Blizzards new LFG UI is just the Mythic+ tool

I agree with your post about this being an out of season April’s fools joke…sweet keep adding literal retail features over actual wrath features LOL.

So all the anti lfg’ers who tell us to go to retail…isn’t it actually reversed? Like they are getting retail features put into the game?

6 Likes

Boosting is getting busted. See the blue post about it.

Can’t wait til people realize this tool is just as anti-social as rdf.

Click button, get group.

2 Likes

To clarify, it’s click button and hope you meet whatever expectations the group leader has about your ilvl, gear score, class, spec, and/or achievements to get the group.

7 Likes

Btw in the community council thread that had the lvl 10 that was shilling for the new tool got their post flagged for spam/ trolling or whatever LOL. First time I seen a cc post get flagged and I found it hilarious.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure they were flagged because the second sentence of their post was asking for the ability to auto filter based on things like ilvl, gear score, class, spec, and/or achievement. They wanted the ability to gatekeep automatically.

1 Like

Ah I see, I do admit I skimmed thru it pretty quickly but the part I found funny was that non cc members could even flag a cc post. I had no idea it was a thing.

This actually kind of makes sense. One of the biggest problems with the old LFG tool was that no one used it. Like, no one used it because it was a clunky unintuitive mess, but if there had been a critical mass of people that started using it - it would have caught on and been … slightly less useless.

This is definitely less clunky, but in order for it to actually work and be of any use - people need to use it. So forcing them to list themselves or their group to be able to talk in LFG chat isn’t actually the worst idea they’ve had under these circumstances.

“Meet me at the Dalaran fountain for a GearScore check” is going to do more to nail people to sitting in the city between dungeons than anything else.

Where are they saying that they’ll do anything about LFG chat?

No joke im already assuming i will be going back to them.

And I am fine with it

most of the CC posts are basically spam tbh

1 Like

I can’t wait to use this tool and see the same thing I saw in retail.

“denied”
“denied”
“denied”
“denied”
“denied”

-whisper: R U Boomy?
-reply: Feral

“denied”

15 Likes

Tbf 99% of denies are because there is 400 dps signed up and the group filled

1 Like

When you have to link your gear score to get an invite, only the best geared will ever get into groups. And you better be playing a meta spec or no invite. And 100 other ways players will gatekeep.

So get geared crazy fast and play the right spec. That’s how you’ll get into dungeons. If not…try to run with guildies if enough happen to be around and willing. Which dungeon finder wouldn’t have impacted since obviously you’re free to make parties and do dungeons with whomever.

2 Likes

It will be a valid strategy to ninja loot everything in sight in the first few weeks and name change or server transfer. I think it’s funny that behaving badly will be a leg up in the coming future.

2 Likes

Well that seals it for me. I have one level 70 that I’ll get to 80. When I get bored, I’ll be done. No more leveling new characters to play through Wrath.

I definitely flagged Samfoxy for trolling

1 Like

That is EXACTLY why I flagged it

So let me get this straight. They took away RDF under the guise of “mah community” and being social. They give us this retail thing, and restrict us to use it because they know we wouldn’t. On top of that. It is just as anti-social as RDF supposedly is.

Am I understanding this correctly?

14 Likes