"Blizzards 30 MILLION Gold AH Mount | The BIG Mistake" - Studen Albatroz

Hi,
today im here to discuss this recent youtube video about the elusive Reins of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur :-

This mount is of great use because of its handy auction house NPC and is one of the most important asset to have as a gold maker or even just as a player to buy consumables during your raid or dungeon or listing up your BoE’s or gathering materials while farming, the utility of this mount is just amazing

He states that back in BFA collecting 5m gold to get this mount could be equated to grinding out mounts like ashes or alar or invincible reins for the time that it can take for these mounts to drop and that its price was fair for the utility it gives.

Some speculations as to why this mount was removed are :-

• It was too powerful a mount to have because if AH became more available in main cities
    of the current expansion no one would visit cities like Stormwind/Orgrimmar etc.

• It would enable bots to easily undercut other players.

• it was too expensive a mount to have in-game.

After its removal the mount was added to the rotation of the rare items that appear in the BMAH it was recently seen on the EU realm of Hyjal on March 10th of this year before which it was not seen over 6 months (which was apparently a bug and said to be fixed on March 10th which is the day it was last seen).

Since its last appearance on 10th March its not been seen on any Regions EU/US BMAH.

Some of the problems he mentions on getting the mount through the BMAH are :-

• It Rarely spawns in any regions BMAH by rarely I means once in 6 months at this point
    even if it did show on on your region we don’t know the odds of it showing up on your
    specific realm.

• In the extremely unlikely chance of it showing up on your realm’s BMAH the average
    player will have absolutely 0 chance to even Bid on this mount as players with multiple
    gold cap who are camping this mount on not only on a single realm but in fact multiple
    realms will instantly gold the mount.

• He also mentions communities that deal with trading services which provide you with
    gold swaps incase the mount appears in your region but you don’t have gold on the
    realm for that mount they will notify you of the mount and give u instant gold cap on that
    realm while taking a fee for the gold cap provided on that realm the fee being a
    Whopping 20 million gold on top of the 10 million needed to gold cap the mount,
    which by no means is a reasonable amount for any casual player such as myself, so you’ll
    be battling these services as they are battling among themselves to gold cap it before
    one and another rendering your chance to bid as nil.

Suggestions to fix this disparity :-

• Bring back the mount to its original vendor for the same price or more

• Give a reskin of the mount so that the players who previously obtained don’t feel as bad
    about it cause they will still have a unique appearance and the prestige of owning the
    original unobtainable mount.

• Increase its chance of appearing on each realms BMAH.

• Give the player base a completely new AH mount through a vendor or some meta
    achievement or a rare drop chance from a rare mob etc.

• He also mentions an idea of adding attachments that u can buy off a vendor for eg a AH
    attachment for 5m gold or more or a mailbox attachment for a similar price which can be
    attached to any mount that u own.

This is a link to another post i made before explaining my predicament and why i wasnt able to ge the mount back in bfa - Reins of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur - #27

I know these posts are long but i really wish the readers here to understand the situation not all players but many are in trying to achieve their goals in game, i really hope this cry for help doesn’t go unnoticed and that someone from the dev team can do something about this problem.

Thanks you.

4 Likes

I’d like to see them make a Vicious War Brutosaur.

That’d also probably be reasonable. I thought that their initial reasoning was that they didn’t want it to be devalued, but that only happens with inflation, which has mostly been kept in check.

1 Like

I mean it sucks that they removed it but I highly doubt they’ll bring it back.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting a well thought out response and not just a video! It always makes threads more communicative and well reasoned. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So players back in BfA weren’t able to spend 5 million gold but yet will pay gold cap for it off the BMAH??? Or it by the OP 30 million potentially???

2 Likes

I personally have no ill will on it being removed from the game i just wish to be able to bid on the mount on the BMAH

Didn’t they accidentally neglect to even put it on the bmah? I haven’t seen it yet.

1 Like

Thats not even true. I played on a full server in bfa and the tiger mount appeared for the first time in one full year and I had over an hour to bid on it as people didnt instantly buy it. It went for goldcap but it was more like 5m then 6m then 8m then goldcap in more than an hour. And that mount was and still is more wanted by people having gold, which in fact are m+ and pvp boosters.

1 Like

Im very new to the forums so i try my best as i want my thoughts to be read by the active players in the forums thank you for your appreciation

Not to be the negative nancy here but sorry… it was “advertised as time limited”.

So all you FOMO elite pvp sets and mounts and what not missed the boat. Gold making in SL is nothing like gold making in BFA.

Just kidding I think FOMO rewards are awful in their entirety … but we can’t have our cake and eat it to.

We should treat it consistently if that is the plan.

3 Likes

The mount did appear on march 10th of this year on the EU realm Hyjal and before that it was seen 6 months ago