Blizzards won't answer tickets in Classic

You only need one problem with purchase tickets and boosts arent usualy refunded. Tickets ae averaging 10 days.

2 Likes

There is one CS team who handles tickets for all Blizzard games and services. There is no difference if it is Classic or Retail or Overwatch. Purchase issues would all go into the same Purchase problem queue.

The queue is over a week right now though :frowning:

4 Likes

They didn’t fire ANY support staff a year ago. The last time they laid any of the support staff off was back in 2012. They 800 they laid off a few years ago, in 2019, were not in support and were from offices they were closing mostly and extra people for positions that were merged into other positions.

5 Likes

If you’re going to try and be snide, at least get your facts straight. It wasn’t last year. It was 2019. It wasn’t 900, it was around 800. And it wasn’t people from Customer Support - it was support staff, i.e. secretaries and the like.

I’ll even be generous enough to provide the citation for that - with a snippet so you don’t even have to go searching in the Forbes article yourself.

7 Likes

what do you think customer support is? administrative-related AND nondevelopment…
oh 800, im so sorry not 900…
And so i got the time frame wrong, still doesnt change the fact that they got rid of real human intervention for automation.

Record revenues my butt

Most of those layoffs in 2019 were from the Activision side of things, not Blizzard, and not Customer Support. Last layoff that impacted Customer Support was back in 2012, as Vrakthris verified.

11 Likes

these memes gain a life of their own, and perpetuate like antivax conspiracy theories. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

i actually thought the tired old trolling about laying off support staff had been debunked so many times, that people had finally given up on spewing the same tripe.

good conspiracies never actually die, they just hibernate. :grin:

9 Likes

Secretaries and the like don’t answer tickets. They support departments, not the player base directly.

4 Likes

Blizzard does not have a lot of secretarial folks. The layoffs were not development, that is true. They were largely esports, marketing, publishing, some Community Managers, etc.

By law in California companies have to give the Government a list of all positions being laid off and a full count.

The PDF at the end of this article contains the legal submission to CA.

Of the 209 laid off at Blizzard less than 14 had a GM title.

You really need to check your numbers and facts on that one. The last layoff of CS staff was 2012 when 600 were let go. Many of those positions were filled again after Blizzard released more games. In 2012 all they had going was WoW and Starcraft. Later came D3, OW, Hearthstone, HotS, etc. All of which require account and Billing support.

EDIT - While I am sure if they had more trained folks to help during a surge, that would be great. Hiring people from 10 years ago is likely not going to help though.

9 Likes

The generalization is my fault, but trying to explain that it is supporting positions but not actual Customer Support/Service was failing me. Even then, it still didn’t work as my brain thought it should.

2 Likes

It is early, at least for me. I have days I can’t find the right word for something to save my life. No worries :slight_smile: I had the link for the actual PDF with the positions if anyone wants to dig through it. Heh.

The false idea that Blizzard laid off 800 people, or that they were CS is just frustrating. So easily proven wrong, but people don’t want to take the time to look. They just make up whatever suits their agenda.

7 Likes

Precisely. It’s just trying to grasp at straws to weaponize any little thing that usually has no bearing on the issue at hand.

And it’s early here as well…or late, I suppose. 8:30a, I should crash for a couple of hours so I’m not quite so delirious. (So delirious apparently, my fingers typed delicious. Good grief - bed for me.)

4 Likes

No At normal times ticket ques are about 24 hours. But with all the new stuff out the que times have went over the top and will come back down soon enough. To hire more would take a lot of time and money. Plus once they had them trained and ticket volume went back down they would no longer need them. Then what lay off people?

2 Likes

You have 3 tickets in, the oldest is 13 days.

At the moment, I’d expect you to hear something fairly soon. Our queues are significantly longer than normal right now.

I don’t know if they will grant this - but putting in a ticket immediately and not playing the character is exactly the right thing.

Do be aware - if they do reverse this, the original boosted character gets locked.

9 Likes

You’re telling me. I’m on 3 weeks, right now :pensive:

You are waiting on a ticket that you already received a response to, Estalayia.

I realize you don’t like the response, but it’s not going to change.

11 Likes

That ticket is closed (not by my doing). I’m not waiting on that one.

The open one I have is what I’m waiting on. Would be nice for this answer to be done a lot sooner than 3 weeks. But obviously it’s not something to discuss here, and I don’t want to talk about it, here.

I was just commenting on how long the wait times are. It’s amazing how quickly I got an answer here, compared to the ticket.

You got an answer on your last one. If you didn’t receive the response, I’d suggest checking your spam and junk folders because I see one sent.

That’s why the answer isn’t going to change.

5 Likes

And, I got an answer before the ticket, as to why something was done before a ticket was ever submitted.

Would love for this to be stated in the ticket instead of just leaving the other ticket open for over 3 weeks.

There’s something else going on besides what you’re saying but obviously these discussions can’t be had here. Hence, why I’ve been waiting, patiently, for the ticket, since that’s where it’s supposed to go/be.

Ticket 86124167 was submitted on 9/23.

It was answered on 10/3.

Any other communication you may have received - wasn’t as a response to that ticket directly.

5 Likes