BLIZZARD! why soar 30% nerf change makes no sense!

It’s how MMOs usually work, you need at least 1 month to see if they are good or not. It is worse in WoW because here it can start very well and screw it up in the middle, in fact it is quite normal.

1 Like

WoW always has some pretty bad server congestion at first that slows down progress as well, making it harder to tell what content is really like outside the lag.

1 Like

i hope we can get some feedback on this,

5 Likes

has anything come out on this yet?

No :cry:

1 Like

Keep that reduction Blizz. Don’t create a super race that blows everything else out of the water.

I’d laugh if they do change it back, but then reduce ground movement to a crawl.

The change didn’t do anything about them being super, it just made their inferior version of dragon Riding less fun and even more inferior for non-reasons given.

They could have just disabled it in old content, used their BC mount flight animations and gave them BC flight, or enable dragon Riding everywhere and make it a race specific dragon Riding mount. There were multiple easy, player friendly choices to make that would have been wins, but they chose to take an L in a baffling way.

It was an attack on something fun that was getting positive reception and requests to remove an equally unnecessary cooldown. For some reason maybe the love it was getting frustrated a dev, maybe they hate fun things? Who knows, point isn’t so much about the ability itself but the design philosophy and reaction to feedback that has upset everyone.

11 Likes

This is the dumbest subject i’ve seen debated about. It’s an ability thats not even out yet and is in fact in an alpha phase of testing. Yet people are complaining about it being changed, as things naturally do in alpha.

Then you got OP posting a litany of text which is nothing but paragraphs of mental gymnastics trying to justify why the ability should be overpowered.

This probably isn’t even the final iteration of soar, its still in alpha ffs.

4 Likes

This is the dumbest topic you’ve seen debated about? This one? This post giving actual feedback is dumb as opposed to some of the dumb, political, and pointless threads we have included but not limited to:

1. Black and Asian faces being added in the game.
  2. The Social contract and how it wasn’t fair to force on players even though it was literally just “be nice.”
  3. Every troll LGBT thread.
  4. The Weird Bowl of Fruit Change.
  5. The Evils of “diversity”.

This is a thread, offering genuine feedback (At least the Original post does) in regards to changes of an ability a lot of testers find fun and honestly looks pretty cool and most players thought needed to be altered to be more fun, not less.

There are plenty of arguments that make sense in the original post, and more importantly, it is Alpha. This is absolutely the time to provide feedback and criticism. Things change in Alpha is exactly right, and part of it is change born of criticism. Not agreeing with the OG post doesn’t make it dumb or mental gymnastics.

If you have actual refutation to his points, that’s helpful. But going “THIS IS DUMB” because you disagree, doesn’t exactly make you look smarter than anyone else.

7 Likes

So why post it here, and not the DF alpha forum? A place where devs are actually paying attetion?

The ability is still fundamentaly the same, just tuned down. Op doesn’t have much of a point to make.

What about berserk? Will you trade that for soar?

fun detected- blizzard delete

6 Likes

do you play the game at all?

3 Likes

you can only post in AF alpha forums if you have the alpha im pritty sure

1 Like

apparently there’s been alot of organizations cancelling events to do with the dracthry soar there was going to be races/obstacle courses and everything would have been so much fun imo

Towelliee mentioned on stream today

1 Like

That’s so sad. :disappointed:

And Blizzard isn’t doing anything.

:rage:

Remember to show your support to our cause by throwing likes to the feedback about Soar given here:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-dragonriding/1279462/159

4 Likes

I wonder if that’s the problem? Are we sure soar/Dragon riding are completely compatible in that old content, like BC?

1 Like

If this is the hill blizz is willing to die on, when it gives no advantage to the player but was only FUN, then I have no faith what so ever in the upcoming expansion. This, this crap is why I will never pre-purchase any expansion of this game again. Soar needs to be put back to its original speed and Dragon Riding needs to be game-world wide.

If neither is implemented at launch I wont be buying and will continue playing other games instead that don’t keep nerfing or removing what’s fun. This is the hill I and my money are willing to die on. From what I’m seeing it’s the hill a lot of others and their money are willing to die on.

It’s sad that the developers are so out of touch that they ruin a fun and exciting mechanic that they designed before its even released.

2 Likes