Blizzcon 2019

This is silly. Being called a fanboi? I pay to play both games. I am allowed to, many of us even claim to do so in the forums.

I’ve already answer your question. Comparing legit conventions who does more then just 1 reveal is entirely wrong. And you can’t get a grasp of that and Activision fanboi hard over it.

1 Like

Hopefully they learned to not announce a mobile game to a PC audience without at least a bit of update on said PC game with maybe a few teaser slides. That’s what hurt them. They didn’t read the room.

2 Likes

It’s PR hype.

If you follow wow you know the schedule by now. Expansions revealed every other year so this year is the one to anticipate. I dont follow others games but seems like they are less predictable.

i expect some talking around WoW, trying to get people excited for new content that’ll boil down to going to new areas, and killing x amount of y, while earning 75 rep per new world-quest completed. overwatch’ll have some new character announced with a nice little cinematic (basically ashe, but not ashe), hearthstone’ll be another expansion, with a zany look at WoW intended to drain your wallets… and diablo 4 will be announced, as blizz attempts damage-control of diablo-immortal. starcraft… will get nothing, OR blizz will pull a sequel outta their back-pocket, to squeeze more money outta it. hearthstone will get a new hero that’ll break the game again. those’re my predictions.

1 Like

WoW expansions have a 2 year cycle, it would be this blizzcon where it should be announced.

Probably 2 Overwatch cinematics featuring backstory for an old charecter and intro for a new.

Diablo PC/Console news would be a good idea to regain some cred.

Then hearthstone decks and 18 more new Warcraft heroes for HotS

I’m guessing Blizzard will have several new things to promote. It’s either that or sink into irrelevance up to their ears.

Best case: A new Diablo for Pc/console and something MMO related. A new WoW iteration of some kind or a new Overwatch MMO or something.

Taliesen being a shill? Well I never!

(clutches pearls in Goblin)

This.

1 Like

well seeing as the next WoW xpac should drop next year, and a Classic release date has not been set yet, that’s probably a big part.

I’d love to go to Blizzcon once in my life but I don’t see that happening but I’m sure it would be a treat for any “hard core fan”. And by hard core fan I mean someone who knows a little about the lore and doesn’t just focus on aspect of the game.

I don’t have much faith atm, but at least ActiCon 2019 can’t be any worse than last year’s.

I’d say this is an almost certainty after the amount of backlash they faced with last year’s disastrous Diablo: Immoral announcement.

Nothing special, they bombed last year. Just trying to sell tickets.

1 Like

It is a near guarantee that they will have the next xpac announcement.
Also I would imagine some actual Diablo news is a near guarantee as well.
Lastly I am guessing either a new IP or some unexpected sequal like WC4 or SC3.
Also a battle royal mobile game because Blizzard is always 2 years behind getting in on the latest fads.

2 Likes

If you go to Blizzcon '19, make sure you bring your phone. That is, if you have one.

5 Likes

See, now this…this is one expectation you can count on the actiblizz team to deliver on: make it a worse year than the one before.

They can always dig themselves deeper, and I’m sure there’s a free car/vacation package/year end bonus for the team that comes up with the next “don’t you guys have phones?”

Because in spite of their metrics falling in lockstep with their stock prices…they have made no indication of reversing course, either in wow, or anywhere else.

Apparently, they want to take ea’s title as absolute worst game company.

1 Like

BlizzCon 2019 Commemorative Collectible; a 2-piece set… of figures that look like steroid-infused rejects from Disney Infinity closeout stock.

For the Alliance faction, stands an armored Human Footman, with a shield for defense & armed sword at the ready ATOP a fallen Horde battle standard!

For the Horde faction… idles a grinning Orc Grunt, forearm RESTING on a BENT knee, axe RESTING on a shoulder, standing atop a training dummy…

Blizzard (whos wills are eternally enslaved to Activision… or whomever they sell out to next) has yet once again-again brought into physical being proof of their faction bias and utter distain FOR THE HORDE!

:rage:

blizzard goes mobile con.

blizzard mobile inc.

He did say this on stream shortly after their trip from Blizzard earlier in the spring.

I’m guessing a new WoW Expansion that they’re trying to set up with BfA, Diablo 4, a brand new IP and maybe another sequel to one of their other existing IPs.

Here’s what I’m hoping for:

• Diablo 4 - that is no longer a 2D or 2.5D game but an actual 3D WoW type dungeon crawler. Would love to have an action camera also. Was so disappointed that Diablo 3 was basically D2 redone.
  • WoW - next xpac annouced with Horde getting Mok’nathal, Ogres and/or San’layn.

Those are the only games I’m interested in so news of other games would not get me excited.

diablo 2 remake will blow everyone away.