Blizzard you have a huge botting problem in your game, and not just farmers

Here is a video of a bot in a high mmr2400 solo shuffle, they are still active to this moment with a ton of alts they do the same thing on. How is this allowed to plague your game? Stop focusing on SoD and like… do something for your the consumers of your product, please.
RAMPANT CHEATING INSANE BOTS (youtube.com)

20 Likes

Just wow… What has happened to this game, it’s getting worse and it seems blizzard doesn’t do a damn thing…

12 Likes

More subs. I don’t think they care. Pretty sure they don’t even pay attention to the forums anymore. Maybe you should make a direct ticket.

3 Likes

Normally I don’t click on youtube links but this is very fascinating to watch.

I shared this in the Skynet channel in my discord lol (that’s the channel for all discussions AI / bots / robots).

5 Likes

that sucks. hope they can ban all botters.

6 Likes

I don’t usually watch videos that claim to be demonstrating something, but with this one it’s really clear what is happening.

2 Likes

and yet no blue response with robots running amok in your competative scene

so disheartening

4 Likes

Is there any hard proof? Or is this another video just from the observer side?

You reported them like you should right? right?

4 Likes

inb4 negationists “bot-unbeliever” people coming to say that bots/cheats don’t exist and that it’s all a “skill issue” or that we’re crazy

3 Likes

They should just stick all the botting accounts on their own server.

:rofl:

2 Likes

Why would they let bot creators know they are aware of them and working on a fix before hitting them with a mass ban wave? Kind of negates the point.

Or do you think bot creators don’t keep an eye on the forums?

3 Likes

The problem has gotten quite out of control, yepp. Even on RP servers (in my case in the EU), one is not safe from it. Sometimes, you get the feeling that there are more bots than actual players left in WoW. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I remember when players use to actually be friend cheaters and then record them admitting to cheating or even get screen grabs of them cheating. Like actual reporting…now all it could be is a child trolling and laughing there but off that you think they are a bot.

the cheating/botting problem is out of hand at this point, if you watch the video they explains that if you download a global tracker it is very obvious when someone is botting

and let me tell you, it happens a lot in medium-high mmr. I’m only like 1700 in 2s and 3s and 1900 in solo shuffle and I see this stuff all the time. Instant kicks on casts before you can even recognize the cast bar on your own side. Instant reacts to a CD you have been holding. Instant Ring of Peace into smokebombs and darkness, before the damn smoke or dark animation can finish.

Like, wow is kinda a messy product for anyone wanting to do competitive pvp for fun. I know PVP is a joke and messy, but at least I want to play and lose against another human being. Not a damn robot turned to “PERFECT INHUMANE REACTION” difficulty.

2 Likes

Skynet has been around since like BfA it’s a major reason why the arena scene has dried up. It doesn’t end there though. There is also plenty of rotation bots running M+ 20 keys and you’d never know because to you theyd just come off as a really good player

1 Like

To address several earlier responses:

• Blizzard understands (or at least they should) that allowing bots in their game compromises the integrity of the game, despite the short-term gain they acquire from subscriptions and product purchases from those bot accounts.
  • Blizzard understands (or at least they should) that compromising the integrity of their game makes the game less desirable for the vast majority of subscription payers (real people). Allowing bots diminishes the value real people can get out of the game.
  • Combating bots is either incredibly easy, or incredibly difficult. A part of me wonders if all the folks who complain on reddit about “mass report tool was abused to ban me” are actually botters in disguise trying to diminish the value of automated tools designed to combat botting.
  • Blizzard just went through a ton of layoffs, many of which where positions that would’ve likely been responsible for monitoring and/or removing bots. The return on investment for combatting bots might be difficult for short-sighted execs to determine or find value in.
  • If/when bots are ever able to hook up to ChatGPT’s AI, they could even introduce “human-like” behaviors and chat responses into their gameplay. So it’ll be that much more difficult to detect botting.
  • The final solution to combatting botting might be to disable all addons and macros, which has its own list of repercussions (good and bad).
3 Likes

watch the video and see, there is hard proof

1 Like

If the bots were anymore bot like, there would be someone demanding my clothes, my boots and my motorcycle.

Very obvious robots.

1 Like

Or someone trolling and laughing like crazy. It could be a bot or a troll. Can you disprove it is a troll?