Blizzcon 2020 is cancelled

It better be a tasteless undead murloc with a facemask!

1 Like

It should be done online via stream virtual tickets.

Toss in some Cap’n Crunch and you got yourself some breakfast!

2 Likes

Little late, this was news months ago.

Why not next year?

I guess that’s what you Americans get for being the worst country in the world to deal with the virus 🤷 we’re pretty much back to normal where I am, no new cases in a month

Where I am, covid-19 cases are rising by double digits. Traffic, even in the early morning (like 5am), is happening again. While the bars are closed, the more popular restaurants that cater to locals are packed in the evening. No social distancing. Business is good, better than usual, from the ones I’ve seen. No masks either.

On the flip side, the restaurants who catered to the tourists or business crowd are still empty. They turned up their noses at local patrons when times were good because they could charge higher prices on tourists and business people. Karma + bad business decisions = empty joint. But I can almost guarantee you they are looking for more government bailout money.

And that’s totally because blizzcon is cancelled. :roll_eyes:

Did I miss something that has this being brought up again?
It is of course no surprise either way. I attended a few years ago and looking back I know multiple people who got some sort of illness even then, before any concerns were widespread.

There are just so many people crammed into one area that its not worth it, especially not when you are talking about the image of a company like this.

The convention is nice, but frankly I look to it for the announcements and reveals.
I hope they will still do that, as they believed they would a few months ago, in an online format.

Well there is only one thing to do then…

1 Like

I saved some good cash this year with cons being canceled.

We also put a man on the moon.

People are dying bro. Priorities

2 Likes

I hope we might see Announcements in terms of everything. So far Blizzcon is probably going to be on Streaming Show sometime like early 2021.

Was on PC gamer where Blizzard confirmed it

1 Like

We just have to protect Betty White at all costs and the year won’t be a total loss

4 Likes

I was talking about where I personally saw it. I don’t follow pc gamer.

Not saying that wasn’t where it was reported initially, but that wasn’t my source. :+1:

In either case, with the release of the Q2 2020 J.A.B. stated there would definitely be something, but he didn’t indicate whether it’d be Jan, Feb or March. /shrug

:sparkles:

On the earnings call yesterday, an analyst asked management since Blizzard wasn’t doing Blizzcon, would there be a virtual update? JAB replied there will be a virtual event early next year. So I’m guessing not all the Blizzcon pre-planning will be written off as wasted effort.

The sad thing is it didn’t have to be like this in the U.S.

Right, that’s what they announced back in May.

2016 was pretty good I thought, especially with the WoW stuff like class mounts, tomb of sargeras, Legion invasions, and the Argus tease at the end.

I’m guessing the analyst wanted to know about the in-depth kind of info on Blizzard ip that Blizzcon provides before the end of the year. No Blizzcon or virtual event this year means no info dump on that scale. Until next year. Unless Blizzard decides to do one.