Blizzards new LFG UI is just the Mythic+ tool

Well, seems ‘odd’, and clearly I don’t read the nonsense there enough because it really just seems to be a council of yes-men.

1 Like

Maybe Brian Birmingham doesn’t want us to see his main? :thinking:

Female night elf for sure, probably a priest.

It’s definitely a troll of some sort. Maybe a mage since he’s quite adept at making his own illusions.

I’m out of likes for today.

1 Like

Wow… I didn’t even pick up on this with my first read. This is absolute bonkers. Stifle gameplay? WTH

1 Like

There needs to be a way to easily distinguish, at a glance, from normal groups and heroic groups.

Not only that, but since you’re joining a group in the traditional sense you’d have to wonder if master loot will be in play as well.

have fun taking 10x as long to level as everyone else while you do that! I’m sure the gdkp’s will be ready for you by then.

How stupid can Blizzard be we want LFD.

6 Likes

I’m pretty disappointed.

This kind of Group Finder UI is something that should have already been in Classic from the start. Not shoved into Wrath as a “replacement” for the RDF tool.

3 Likes

“We’re aiming for this Group Finding UI to be a one-stop shop for all your group-finding needs. To that end, we’re reviving an old rule from the original Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King: sending messages in the Looking for Group chat channel will require being listed in the UI.”

Excuse me, WHAT?

doesn’t have ilvl

gearscore will be a thing tho

Trade chats gonna be so full of booster spam now, since without dungeon finder boosting will still be a thing but they can’t use lfg chat to advertise it as easily. They’ll just sit in a major city first then travel there after they find buyers, or use an alt to advertise and invite on the mage itself.

1 Like

The tooltip shown is for a group. They didn’t show the tooltip for the single players in that list. Also, all tooltips are moddable so this won’t last long if it isn’t in there.

Nah. Since you don’t have to accept any applicants for a group posting. You can create a group announcement (with no intention of filling) and just spam LFG like normal. I didn’t see a timer there so I’d assume a group can be posted for any amount of time.

Won’t lie, I hate that UI. Just. Ugh.

1 Like

So youre hosting bridge gdkps now

So basically, they did what I had assumed they would do to improve the TBC dungeon finder (instead they just shipped that one with no noticeable changes)…

But they are still removing the random dungeon finder, which had features that are not captured by this tool, like giving low population realms and lower level players a larger pool of players to group with to do dungeons.

And adding in more room for toxicity, as now your group can flat out deny you for any number of stupid reasons, where the RDF groups usually stuck together until people started playing badly before a kick.

The cross realm aspect to the RDF was a net positive, just like it was for battlegrounds queueing.

There’s no improvement in making your own group vs having the game do it for you. You don’t see players demanding BG queues getting replaced with a manual grouping system like this.

And why? It’s not fun to have added barriers to grouping with people in a MMO game.

So… Thanks Blizz, now add the RDF as well, because this isn’t an acceptable replacement for it.

1 Like

Have you noticed that this thread has 200+ replies and precisely zero of them are from Zipzo? :thinking:

I noticed.

( seriously, I scrolled through the entire thread handing out hearts )

2 Likes

Don’t worry, like another big thread, this’ll get CM’d out of existence soon.