Blizzards Population Gets Older yet they Make the story more PG?

Where are people getting their demographic data?

I’m not talking about age that isn’t that hard because the game came out 20 years ago it’s not difficult to surmise a good portion of the player base is likely 40-50 ish because they would have been 20 and 30 something’s with the launch .

(Plus I’m in that crowd and over the years through asking in guilds people on vast numbers were in that age group it’s been my experience that the under 25 crowd is rare in this game)

But the demographic of single nerdy basement dweller implications … where are you getting this data?

The overwhelming amount of people over the years I encountered are married have kids jobs home of their own etc.

I have no kids but in 18 years of this game was in two long relationships I own my own home have a stable job …

4 Likes

Theyre making it up

You mean that thing I commit to every mob in my path?

6 Likes

You have to think of the why, if you’re in a basment for 10 years never gone out of it and it’s your world but nature sets in you want that one thing on what you do.

I agree 100%, unfortunately its corporate world out there and only thing that matters is the profit.

1 Like

I don’t think the story is interesting, but I don’t need to see people getting butchered either. Also, in video games people usually remember characters over plot. WoW doesn’t need a story as good as Les Miserables, it just needs to be passable with a few high points each expac.

I think Blizz has laid the foundation for decent new villains in Dragonflight. What I want is a heroic protagonist. The leaders of each faction are laughable. The Aspects don’t do anything. Why are they even there? Alexstraza has heroic potential and she does nothing.

1 Like

Seems like this would be right up your alley… from your posts, you seem like a 12 year old. :smirk:

J/k J/k bustin your onions a little. :hugs:

2 Likes

They are stretching the story to fit a time line ,most wow expansions are two years but if they don’t have the content story ,it is a way to make it fit. They can condense it but there is only so much people can take and that leaves open . This way if something goes wrong they can fix it.

Who’s gonna tell em

7 Likes

Probably part of the problem with today’s society.

DF was advertised as a more down to earth story, which is fine. I see it as a calm before the storm because it was the same thing with Mist of Pandaria into Warlords of Draenor.

1 Like

Because we live in a new generation were everyone is offended easily and can’t wait to make a twitter post to become internet famous and ruin it for everyone else.

1 Like

I view this way, they can do so but the basic principle of life far out weights any transitions man can make. That is why Man as a whole survived so long,maybe they would see it or not ,but at least it there for them when needed.

It does strike as odd that they have been tailoring the game for an audience that is more likely than not playing Roblox.

2 Likes

War doesn’t always imply physical violence. So war-craft can simply mean creating wars out of anything you want. They always say that love is a battlefield, so they could make an expansion with no combat to it and have everyone battle for Mr. Darcy’s or Ms. Bennet’s affection and the name Warcraft would still be valid. Like some kind of dating simulator.

In what specific way? Examples?

The one that sticks out the most was purging a good number of the jokes.

3 Likes

Hmm,never thought that view,but interesting point.

You act like there hasn’t been an active war going on with the Primalists this entire expansion. The conflict hasn’t gone away, they’ve just added more chacter motive/focus behind things, and suddenly people are crying about having to deal with feelings in a realistic manner.

2 Likes

I’m not sure why so many people use “Game of Thrones” as a benchmark for good writing and story. It’s actually medicore writing heavily laden with sex, gore and violence for shock value.

It’s of course certainly okay if you enjoy that sort of thing, but really, there are much better examples of classy, high brow, thought provoking, and yes, even “dark” fantasy than George R.R. Martin’s “let’s just cram as much disturbing stuff in as possible so people feel things” type writing.

1 Like