Blizzard's lack of customer support

Again, I wouldn’t have any idea, Mathaius. Bugs do not come with a print out that says “This will take X amount of time to investigate, develop a resolution, test and implement”. It depends on how complex the issue is. It could be a few hours, it could be a few days or longer. Hopefully, a resolution is found quickly.

I understand the frustration, I absolutely do, but that doesn’t give me insight into a timeline here.

So it doesn’t happen immediately? That is strange. I would definitely post in the Technical Support forum with what details you can. Maybe one of the tech folks will have some ideas.

6 Likes

I’d try seeing if you have any GPU updates, and/or computer updates. You might also fiddle with your ingame graphics, turning settings down, may allow them to show up.

1 Like

I have turned all my settings to low - still happens. I have updated all my drivers and devices to their latest updates (and went through each one and made sure). Still happens. lol. :exploding_head:

1 Like

the ever growing do nots and must do’s player made and dev made and the endless rules that are added to the point you would need 10 lawyers to look through the over automated systems im surprised any help is given at all.

1 Like

If you’re so disgruntled then there are plenty of other games you can look to. Otherwise they’re doing the best they can with what they have. Hyperbole has no place here and your comment serves no purpose. If you have a suggestion or feedback you wish to provide, take it to the General Discussion forums or make use of the in game tool. Otherwise you’re just going to get flagged down and possibly deleted in time.

5 Likes

Hey. Vrak. Customer Support dude. I found the problem! When you play the toy item [Fae Pipes] it stops the characters casting animations from working and makes it buggy. The item was recently unavailable because the chest you get it in was bugged so might be a link somewhere. Which is why probably not a lot of people have complained recently about it because the toy hasn’t been available until a few days ago. :wink: But all good. Tell your Blizzard people.

edit: tested multiple times. This is the bug. I used the pipes every now and then for fun which is why I didn’t think anything of it till I caught on to the pattern.

A Blizzard issue.

10 Likes

You’re telling me after reporting this bug about your application, that you’re somehow going to fix the problem? I’ve reported many bugs before. None of them issued a response nor acknowledgement of anyone fixing the initial issues. I would never resolve MY issue by reporting it as a bug, only your issue of your game producing the bug. I’m not here to solve the bugs your game produces, it’s your game that should be fixed. It’s not the responsibility of your consumer to fix what you advertise, if what you’re advertising is broken. You should’ve noticed the problem from your internal team, and compensate your consumers for time and effort lost by MANY consumers. If you read your ratings of the app on iOS, you can clearly see I’m not the only one with this problem.

Instead, you’re putting the responsibility of the problem, that is caused by Blizzard, onto the consumer (asking your players to report bugs). If you buy a defected computer and return it, you won’t be asked to identify the defect to the maintenance team. It’s the maintenance team’s job to identify why the product is being returned as defective. Customers return the item purchased and get compensated by refunding the money. That’s exactly how customer service works. It’s not your consumer’s job to identify why your product doesn’t work, that’s your (Blizzard’s) job.

Also, saying “I’m not sure if there is anything we could do since this really is something that should be reported as a bug” solves nothing. Unless you’re proposing that the rewards given would be compensated after submitting a bug report, which you have not stated.

The issue at hand,
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/61982
Blizzard’s solution is exactly what the first guy said

I’ll even make a bug report for this, hoping you’d actually try to solve my problem.

Nope, clearly it’s not just me.
https://www.google.com/search?q=blizzard+reviews&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS894US894&oq=blizzard+reviews&aqs=chrome..69i57j0j0i22i30l6.7248j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

" Blizzard has a consumer rating of 2.67 stars from 83 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Blizzard most frequently mention customer service"

1 Like

I like this guy.

2 Likes

I’m thinking it might be time to lock this thread.

5 Likes

Awesome, Norssina! I’ll see about passing it on but please be sure to submit a bug report on it so our QA team can take a look if you haven’t already.

3 Likes

Yes, I’m saying that reporting a bug is the best way to get it resolved. Bugs tend to have priorities and a lot depends on if it can be verified and reproduced, but the goal is to eliminate what bugs we can. No, you likely won’t receive a direct response. Our QA folk work on investigating bug reports, not responding directly to various reports. In most cases bug fixes will go into patch notes or posts like the Hotfix Blog.

The two aren’t really comparable, video games aren’t static. They can have all kinds of issues that require adjustments after release. More so when you have a game as expansive as this one. Our EULA covers what to expect.

Well yes, video games, especially MMORPG’s like World of Warcraft are a community effort. The various creative and development teams create the game, but it is our playerbase that provides feedback on what they like, what they don’t. How they think something should work differently or what they’d like to see implemented. It is a collaborative effort and though our devs ultimately determine what content is in the game, it isn’t created in a vacuum.

The same with how the game runs. While our QA team tests the various systems and content, we have alphas and betas to test how everything is working, it can be an entirely different picture once everything goes live. Hundreds of thousands of people actively going through the content instead of several hundred or thousand. These systems interacting with the live systems instead of closed system like you would in the testing environment.

The playerbase is very much part of that process. When we go live and things happen, we look to the reports that folks make to get those issues addressed as quickly as we can.

If you feel that reporting a possible bug isn’t something that you should do, you are in no way being being forced too.

If you feel you should be given a refund for the game, feel free to submit a refund request and it will be reviewed.

No, I’m proposing that reporting a bug provides data for our QA team to look into and may lead to the issue being resolved. Then, going forward, it will work the way it was originally intended.

I don’t think this is going to be any more productive so I’m going to keep it closed.

9 Likes