Blizzard you're doing fine. There's nothing wrong with loot

My suggestion would be to take WoD’s Valor points system, take LFR out of the equation and move it to normal, heroic and mythics. (5 badges per boss, 10 badges per boss, 20 badges per boss) to encourage raiding above LFR, first random heroic dungeon per day (100), have world quests reward 1-5 badges and have it be capped to 100 (so if you get to this limit, no world quests with badges will appear until next week.), no daily quests will reward badges, and completing a mythic+ on time will reward you 2 badges times whatever the number it was on, so if it’s a Mythic 5+, that will give you 10 badges. And make the gear cost 1500 minimum to 3000 max.

And their will be a system where it automatically adjust the reward amounts depending on what is popular and what is least popular. So one day, Heroic dungeons will 100x, the next day will be 50x, because everybody is doing them, meanwhile the raids, 5x, 10x, 20x, will be buffed to 10x, 20x, 40x. And there will be weeks every 6 weeks where the costs are lowered by 25%.

The point of this suggestion is to ensure players work hard to get the gear they need while force pacing to where you won’t get gear as quickly, but not terribly slowly either. To build enough determination and patience without it relying it on luck. Much like Gold.

Why do you keep defaulting to “i want loot” as if trying to excuse it as such?

I’ve made it clear multiple times that i want a clearer progress on loot, and not just luck. As i said before, relying on luck isn’t hard work (well hard work relative in a game).

“I have good luck, so it’s not a problem!”

Well, i think islands are fun imo because i got Squawks out of it. So does that mean it’s suddenly a good feature and it’s just a player problem if they have a problem with it? :confused: /s

Sarcasm aside, i do like islands, but i’m just because i like something, doesn’t mean it’s a great system because i think of that.

The bad players are a player problem, 1 piece of gear in 10 dungeons is a loot problem.

Sorry but this is also a player problem, I managed to get 196 iLevel pretty easily this week.

yeah sure it’s a player problem, because obviously the player controls the RNG and the loot drops, right?

1 Like

Not sure I buy the “too much loot is bad” to start with, but I will say that every player wants to become stronger as they play, and these increases in power need to come in a timely fashion, or it gets frustrating.

I can’t really comment on PvP, or mythic and raid gearing, as I don’t do either, but I can say gear drops are very broken in just about every other aspect of this game. It’s way too slow for casual players, and I expect that if this isn’t already a major problem for the game, it very soon will be.

The vault is simply a freebie chance at loot with no guarantee that it’s items that you can use or that are upgrades. For example, nothing stops the vault from awarding you 3 different helms and that very well could be your legendary slot.

That doesn’t immediately make it a player problem.

Lets look at some math from my Mythic+ experience this week:

Weekly Keystones 39
Time Per Keystone 25 minutes (average)
Time Spent in Keystones 975 minutes or ~16 hours
Loot Acquired From Keystones 6 items
Avg Time Between Loot 162.5 minutes or ~2.7 hours
Avg Dungeons Betwen Loot 6.5 dungeons

That’s clearly not a player problem, its not like I wasn’t trying and it isn’t like I wasn’t doing content that wouldn’t drop loot for me either; I just ended up getting the bad end of the stick when it came to loot.

Just because you ended up 196 item level proves nothing.

1 Like

There’s a lot of people I know that have reached past 190 Ilevel and many others in the lower and mid 180s and yet none of them complain as much as GD, I just feel like people expect too much 3 weeks in.

If you don’t raid, do mythic dungeons or PVP, meaning if all you do are world quests and normal dungeons, what do you need high level gear for? Just to be able to fill world quest bars faster?

I fully understand that and I agree that some likely do; however there is merit in giving a bit of empathy and compassion because I think some of the loot frustration is warranted and dismissing it as a player problem is wrong without all the facts.

Yes, it’s 3 weeks into the expansion.
Yes, it’s the first week of M+.

With M+ being something you can repeat, you would think after 40 keystones, you would have at the very least rid yourself of all your Heroic blues from week 1 or 2, no?

That’s why there’s a Vault, I don’t see the problem with just waiting for upgrades instead of expecting loot BfA style.

There is merit to both sides. I was perfectly fine with Titanforging because I didn’t kill my sanity by running dungeons endlessly for 1 percent upgrades on content where it was irrelevant.

You’re a damn hero Tupac

It’s not a question about high level gear, its a question about power and gear progression. That exists even for the casual players who do world quests whether you like it or not.

Funny enough, that’s what the streets say as well.

1 Like

eh, i’m as casual as they come but fine, whatever. But if you’re casual why are you in a hurry to get gear? Eventually RNG will favour you.

I haven’t seen people complain about “not being full BiS right away”, I’ve seen them complain about not getting a single drop after multiple dungeon runs and raid bosses. They should have added a PvE vendor to help those with terrible luck.

Blizzard wants to make player time less rewarding than ever before. And for some reason, people like this OP want to praise them for It. I think It’s just to kneel at the feet.

1 Like

I don’t like that they changed so the only way you should bother to do M+ is if you can guarantee you’ll get it cleared before time expires or you get nothing on your weekly chest because completing an M+ only gives one item to one person in the group.

I spam dungeons because I can control the loot table options that drops, which by very definition means I have a higher chance at getting the item I need rather than waiting for the Vault to present me with 3 items that I may very well not need or can’t use.

The vault is nothing more than a glorified bonus roll across all M+ dungeon loot tables with no guarantee of giving you anything you need or can use.

That’s why.

This is not how the system works at all.