Blizzard you're doing fine. There's nothing wrong with loot

Not really. If anything badges were an incentive to continue the grind, they helped people progress instead of running the same dungeon 40+ times for 1 item. RNG is fine, masochism is not.

There are ways they could implement the badge system to make it better, methods to stop dungeon spamming of specific dungeons (dungeon locks are already a thing).

Make the badge gear 171 ilvl, and leave the mythic system as it is, would only be a good thing. No idea why you can’t see that. Oh, and before you chime in with your inevitable counter argument:

Just another expose post. You talk so much about how good it is to work hard for your gear, but you’re a dad of 3 with 2 jobs who gets carried by his guild apparently.

So what is it? You work hard, or you get spoonfed by your guild?

As said in another thread, there’s serious doubt you even have a 195 ilvl character with the amount of activity you’ve had within the forums instead of playing the game.

You can drop the act now :slight_smile:

1 Like

That dude posts on his alt, has spent more time sucking Blizzard’s nuts on the forums since SL release than taking care of his three kids and two jobs… really makes you wonder how much of what he’s been spewing out is true.

2 Likes

You do realize you are 190+ item level right? I fail to see how this loot system is so broken when you’re so incredibly geared right now.

just posted a ticket, 4 normal boss 2 mythic+2 completed and 0 loot.

Why do people automatically assume it’s ‘just’ kids that are doing all the complaining here?

This sounds really silly but the raid was tuned much higher this time than in BFA or Legion and as a result it actually felt like I accomplished something to 10/10 it this week. I didn’t feel that when I breezed through normal in BFA and Legion and clearer heroic week 2

i did 4 normal bosses and 2 mythic+2 with 0 loot. GM replied me saying that this is the new loot system, and he himself got nothing out of 11 mythic+ runs. I replied him " Then why am I playing?"

2 Likes

I get the fact they want gear progression to be slower, but at the same time it cannot be so slow that people eventually conclude that the time investment isn’t worth the effort.

It’s almost like they want to re-capture certain Vanilla like aspects and put that into the modern game, but I don’t think slower gear progression is one. The game is very different, content is already gated and there is multiple layers of difficulty to end-game content that didn’t exist back then.

The end of dungeon loot item levels were reduced in Mythic+ to account for the fact its repeatable and by extension means that the stepping stone to getting better loot is Heroic and Mythic raids, which as a raider I like.

We’ve reached a point with Mythic+ that its often better if you wipe or incur any unnecessary deaths that its better to disband and re-run the key 1 level below than it is to continue to key. The item level difference is super minor and the time investment is better to get 2 pieces rather than the 1 for untimed. This type of behavior leads to a very toxic PuG environment IMO.

What people fail to realize…
Mythic+ loot tables are not set in stone.

They will be adjusted as the expansion ages.
Blizzard just doesn’t want people gearing easily from spamming mythic+ and with good reason

Legion had better direction and purpose. We knew why were were doing what we were doing.

Slands story and setting is kind of convoluted, imo. Collecting bear azzes in the death realms!

This is the most fanboy topic ever. Loooool! Hope your kneepads dont get worn out when you keep kneeling while blizzard unzips his pants.

Loots are horrible right now. Avg of 2 items on every 10 timed mythic runs and sometimes it isnt even an upgrade.

1 weekly reward for doing all the end game stuffs. Like really??? Do 1full raid + 10 mythic + rank pvp to get 1 loot? Holy greed!!

Class balance is miles away from each other.

Old content scaling is bugged but blizz wont acknowledge it?

How is this blizzard doing a great job lol

1 Like

What you’re asking for is a game that doesn’t have gear and is just difficult… like a side scroller.

This is an RPG. If I hit a wall, I should not only be able to outskill it and do it early, but I should also be able to outgear it.

1 Like

I’m sorry but not all of us are loot minded, some of us enjoy the game enough to not get full BiS in the first 3 weeks of a new expansion.

sockets make me act like Gollum

Thats the thing, not all but majority of the people who are goal oriented in this game likes progression. We always want our character to have a sense of progression that in everything we do, we get stronger, we get better. Thats the whole thing about MMO. If I wanna play a game wherein i just wanna play without any goals or doesnt want to accomplish anything then id rather play some single player sandbox game

Someone’s lucky and see’s no problem with loot. Players hate you.

1 Like

Lol loot is trash. They need to fix it. Loot just does not drop and when it does it’s for a slot you DONT need . Lfr loot? Trash. Mythic? Trash. Heroics? Super trash. Took me over 30 heroic runs just to find 1 piece of gear. The “great vault” is trash. Thanks for the useless cape I’ll never use. I mean dang when loot does finally drop it’s always for a slot you don’t need. Always a downgrade. Very annoying can’t ever progress if loot DOESNT DROP…

I actually think they are giving WAY too much loot, specially to heroic and mythic raiders who should be raiding for the challenge of it, not for loot. Other things that shouldn’t give any sort of loot other than the reward of the challenge is PVP.

People depend way too much on “upgrades” and “item level” and those are crutches, real pros can defeat anything with actual skill and hard work.