Blizzard working on Dual Spec as early as June of 2008

I’m not forcing anyone to do anything lol, just go play a game that suits your tastes. TBC is and was relatively known about, since loooong before TBCC. You knew what was coming. It’s your choice, and always has been, to play it.

1 Like

Who says? This is purely your own imaginary stipulation, btw.

1 Like

If dual spec is added no one would force you to pay for it. We’ve even made a concession to the complaint about dual spec and raids. Just make it so you must change in a major city and put it on a cool down. They could also make a server without dual spec but I don’t believe enough people would choose to play there to make it profitable for blizzard

Blizzard announced before TBC was released that it would not be no changes. They added changes when the game was released in case you didn’t see the announcement. They told us more changes were coming and asked for feedback from the players on the changes we wanted. You knew what was coming. If you don’t like it find another game to play

Actually its called a double standard, and you are the one perpetrating it.

1 Like

Been calling him out on that for weeks now. He either doesn’t see it or he’s being blatantly dishonest. Given the fact that he has already been shown that he has selectively quoted the developers on what they’ve said concerning Dual Spec, I’m going with the latter.

No, you’re just spreading misinformation by selectively quoting what developers have said in the past. And we’re correcting the record because this gives forum readers a false pretense to what Dual Spec is all about.

1 Like

It’s not a double standard. You’re just using a strawman argument.

I never said I need every single contextual element of when I played TBC, completely unrelated to the actual product, to be present for TBCC to be the product I and others want it to be.

I also can’t make myself a teenager again and experience TBCC as a person without a college degree. I also can’t make my mom take back her last 2 divorces after I played TBC, so that I’m truly playing TBC in a pre-3rd divorce mother household. Further, I’m not going to go live with my parents to play TBCC to recreate that either.

This line of argumentation is so incredibly dumb and it’s embarrassing that you find it logical.

The only thing I’ve ever touted is for TBCC, itself, to be like TBC. You can twist that in to being arbitrary all you want, twist it until you’re silly.

1 Like

TBC would still be TBC with dual spec. Having an extra talent spec doesn’t make any of the existing content disappear.

When tbc was announced your first thoughts were probably “I cant wait to level to 70!” or “I cant wait to run Kara!” nobody thought to themselves “I cant wait to only have one talent spec again!”

TBCC isn’t just about it’s raid or quest content.

The grind to respec is what “makes” TBC too. It’s literally in the blue post…purposeful, intentional design.

Also, it’s more like I thought “I can’t wait for specs to matter again”.

1 Like

False. No where on the game box does it say “grind gold to respec your talents every week”

Here’s how you “argue” like Zipzo…

First, you take whatever the other party said and you say the opposite. Then you insert a buzzword you learned from Carl Sagan like “strawman” or “red herring” or something of that nature to make it sound like they’re not being objective.

It doesn’t matter what term you use since you’re under the pretense that an argument is going on and you’re winning it because you’re using High School debate lingo.

After which, if they thoroughly show how ignorant you are, just make it about your feelings, but do so under the presumption that you were always correct.

When they call you out on that and then try to return to the pretense that you’re actually being objective.

Just go back and forth on these two fronts. And then present even more misinformation in the future. Repeat it until it’s true.

1 Like

It may not say it on the game box but the developers literally said it so…counts for something.

Also…what? lol

1 Like

What you mean blizzard didn’t just throw a dart at a board in wrath and it landed on dual spec?

You mean they were analyzing behavior during TBC and examining problems and formulating a solution based on that? Weird, makes no sense.

Careful any closer and you might impale yourself on my points.

Yeah, like, and we could go 'round and 'round all day insulting each other’s method of making a point but at the end of the day only the actual logic and honest effort to make that point shines through. So either do your part to make a good point or continue being irrelevant in these discussions.

Do you fancy yourself some kind of Jerry King of WoW forum debates? You just, kinda, sit there on the side-line criticizing how everyone chooses to relay their thoughts, without ever offering anything valuable of your own? lol

2 Likes

#DualSpeck

Relax friend, your “humdinger” based on trying to outline a contradiction because I don’t want to use Ventrilo or use a 2009-based PC isn’t nearly as a slick as you think it is…

1 Like

So what you’re saying is you wouldn’t use dual spec if it was available because you value that grind so much.

If not everybody is exposed to the same requirements, then they don’t mean anything as a principle of design.

Other people having it easier, arbitrarily, affects my gameplay experience because it’s an MMO. It’s all tied together.

1 Like

I have never once insulted you. Ever.

You can look at my entire post history and never find a single instance of it.

Go ahead, I implore you to find a single example of my insulting you.

No encounters change because of dual spec, try again.

1 Like