Blizzcon 2019

I believe it was Taliesen who said that a Blizzard employee told him something to the effect of, “If you attend one Blizzcon in your life, it should be in 2019”.

Any speculation as to what might be announced that would make it so special?

Aren’t they all special? Especially to the players. And if you really want to know, buy a ticket when they are available. I would if it weren’t so far away.

2 Likes

This sounds like a facetious comment made to Taliesen. I’m half-expecting this year’s blizzcon to be canceled.

41 Likes

I had a great time blizzcon 2018 with the virtual ticket (even with all the drama :popcorn:). I did enjoy Train at the closing ceremony, they were fantastic!
so I’m definitely going to buy the 2019 vticket.

For my predictions I have no clue tbh… Just whatever it is I hope it’s a lot fun of course.

8 Likes

Or if not cancelled, significantly curtailed compared to recent ones, given how many people from CM’s, to PR, and other public/community facing employees that are heavily involved in organizing the event and activities were among those let go during the layoffs.

/moo :cow:

13 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if Blizzard cancelled Bizcon 19. The last one was just an absolute disaster with the Diablo immortal reveal. Three months later people are still dislike bombing any video posted by Blizzard with the “You guys don’t have phones meme” almost always being the top comment.

18 Likes

It can’t be worse than 2018’s Blizzcon. Just ask what’s left of the Diablo fanbase.

14 Likes

Corporations do not make business decisions based on the actions of losers with vote-bots.

11 Likes

and not just BC2018 that irked off the Diablo fanbase, at BC2016 a Blizz employee told some Diablo fans Just wait, next year you guys are gonna lose your minds! i dont remember the exact quote, but was along those lines. What were we to lose our minds about? Necromancer DLC… yeah, dont buy into any Blizz hype at all. I mean it was nice to get something new finally, but that is not “lose your mind” level of content.

5 Likes

Well, it is WoW’s 15th anniversary so that should be a big deal. D4 announced maybe? Maybe they’ll announce a new IP too. Hopefully, not another game exclusive to mobile phones though.

3 Likes

Murloc plushies for ticket holders.

Also, what Blizzard employees might think is super hyped awesomesauce (like Diablo: Immortal) can be vastly different than what players think is worth their time.

17 Likes

I bet there will be more fantastic jokes, about owning phones.

9 Likes

I tend to skip every other Blizzcon, as the ones that don’t have a game/expansion announcement tend to be flaming garbage piles (like 2018, for instance).

3 Likes

I’d guess that they’d be announcing the new expansion at the next Blizzcon. That’s always a great reason for hype.

The real question is are they going to have a blizzcon this year from the one last years made

Possibly even Diablo 4, alongside it, judging by the rumors.

I’m sure there are many reasons why someone who is still connected to the company hosting such an event would make a statement like this. A lot of this has to do with the tenets of advertising.

actual Diablo x-pac or diablo 4.

likely more classic WoW news.

“we are sorry about the “do you have phones” comment at last blizzcon.”"

abotu all that it can be.
starcraft is dead (wasnt even mentioned on their roadmap post)

HotS was gutted.

HS is thriving so nothign new there.

OW is broken and we alreayd know their future plan of releasing heroes.

4 Likes

Well Blizzcon 2019 should unveil the next warcraft xpac and Diablo 4?

4 Likes

we wont get any releases this year, the quarterly call confirmed that, but i think this con they announce a bunch of stuff

1 Like