Blizzard you're doing fine. There's nothing wrong with loot

Titanforging and Warforging and all of the randomness called for a lot more loot drops to get what you actually wanted. The fact is you can’t have that many drops if everything is a perfect roll for you. People aren’t used to it yet. This will happen with any big change. Long term, this is good. We don’t like titanforging and warforging and all of the randomness that came with that and we never want to see it again.

That being said having more sockets built into gear would be nice. For example, chest pieces that just have 3 sockets on them would breath new life into jewelcrafting. JCs depend on people getting gear that has sockets.

Even if the best way to gem is to always add your primary stat that’s good because it gives JCs a lot of work to do for players.

96 Likes

This is what people don’t understand, kids on the forum who complain about lack of loot don’t know how rewarding it feels to actually earn something with hard work.

37 Likes

Agreed. Nothing wrong with not being full BIS right away

Sockets are also such a small DPS gain that it doesn’t really matter if they are or aren’t socketed.

12 Likes

We are in a new time and games like fortnite with instant gratification are what kids are into these days. Our breed of MMO gaming is dying. Then those kids come here and expect to get handed phat loots constantly and it’s no where near the case.

17 Likes

If you’re in a guild that could only kill 2 of the easiest (in this raid) normal bosses this week, progression is going to be slow at 2-3 drops per boss. Just from a casual guild perspective.

Also, I’m a bit miffed there’s always a “loot” issue at the beginning of the last few expansions that rewards players doing the content earlier in the week.

1 Like

What loot?

13 Likes

I do miss gems/enchants of old.

2 Likes

Early bird gets the worm and all that.

That’s mostly tongue-in-cheek and not meant to diminish your complaint.

3 Likes

This is a false dichotomy. There are more choices than titanforging and the bad drop rate we have now.

14 Likes

Disagree. The amount of drops is not good. If I didnt pvp for my weapons I would have still had questing weapons.

15 Likes

Earning something with hard work feels bittersweet at best when the exact same amount of work gets you nothing the entire rest of the time.

9 Likes

I don’t see the problem. You’re upset because you had to do a few BGs? That’s basically free.

3 Likes

This is how the system is intended to work, quest weapons won’t be good for end game content.

1 Like

Yes. this is how life works in general regardless of WoW or not, i’m confused as to how this is a problem.

1 Like

I don’t feel any more rewarded with less loot drops than I did before. Before when we had less loot drops we had PVE currency to compesate for that. Wouldn’t feel bad if we were getting valor/justice points for our “hard work” which eventually could be used to purchase some loot. This is why it didn’t feel bad finishing a raid and not getting any loot years ago.

Now it feels bad to finish difficult content and get a handful of gold or 35 anima for your time.

16 Likes

I don’t get these white knight fan boys… This is terrible and will push people away. I just did 5 mythics and got 1 ring. That is called a waste of my time…

23 Likes

This seems like a misrepresentation, the content to me isn’t difficult at all and I was 190 iLevel very quickly once M+/Raids/Rated dropped this wekk. Maybe you should figure out how to optimize your time better and the gear will feel more rewarding.

I play wow because real life sucks. Why should WoW also suck for the same reasons?

13 Likes

That’s not a terrible idea. Being able to purchase sockets with valor points earned from raids would be pretty cool imo. Or use them to upgrade gear. OOooo that would be cool. Justice points gets them to maybe rank 3 and valor gets them to a rank 5 max or something.

I dont mind, personally as I like to pvp. I could see it being a problem for others.