Blizzard will never admit that Survival rework is a failure

I do not. And frankly, this comes down to gameplay feel and enjoyment. You don’t have to understand and agree with it for it to be valid. Gameplay feel is a subjective judgment.

You don’t see any mechanical different between RSV and MM, or for that matter, RSV and Affliction and Shadow and Elemental and BM and Balance and Arcane. That’s fine, means you can play pretty much whatever.

I’m not that way. Based on the conversations in this thread, I’m not alone in that sentiment. It isn’t just “proc, cast on CD, maintain DoT/buff/debuff” to me. Each spec, and often each build within a spec, has a very different timbre to it’s rotation, a different feel and pace and flow. I enjoy some far more than I enjoy others. RSV was one of the ones that I enjoyed substantially, and no other rotation in the game matches what WoD and MoP RSV had in that area.

You can argue until you’re blue in the face that MM’s Explosive Shot is the same because “boom boom” and because “cast on CD”. You can argue until you’re blue in the face that Aimed Shot is mechanically the same as Explosive Shot. To you, those are likely true statements. But your judgment, your opinions of those, are not universal nor are they objective (actually, based on available data, your opinions on this matter are in the decided minority).

Again, just because you don’t feel a difference between rotations doesn’t mean me feeling a difference, and having a preference, is invalid. I don’t care one wit whether the seats in my car are fabric or leather, but that doesn’t mean the preference of some for leather seats is invalid. I don’t care one wit about the brand of my jeans. Doesn’t make the preference of some for specific designer label jeans invalid.

8 Likes

I get it. It feels different to you casting a steady shot vs say a fireball. Game play being subjective is not what I’m arguing against. Playing a hunter feels different than playing a mage. Its just like transmog some people feel more immersed in the fantasy if their characters have the right clothing. It feels totally different having a bow transmog over a gun but the steady shot I cast with either is the exact same.

Aesthetically

Does that make your opinion then fact? Just because there are more people in this specific thread agreeing with you doesn’t make you guys automatically right. Echo chambers are a thing in the internet a bunch of people agreeing over something objectively wrong but they think they’re right cause some rando on the internet agrees.

You can feel something is better than another that’s fine. The stone cold fact is that the seats in the car still provide the same function. Weather you prefer leather is not invalid. I’m not saying it is. I’m just telling you that a fabric seat and a leather seat are both places to sit while you get from point A to point B.

I hope y’all are getting paid hourly wages for spending so much time feeding It.

1 Like

I mean… you eat spaghetti with bread, you could very easily make a sandwich out of it.

He’s taking that famous approach pioneered by … well … you know … anyway “If you repeat a lie long enough and loud enough, eventually it becomes the truth.” Problem with that strategy is it really only works on people who didn’t know the truth in the 1st place.

4 Likes

If you’re comparing me with who I think you are, you are acting like said persons followers circle jerking each other on the internet and slandering any minorities interjection with your “facts” and insults because you ignore what they say and read only what you want to read.

Oh no, I’m talking about someone who predates the concept of the internet by … several decades.

Holy sh** hahahahah are you comparing me to actual Hitler??? On a thread about survival hunters in the hit game World of Warcraft?? Oh man I didn’t know you were that worked up about it. Please take a step back grab a cup of water and stretch a little.

2 Likes

Uh no. He didn’t come up with what I am talking about no. But you are missing the point either way.

A quick google search of your exact quote took me to the Big Lie so…
You’re also missing the point of entirely what I was saying seems like you were only focused on a few phrases.

Indeed as it should have because there is a history behind that quote and concept.

Anyway, my point was to point out that because you either don’t, won’t, or can’t seem to acknowledge or even comprehend that you are wrong about what you are talking about, you are either knowingly or unknowingly employing this tactic. And again, this tactic doesn’t work on people whom know the truth already.

I gotta know now who I’m being compared to its killing me lmao.

Oh like yourself? If you look at my full discussions I’ve attempted to make myself clear multiple times however people like yourself come in see maybe one or two posts and come to your own conclusion. I’ve acknowledged other peoples statements, made rebuttals, and have agreed on other things didya see that?

We did not.

4 Likes

This guy, this guy right here, Speaks for every survival hunter 15 years ago. You absolute legend.

You trying to equate people to Hitler over a video game and the decision the devs made 6 years ago at this point shows that you have deep seeded issues. You need to get off the internet and go outside or something.

1 Like

No more or less than you do, with your original claim that we did, which we didn’t

I said probably. As in an assumption not a fact.

How about this then: As someone who legitimately played survival, I did not, nor did anyone else I spoke with that legitimately played survival. That’s pretty factual I’d argue.

Reminder that what I quoted is as follows:

I did, I tried. I had a guildie that tried the same thing. I knew I couldn’t so as much dps and went back to BM but I have. Do I get to claim facts now too based on my personal experience?

I know what I said. Seems like your negativity bias is making you scan over the rest of the sentence.

Again, Hitler didn’t come up with that quote or concept.

Edit: also using a technique pioneered by someone doesn’t make you that person or even someone comparable. It’s almost like nuance exists.

1 Like

idk you seem do be doing so while attempting to make it look like you aren’t. I don’t really care either way and neither of us are adding anything to the discussion, even though it seems to have gone pretty far off-course anyway:

so anyway, MSV bad RSV good, SV in general is a sh** show just make it a tank and be done with it is my opinion