Blizzard "would like to do" 2H Frost

I agree. Only the M++ people really care about the top 3% or 5% DPS margins

7 Likes

Yeah, I thought so too Kyrios. If Kelliste wants to only care about M++ and endgame raiding, and not the actual class fantasy, then she and others like her can just stick to posts regarding exactly those. And not bother us 2h Frost supporters who want OUR class fantasy back, not the one we’ve been forced into.

10 Likes

Would you guys stop talking about me if you actually want me to not respond to you?

I can comment on anything I want to, if you dont like it, oh well. Class fantasy is coming with some abilities that were taken away. If 2h frost comes in, great, you guys will stop complaining and some actual work on the spec can be done, if not, oh well.

2 Likes

Respectfully, if you have an issue with Frostlich, please respond to him directly. The use of the phrase “you guys” implies other people used your name. I did not.

But to the rest of your on-topic points, I feel that 2H frost is very important to the class fantasy of a DK.

2 Likes

I only mentioned her cause of how she was one of the guys constantly using that M++ argument as one of her ways of saying what we want, 2h Frost, is impossible. But yeah, not everyone is talking about her like you said. I’ll stop mentioning her then, but I just wanted to let you know why I mentioned her in the first place.

2 Likes

Thats acceptable to the first point.

I agree that its important, more important than gameplay is a stretch for me. Bringing back MotFW to me is a big nope. Changing some mechanics around with a Runeforge and DW mechanics which is what would be needed to bring in the weapon choice unless people really dont care about dps which then just allow it to be an option. Transmog where 2h goes over DW can also work.

2 Likes

Just shut up. I havent even been going on about M+, and I never said it was impossible and I never said I was against 2h. Quit lying.

2 Likes

She won’t stop butting in as long as her name’s even mentioned, even if none of us are talking to her at all. So we better not mention it in that case. But one more thing, I really hate how she calls me a liar so much. She’s starting to remind be of someone I didn’t like by doing that.

Anyway, to get back on topic, the OP said Blizz “would like to do” 2h Frost right? I hope they (Blizz) mean it for real and that it finally comes back in Shadowlands.

4 Likes

Wow… every time you get on you say something about me. Every single time.

You are a liar. The common denominator between me and this other person is you. You have constantly called me what I am not. I am not anti-2h. I have not been talking about M+ or anything else you want to apply to me.

With how much you have talked crap about me im surprised you are even still on the forums.

1 Like

My feedback is that they turn Unholy into the Dual Wield Spec and restore 2H Frost. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unholy doesn’t deserve to get the same treatment Frost got. Neither spec should be locked like they are now imo.

9 Likes

Agree totally. I wish they’d just make DKs focus on 2h weapons entirely with a talent that offered a variant.

5 Likes

Personally hope for the option of both 2h and dw. One will always be better either way. Kelliste have pointed out ways 2h can come back so fingers crossed!

1 Like

It’s not really up for debate friend.
The guides are still up from previous tiers.

I’m all for 2h coming back but making false claims just hurts the fight.

1 Like

He is wrong in stating it wasn’t viable, because it was indeed viable.
He is right it was not optimal, and was not optimal for the majority of its iteration as DW performed better.
Can they balance it? Of course they can, the notion that it would be impossible to balance is not correct. Given the better coding they possess, it would not be too difficult to set several modifiers to assist in maintaining equality between the two.

4 Likes

People say Icecap currently is not viable.
It’s about 3% behind for me currently on patchwork.

The difference between 2h Frost and DW Frost was much more than 3% especially on cleave/aoe.

The problem is people have different opinions on what “viable” is. A difference of 2%? 5%? 10%?

Exactly, everyone also has different opinions on how to even bring back 2h.

I dont think anyone has said it wasnt viable, I know I didnt because I even used it in Cata and WoD unless I could get 2 1h weapons.

Viable is really community driven and it depends on the content you are doing. Mythic progress? They want you to go the best possible build. Running heroic dungeons? Mythic 0 dungeons? Who cares what run those you are probably going to complete it if you dont sit on your hands.

1 Like

I would argue anything with 2to 5% is acceptable. Anything more, and your dps fluctuates too significantly.

Blizzards % number of what they consider “balanced” is 5% taking past balance numbers as an indication. That was between classes and not specs though, but its what they aim for.

2 Likes

That’s what started the chain of replies to begin with.

2 Likes