that the new class preview screen when creating a character all use legion raid class mogs? So what you think is gonna happen when a new player comes along and is sold on the concept but when they finally roll around to attempting to farm legion to get their character just like it was advertised, they get totally screwed. Gonna leave a bad taste in the mouth of a lot of new players. Kinda a stupid move for a corporation to make.

2 Likes

Okay what in BFA without corruptions I could solo mythic Xavius on toons I was even garbage on that shows if thats a problem. I havent tried due to having all but the pet from it but yeah anyone who says it was corruptions no and my HoA didnt even have more then tier 1 things when I did this.

2 Likes

Eonar is optional if you engage her in mythic and you cant kill her youve locked yourself out hate that bug if you dont it wont.

There isn’t any misunderstanding. There are players who enjoy doing legacy content for multiple reasons, most often they want to do is solo.

And there is a company that, for whatever reason, doesn’t want to put the same effort into legacy content as they have in the past.

It is a shame because developers and artists put a lot of time and effort into that content and people who enjoy legacy content do not get to enjoy it.

15 Likes

agree that old content needs to have legacy buffs and be faceroll

it is dead content already done and repeated a zillion times, peeps are just going through it for timewalking or mogs

2 Likes

They should have answered some harder questions. That’s what would won a lot of people back instead of playing it super safe

1 Like

Unfortunately it seems many people forgot or simply didn’t play wow long enough to realize that older raids from past expansions use to still be hard, I remember during mist of pandaria going back to raids such as Bastion of Twilight (cata’s first raid) or ICC (WoTLK), or even AQ’40 (Vanilla) etc and getting my butt handed to me if I ignored mechanics or some fights were impossible to solo unless you brought along a friend or such to help dps/tank or heal you (i.e. needing a healer for Valithria Dreamwalker in ICC).

It wasn’t until the legacy raid overhaul around WoD and Legion that Blizzard made alot of these old raids soloable (especially with the 1st scaling adjustment post-mop), so players got spoiled by being able to go in many of these old raids and oneshot everything and not need to bring along a healer friend or whatever to pass the dps/healling/tanking walls that Blizzard removed.

Ion and Co does not care about legacy content. They think they do but they don’t. Do we not have phones?

Obviously the silence is obvious folks.

They want you to keep playing /subbed and get 9.2/9.3 gear to bruteforce it.

Like I said many times already before.

Oh and ion never uses transmogs so you can imagine how much he actually cares about this.

3 Likes

to put things in perspective. it wasn’t until mid to late MoP that people were able to start soloing things like lich king 25 heroic and Yogg 25 no lights. and even then it was really only certain classes and in full heroic raid gear in most cases. and it wasn’t easy it was a hard solo.

I realize that legion was soloable by geared players last expac but the corruption gear and essences that made that possible are either deleted or you have to refarm on a fresh toon (ie a new toon or returning player wont have either of these).

it is very possible that there is simply nothing to fix and blizzard doesn’t want fresh toons 1 shotting guldan. similar to how most people were S TILL not 1 shotting arthas solo in late mop.

M Goroth was being soloed before essences were a thing, which of course were a thing before corruption.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXYb0yNYyQk

It has 0 to do with corruption and everything to do with busted broken scaling. Just look at the example I gave you and look at the health pools, where M Goroth has something like 15x player health. Now it’s what, 250x the player health on a level 50 (previously 120)?

8 Likes

I’ve been called crazy for saying it but ill do it again. Losing 60 levels accomplished nothing and caused more problems then anything it tried to change.

13 Likes