Blizzard working on Dual Spec as early as June of 2008

June - but it was the END of TBC. As in it was over and in the final patch.

Ain’t over till its over, honey-cakes! :wink:

1 Like

thought you said it was “immune” to #somechanges?
:thinking:

Zipzo is okay with changes so long it’s changes he wants. That’s how this works!

Incidentally, he said he was okay with Dual Spec if it had some outrageous price added to it. This in a day an age where people are paying out the nose for everything with gold they’re buying with bots. :joy:

2 Likes

Given the arena numbers it appears he isn’t that special. It looks like there are many more people like him than there are that are willing to pay to respec. That’s really the whole point. You few anti-dual speccers are the ones who think you’re special and the game should revolve around you against the majority of the players who want this change

1 Like

I think the game should revolve around original TBC (as closely as possible). Not me lol.

Would I make make some design changes to TBC in a perfect world? Sure. It would probably even include dual spec or something similar.

But TBC did not exist perfectly. So in a recreation of it, I don’t want to play it “perfected”. I want to play it in all of it’s imperfect glory (as much of it remaining as possible).

1 Like

Does that mean you will rent a Ventrilo server and avoid using Discord?

1 Like

What does Ventrilo and Discord have to do with the design of TBCC?

Completely unrelated, third party applications that are unrelated to my feelings about TBCC’s game design.

BTW, I checked Ventrilo because I was unsure they were even a thing anymore, and apparently they are!

They even have neato skins you can use on your server! Lol.

1 Like

And you want to force everyone to play it that way.

Just bringing it up because you want to use the whole “recreation of how it was” angle. It shows how little that matters when you are willing to utilize technology that wasn’t around in 2007 to play the game today.

If any of that truly mattered you wouldn’t be playing on an HD monitor or on a pc that existed after 2009 because they are all tech that didn’t exist in original tbc.

2 Likes

Go back to Classic.

Recreating the game design and recreating the tools I used outside of the game are not the same lol.

I’m not itching to go back to using an AMD
400 or whatever the hell it was I had back then LOL.

2 Likes

It is the same. You can’t demand no changes and then play the game with things that didn’t exist in 2007.

I’m not forcing anyone to do anything lol, just go play a game that suits your tastes. TBC is and was relatively known about, since loooong before TBCC. You knew what was coming. It’s your choice, and always has been, to play it.

1 Like

Who says? This is purely your own imaginary stipulation, btw.

1 Like

If dual spec is added no one would force you to pay for it. We’ve even made a concession to the complaint about dual spec and raids. Just make it so you must change in a major city and put it on a cool down. They could also make a server without dual spec but I don’t believe enough people would choose to play there to make it profitable for blizzard

Blizzard announced before TBC was released that it would not be no changes. They added changes when the game was released in case you didn’t see the announcement. They told us more changes were coming and asked for feedback from the players on the changes we wanted. You knew what was coming. If you don’t like it find another game to play

Actually its called a double standard, and you are the one perpetrating it.

1 Like

Been calling him out on that for weeks now. He either doesn’t see it or he’s being blatantly dishonest. Given the fact that he has already been shown that he has selectively quoted the developers on what they’ve said concerning Dual Spec, I’m going with the latter.

No, you’re just spreading misinformation by selectively quoting what developers have said in the past. And we’re correcting the record because this gives forum readers a false pretense to what Dual Spec is all about.

1 Like

It’s not a double standard. You’re just using a strawman argument.

I never said I need every single contextual element of when I played TBC, completely unrelated to the actual product, to be present for TBCC to be the product I and others want it to be.

I also can’t make myself a teenager again and experience TBCC as a person without a college degree. I also can’t make my mom take back her last 2 divorces after I played TBC, so that I’m truly playing TBC in a pre-3rd divorce mother household. Further, I’m not going to go live with my parents to play TBCC to recreate that either.

This line of argumentation is so incredibly dumb and it’s embarrassing that you find it logical.

The only thing I’ve ever touted is for TBCC, itself, to be like TBC. You can twist that in to being arbitrary all you want, twist it until you’re silly.

1 Like

TBC would still be TBC with dual spec. Having an extra talent spec doesn’t make any of the existing content disappear.

When tbc was announced your first thoughts were probably “I cant wait to level to 70!” or “I cant wait to run Kara!” nobody thought to themselves “I cant wait to only have one talent spec again!”