Blizzard won't tell me why I was silenced

Your argument is that because people can block invites, that you are not spamming.

That is not at all true. You don’t get to spam, period. Even if they have invites turned on.

In this case you were told you were spamming a non related Youtube channel - so that is what your Silence is for.

If you want to appeal that, you need to use the silence appeal function.

There are no GMs on the forums so this is not a place to appeal. Even in tickets, you don’t get to rules lawyer. Either they consider your actions spam, or not.

9 Likes

One whisper relative to my guild is not spam.

You messaged enough people, with the exact same message that felt differently.

It isn’t uncommon for that type of message to be resented, unsolicited - even just guild invites, much less advertising - or proselytizing - most especially when it has nothing to do with the game itself.

10 Likes

No, my argument is that a single message sent to multiple people is not spam.

Silenced.

And this is why Blizzard is deliberately vague. To stop players trying to find loopholes and rule lawyering.

10 Likes

Sçx, if you have a question, I suggest you ask it - or make your own thread to ask it.

5 Likes

An old saying I heard on the forums:

It’s spam regardless if you send 1k message to one person or 1 message to 1k people. Spam is spam.

11 Likes

Then you appealed this already and were informed differently?

By ticket, not the forums. Tickets are the way to contact support.

10 Likes

You can’t go to Walmart and advertise your store. They will ask you to leave.

You can’t go to Blizzard and use their games to advertise your social media. They won’t let you use the game for that. Other players find it seriously annoying and will report it - and GMs will agree it is spam.

If someone wants to advertise their social media channels they can do it on their own time in their own spaces. Not Blizzard’s private property where it annoys other players.

10 Likes

Your argument is wrong. Posting the same message in chat repeatedly is spam, however a single message sent to multiple people is also spam.

5 Likes

It is when you send it unsolicited to multiple people including a non-wow related youtube channel.

Spam telephone calls go out to each individual phone - yet are considered unwanted spam. It would be rare to find someone who thinks unwanted phone calls are not spam. And no, you should not have to block phone calls to prevent it. Spam is spam.

8 Likes

Just have to say…Thank you. I learned a new word today, one I can honestly say I haven’t heard before. I had to go look it up.

8 Likes

I have a problem with the way this person is being brushed off. Let them off with a warning. This game is what some people look forward to all day while they grind away at a meaningless job. It means more to them then you think. If this silence upset them enough to make a post about it, reduce the sentence and scold them.

1 Like

So if multiple people whisper me while my DND message is up, it can be considered spam?

No. It is a reply to their whisper.

3 Likes

To put it bluntly Sçx, you are inserting yourself into something that has nothing to do with you. If YOU have a question, please do ask - I’ll see if it can be answered.

No one has brushed off anything, the fact that someone doesn’t like an answer, doesn’t make it not answered - or wrong.

16 Likes

Silences are warnings. If you are banned you can not access the whole game.

Orlyia is only a moderator, not a GM, and has little to do with the penalty, only to clarify why OP faces the penalty, which is what they asked for.

10 Likes

Sçx Addiction

Is also not an appropriate name, much less name and guild tag combo.

Sexual names and content are prohibited. You may want to self report so you can get a name change before someone reports you for it and you get penalized.

A penalty is bound to upset people. Being upset does not get people out of penalties.

9 Likes

Then guild invites that come with a whisper are spam and therefore shouldn’t be allowed in general?

It’s related to why you’d want to join my guild.

Also by this logic, everyone who uses Fast Guild Invite should be silenced all the same.