Blizzard working on Dual Spec as early as June of 2008

You can’t switch specs in combat, so no they will not function differently in a duel. And no, once again most people will not switch specs during a dungeon/raid, so once again sorry try again.

Seems like you are literally making up problems that don’t exist.

You mean like the problem of TBCC needing dual spec :sweat_smile:?

They have to. The only way they can be correct about their assumptions is create a false pretense.

See? This is how I respond to him and he starts negging on me for it because it’s “insulting” or something. But see how he has no problem doing it to you?

Just another sign of hypocrisy.

I’m still waiting for you to provide a real problem with dual spec that isn’t a figment of your imagination.

Blizzard began working on WoTLK in 2007 … They should have already launched WoTLK classic by now!!! /sarcasm.

Disagreeing with a person isn’t insulting them.

Calling them lazy however is.

1 Like

Now watch him twist himself in knots trying to undo that. Then just hit him with this:

:joy:

1 Like

I do agree with you you’re 100% right although I think the point that they’re trying to make is if you had the ability to swap specs it may make certain fights easier that they otherwise couldn’t do that’s the thought process at least.

Now It’s 99% of the time it’s not gonna matter and honestly off the top of my head I can only think of 4 boss fights in the entire expansion where it would even be a thing.

If at all But that’s the thought process

1 Like

Yes they were working on it then so that it could be a feature for WotLK.

Sure there’s some swing in requirements from fight to fight(typically from tanks/heals who are shockingly the ones asking for dual spec in the first place anyways) but it’s nowhere near the “ZOMG EVERYONE WOULD BE SWITCHING SPECS EVERY PULL OR THEY’LL BE GKICKED” claims that are being made.

1 Like

Yeah they act like its going to trivialize content when its already super simple and all the problems are solved already.

I was progressing through Kara with a new raid team the other week and we got to Illhoof and wiped three times. After the third I hearthed to Org respecced into Nether Protection to tank all the imps, we downed the boss after that.

The lack of dual spec didn’t prevent me from swapping specs, the only benefit we would of gained would be saving 5 minutes for me to respec and get summoned back. They are literally making it out to be this huge game breaking deal.

Where did they say this?

They said this in the video that you linked. In June 2008 they say they’re working on something to give easy access to two sets of talents.

And then in Wrath they released said feature.

What are you confused about?

Which means they were working on it during TBC, as a result of things happening in TBC.

What are you confused about?

Its almost like code takes some time to develop. However its now 2021 and we have that code finished so…

Yes, I realize what the video said.

I also realized when they released it.

I’m confused about where they said it was designed specifically for WotLK. Otherwise, going to continue to assume it was designed specifically for a game called World of Warcraft regardless of which expansion it came out.

It’s not only that, he’s predicating his argument on the assumption that because of when it was released it means it was for that particular expansion. When the reality is this was something players had been calling for far in advance to WotLK and Blizzard hadn’t gotten around to implementing it until WotLK.

See, what these people want to do is WotLK to dual spec in which case they’ll then have to explain why it wasn’t released immediately when the expansion launched.

The video in question gives no indication that Dual Spec was essentially tired to WotLK in any way shape or form. Dual Spec was something for World of Warcraft, not World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King.

This is like saying, “We can’t have Death Knights in Cataclysm because they were implemented in Wrath!”

1 Like

Yup. I don’t think wotlk launched with dual spec either tbh. I may be wrong on that though.

I think it was 6 months after release.

1 Like

That seems about right. Around Ulduar iirc.

Yup just looked it up, patch 3.1.0 with Ulduar

They said this by releasing it in WotLK. If it wasn’t designed for Wrath, it would have come in the expansion before or the expansion after.