Blizzard's Transparent Plan with SoD: Getting People Into Retail

It will be nice to take a break from World of Warriorcraft. Good to see rets getting some love.

Yeah hard pass, bud.

Asking for more no change server’s after 20+ years of this is unfair to us REAL fans.

In my honest opinion the no change crowd are hostages to thier nostalgia.

Actually I think they’re trying to keep people subbed. They don’t give 2 poops if its Classic SoD, Era or what

1 Like

All 3 of these things were already added to WOTLK Classic.

What is a “REAL fan”?

People can like what they like and still be “REAL fans”.

Legacy games are a massive business. That’s part of why classic exists in the first place.

Retail is there for people who want to just move forward and do not realize when something is good but want to just keep going with whatever the devs want next.

Why replace a 20-year-old car with a new flashy one when the old car drives fine and is still reliable? So many people lovingly restore old cars too. They know they like them, They know they don’t need to be changed to be good. That’s accepted by almost everyone.

With this, full of themselves people, like you, tell others that they are not allowed to like what they like, instead they have to like what you like.

Now as for Seasons, they were always going to have changes and I personally recognize that. This one isn’t resonating with me as I don’t play for stuff like changed class abilities. I really wanted to like it but I’m looking at it objectively from what it offers in comparison to what I truly enjoy about WoW and I’m going to try it but may not stay long. Have I been complaining a lot? No. I’ve mostly just stopped posting on the forums and am not excited and have been paying more attention to other not WoW things. That’s okay.

I do know I’ve been a 'REAL fan" even if the “burn it down and rebuild, adjust to change even if you know they will end up making the game so unfun that scrubbing toilets would be drastically more enjoyable, play it anyway ACCEPT ALL CHANGES, NO FUN ALLOWED EVEN IN VIDEO GAMES!!! NO FEEDBACK EVER EITHER. AFTER ALL THE DEVS ARE PERFECT!!!”, crowd thinks otherwise.

1 Like

No-one cares if they want to have their seasonal gameplay server with WOTLK->retail talents added as runes.

What annoys people is that they’re insinuating this is classic+ and spending the classic team’s resources to develop it, instead of additional classic content and thoughtful tweaks to era classic like classic players wanted.

In other words, if SoD was being developed IN ADDITION to classic most classic/era players would be perfectly happy, people have been playing on a bunch of pservers with random game-modes for ages. It’s because it’s being developed INSTEAD of era/classic content, with a design philosophy that clearly does not align with that of era WoW.

2 Likes

Thats just like… your opinion man.

I mean I don’t imagine you have your finger much on the pulse of the classic era community as a level 70 mag’har.

2 Likes

What would you like me to change MY avatar to?

Well since you’re deeply invested in the classic community and have your finger on the pulse of the community its weird you choose not to post on a classic era character on the classic forums.

1 Like

So because i choose to have an avatar that i like means i dont have a connection with the largest active hardcore guild on defias pillager? Got it.

Also… you are the same dude complaining about flat chested women and bowls of fruit.

You are an absolute joke on these forums, pal.

The anticipation is killing me.

Amen to that. It’s seriously mind blowing how different the people are and it affects the game so much.

These days:

• There seems to be a massive focus on gear score, everyone in chat will mention their GS like they’re going for a job interview. If you don’t have an good GS most people won’t respond to you.
  • Tanks (for lower level dungeons anyway) have absolutely zero consideration for the casters in their party, they run from mob to mob constantly without stopping to make sure the party is with them as if – for whatever reason – they just cannot handle seeing their rage bar go backwards. Back in the day going through the entirety of WC would take a good 1-2 hours I think, these days it takes one hour max because the tank rushes everyone through.
  • There seems to be a culture of rushing through everything. I often see things in chat like “LFM VOA QUICK 10 MAN” etc. This plays in with the gear score thing; it’s as if people just don’t have the time to take someone without the absolute best gear score because they can’t spare two minutes of their day because the boss took a bit longer to DPS down.
  • LFG chat is basically LFR just without the interface, people always ask to join raids in LFG chat.
  • Huge focus on min-maxing, like people can’t just play the game to have fun.

IMO the way the people in the game have changed reflects how people have changed in real life; people are just more selfish, inconsiderate and impatient these days, always hustling etc. It’s kind of crazy how many parallels can be drawn to real life. I don’t know why the game is like this, but I have a feeling it’s because a lot of players came from Retail (especially those annoying tanks I mentioned).

2 Likes

I am so confused by you with a focus on how nice and fun it was then divide people as era vs retail.

Hey just post on your era character, any of them.

Yet you come to the forums…

I’ll never understand people who do and then basically say “5 words are my max and I’m going to brag about my illiteracy/total laziness”.

I’ll post what I want to and use as many words as I want to. Thanks.

YOU want changes and you think classic games are the best place for that :roll_eyes: Because that’s logical.

I just think it’s a shame that THIS mentality is being catered to. Especially those who are extremely rude. Like you. Oh well.

3 Likes

I just dont care for walls of text like your response yet again.

To be honest its because i dont care about any view but mine.

1 Like

Nah. Now watch me move on.

Have a bad day.

This is obvious but thanks for admitting it.

I feel really bad for the people who have to deal with you irl.

1 Like