Blizzard "would like to do" 2H Frost

we got a profession wow player here guys watch out!

2 Likes

Don’t see what makes raiders or dungeoneers anymore legitimate. You play how you like to play. I play how I like to play. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

So why would balancing frost have an impact on anything other than frost? I don’t see your logic there.

4 Likes

Behind what exactly? 2h? Warrior? Mage? Shaman? Unholy? Just buffing something or nerfing it does not equate to it being a 2h vs DW thing and that is why I said provide logs. There are other specs and classes in the game that they try to keep within 5% of each other with there being outliers that are either ahead or behind.

The sims and logs from each of those expansions shows DW being ahead.

Since you don’t know how your own class works, I’ll educate you one last time. Obliterate, even now, scales off of weapon speed. The slower your weapon, the harder it hits. We have one handers that are very fast. These do not weigh heavily into how Obliterate works.

Lie.

4 Likes

dw was in fact ahead of frost for the majority of the time. 2h was only better in pvp because fights are A LOT shorter and huge oblit hits were really all that mattered and thats all 2h did well (apart from the aforementioned specific cases where 2h was better but they were limited)

also dreadmoore you’re coming in here talkin like you’re some god but all you do is wpvp, kek

You do understand that there were 2 different subspecs to frost right? 2h and DW and they played differently and focused on different things. So if they tried to buff obliterate for DW then it would increase for 2h and with might of the frozen wastes that increase would be too much, so they would have to then also nerf might of the frozen wastes to compensate.

I can’t believe I am having to explain this yet again, almost like people didn’t read their abilities. Arcane just deals with arcane, bring back 2h and when you try to buff that, or nerf DW, or buff DW or nerd 2h it has a direct impact on the other. The 2 specs weren’t the same and the reason you were seeing huge obliterate crits is because 2h specialized in buffing obliterate while DW focused on frost damage. It was blizzards attempt at making the weapon choice unique.

3 Likes

As opposed to Frost Strike (or Howling Blast in WotLK which was, for some reason, a tactical nuke during said expansion)?

2 Likes

Then provide your findings.

2 Likes

Not according to the tooltip where it is based on attack power.

3 Likes

things might have been different way back in boomer time but the last 2 xpacs where 2h was a thing it was all about big oblits. the spec was wack literally a one trick pony.

You are aware that they added the tech to adjust stats based on the weapon the player is using, right? And thus can now change the two types of frost individually, all while in the same spec.

You keep citing previous imbalances as a reason 2H option shouldn’t come back, but in reality it’s not even a problem anymore and there’s no reason a company with the resources like Blizzard can’t figure out how to balance something like this when so many players want it, especially when the tech exists to make it so much easier.

8 Likes

That’s how it is now. It’s all about Breath of Sindy. That’s how it’s been since Legion. So, what’s different? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

Yes, frost during WoD had a lot of downtime, the math put it at 25%. This meant to balance it with other classes the damage needed to be buffed. That initial buff with might of the frozen wastes is what brought about the mage complaints because they were getting 2-3 shot because they have low armor. The lower the armor value the more physical damage does to targets.

one-tricky ponies are fine when I like their trick, but they’re bad when I don’t

2 Likes

Where is that tech exactly? Because the last time people could choose either 2h or DW it wasn’t in the game, and now most if not all dps specs are locked into a weapon choice so there wasn’t a need for that tech to be created.

pretty sure sindy does not make up 50% of my damage ALSO i aint sayin frost isnt borked now but adding 2h is not going to fix “poop” (god dammit let me say the words i wanna say blizz).

if u wanna gib people in wpvp play destro

1 Like

Okay. Well, Frost is a two trick pony atm. It was a one trick pony back then. The only thing that changed is now the DPS rotation is built either on Breath of Sindy (a two minute cooldown which you can – if you’re paying attention and the boss doesn’t move too far away – keep up for roughly 60+ seconds) or whelps which ties into Pillar of Frost pretty well but isn’t very active.

The difference is that the previous One Trick Pony made you feel powerful because it was powerful and part of your active rotation.

2 Likes

Stat values would adjust based on 2H or DW for multiple specs, not to mention literally just adding passives to the spell book saying “Equipping a Two-hander causes X” and another saying “Equipping a 1 handed weapon in your mainhand causes Y”, much like the old weapon master talents. There is absolutely no reason they can’t add a few more hidden passives to the list of the dozens they already have, just to make this work.

The 2H was removed for what i can only assume was developer convenience in legion, along with 4-5 abilities per spec and any real character customization that existed.

People are constantly harping on the balancing issues when id wager that a majority of pro-2H people in these forums would settle for a transmog option…

10 Likes

I prefer single handed. I realize I’m in the minority but I like the animations and how it feels different.