BLIZZARD! why soar 30% nerf change makes no sense!

How many self inflicted bash wounds to the head has Blizzard faced to do a change this stupid and mundane? And how many more will it take for them to revert said change?

4 Likes

They once again are trying to tell the players what is fun and “fixing a problem” that doesn’t exist with the players. Their logic about pet battles and tmog is a big who cares.

BLIZZARD NEEDS TO STOP TELLING PLAYERS HOW TO HAVE FUN!

This is Azerite armor and covenant blizz logic all over again. The soar ability was fine, blizzard inventing a no problem and killing fun again.

The person who made the decision to nerf it needs to never be allowed to make wow decisions anymore. This is a stupid mindset for this game. They solve problems by making the game worse.

It’s now dampening my excitement heavily. They once again are trying to control how we play. Everytime they done that it was a failure. STOP IT BLIZZARD!!

10 Likes

i do agree,

the nerfs do not make sense to any of the reasonings that blizzard had litsted in there post to the nerf.

and this thread, the guy has put some work in on this post and made some very solid points.

2 Likes

No, and Im very confused as to point its trying to make because the analogy seems backwards. In this case you have a ton of people going for vanilla (the old flying) and when the fun new flavor comes out (Dragonriding and Soar) Blizz is like “You can have this flavor with no sprinkles or you can have vanilla with sprinkes and chocolate syrup”

1 Like

Fun can’t be in WoW. That’s Ion’s philosophy.

3 Likes

True i didnt think of it that way,

i was more thinking of it more like a Solution
Give us back our Vanilla Ice-cream we want more Vanilla Ice-cream!!! (Soar) haha

1 Like

You people TRULY AND HONESTLY think the nerf to SOAR will kill Dragonflight as a expansion as a WHOLE. No, it won’t and I doubt majority even cares.

Do you know why shadowlands and BFA failed because of its systems and borrowed power in BFA you had to interact with the azerite gear and in shadowlands you had to interact with soulbinds and conduits which both of those things have tremendous effect on your class and the renown system in shadowlands. That’s what hurt both of those expansions due to the fact they were hated and now they learned their lesson to go back to basics and start over.

Irrelevant, it’s not about whether or not it’s going to ruin the expansion, it’s about Blizzard’s design attitude, constantly attacking player fun for hyper-optimization where it’s really not needed.

This nerf/action is proof that the mindset when designing is the same as always and it is this mindset what the community is attacking.

8 Likes

If the expansion comes out as a success than none of these will even matter.

As long talent tree and profession and open world and it’s instanced content are good these won’t matter.

As you say “IF”, but no one really have faith on Blizzard, the general aptitude is of mistrust.

3 Likes

Theyve been made aware that an overwhelming majority of the playerbase find these changes stupid and needless. If they dont revert them by the end of this week its a safe bet that Dragonflight will be just Shadowlands which was a complete failure.

Just because its irrelevant to you doesn’t mean it is to a lot of people, drac’s are going to dominate wpvp and it will be a huge issue for pvp server’s and shards. You can’t escape anything on a flying mount that is moving twice as fast as you and/or can naturally glide. It’s aggressively OP even with the nerf.

In my view it will be successful due to the fact that it doesn’t have shadowlands and BFA and or legion type of negative systems and borrowed power and I don’t care if their isn’t any trust.

Your type of people already bashing and mocking the hell out of blizzard and also insulting dragonflight and mocking the expansion and name calling it.
Well, guess what if you despise this game so much so than why not just quit.

im not sure if you know exactly how Soar works,

it cant be used in combat,
you can not attack people while using it,
cant be used in bg’s arena’s or anything
and its also on a 5min cd

has all the restrictions of a mount to some degree basically but on a cd

not to mention that its not exactly easy to use and get great speed unless dropping from a very high peak to gain momentum. and you also have to control it its very interactive.

Warmode is also by choice

Viperzz,
did also explain how soar works to an extent in the OP, can “quote” it if need be

i dont find it that OP as some people say, when you take into account of everything that classes/races in the game have access to but choose not to use/or obtain

toys/consumables/engineering items and so on

for example there’s a toy that was linked earlier in the thread that shoots you up in the air same as how a drackthyr some what does it and you can use a goblin glider kit to glide?
and that’s usable in combat i believe Soar is not.

4 Likes

I think so too, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to blindly trust them. Also there is one aspect of the game that I am very interested, which I can’t really judge until the game is out, it’s called storytelling.

I’ve done it a few times yes

I have not done this … I think

I currently play Classic and FFXIV, so I already quit Retail :joy:

2 Likes

Soar does not function like regular flying. Escaping on a flying mount from a Dracthyr is as simple as flying upwards at an incline, as soon as you’re 30yds out of reach they can’t touch you. They literally cannot chase you on a BC mount because the new physics doesn’t apply to you.

Soar would have no measurable weight on world pvp.

5 Likes

Shadowlands was a successful expansion at the start… Just saying.

All expansion are successful at the start/launch :joy:

1 Like

I want some mounts to be useful in combat with mobs. Yes, I know they won’t allow that. But GW2 had a rabbit mount that we used to ‘bomb’ an npc boss fight out in open world.

That was extremely satisfying and fun. But I don’t see Wow doing anything that would allow us to use any of our many mounts to be used in an open world boss fight where it could actually be used against the boss mechanics, even in a small way.

But just imagine!!!

1 Like

Seriously, it takes a week or two for everyone to realize theyve been screwed :face_exhaling:

2 Likes