Blizzard's Transparent Plan with SoD: Getting People Into Retail

explain how wrath is retail.

1 Like

This idea has legs.

:leg: :mechanical_leg:

1 Like

This is already false, they changed many of the spell animations in era in the SoD update. It doesn’t remain untouched.

1 Like

Which spell animations?

Frostbolt
Immolate
Frost shock
Execute
Corruption

A bunch of core animations, I havent tried other classes or gone through all the abilities yet. There are many spells in era/hc using retail or Wotlk or whatever animations now. Frostbolt in particular looks terrible with a giant distracting starburst at the target that looks ugly.

Things don’t remain untouched, they can’t help themselves. Which is why people pushback when they make this stuff.

2 Likes

You understand that to keep era working on the retail client it requires slight changes yeah?

These are minor, I understand this may be a bigger deal to you, but it’s ultimately a nitpick and not really a core change to how Era plays. It’s likely just a thing they had to do to keep Era running while being stretched over the bones of the retail client.

If they wanted to force retail on people they would just remove classic Era as an option.

Changing core spell animations and the aesthetic of the game is not minor lol.

3 Likes

You would rather have more glitches and issues then from a lack of maintenance. That is what you are conveying here.

No you made a statement, I showed you are completely wrong, and now you are backpedaling and dissembling like a weasel.

2 Likes

All of these minor changes add up, making it not Classic anymore. Part of the charm of Classic is the lack of giant explosions and super huge flashes with spells. The Tauren hitbox is another example of breaking an unofficial, yet core, racial bonus.

You can say it’s “just a nitpick,” but the more minor changes that occur, suddenly Classic looks and plays majorly different.

5 Likes

You mentioned things that are minor aesthetic changes and do not effect core gameplay. these are your nitpicks.

I legit am not, you just aren’t willing to read into why these may have had to happen to keep the game you claim to play and enjoy in working order.

You only have vitriol. This is done. Keep screaming into the void about how much you love and enjoy stagnation. Be better.

Game still plays essentially the same. The tauren hit box should have been fixed in original WoW, not in a classic rehash. The spell effects are so minor, though I understand (as I said prior) that this is important to some people. The game still is not turning into retail.

To play the bones of era while stretched over the retail client requires some tweaking to prevent worse issues from happening. Trust me, if they start attempting to add clearly non-classic things to classic Era (like the did with same faction BG’s) I will be right there with you. I even posted my dislike for RDF in Era while still supporting it in the games it should be in.

Core spell animations are not a minor nitpick, its a major part of the game aesthetic. If you actually think so you are a dunce. But given that you made a statement and then immediately started dissembling when proven wrong, you’re probably just arguing in bad faith and have no actual principle. Either way you’re a waste of time.

3 Likes

You never wanted any form of discussion. Good day.

As soon as Wrath prepatch drops all toons go from grunts to unkillable super heroes who treat mobs like XP bowing pins.

1 Like

Are we not seriously over that by now? I can’t get one freaking character to trust level three, let alone splitting my posts between retail and non-retail characters. Blame that on the stupid MB rules.

Hehe that made me laugh

Gotta pick the Era one to be taken seriously :wink:

2 Likes

Or…here me out…

Instead of trying to get people into retail they may instead want to test purposed changes in a seasonal server before they launch a + server to figure out what sticks and what doesn’t

1 Like

I’ll choose my level 25 main here once SoD starts, so I can be the REAL REAL with my name on the MB’s. You know, level 60’s should have no legitimacy once SoD starts – for that matter, anyone level 26 and over. :wink:

/yawn

SoD is for us Classic fans that want to stay in Classic but are tired of the same ol’, same ol’.

Retail is dead and gone.

1 Like

Try again. How is wrath like retail?