Blizzard Who Hurt You? - Soar Nerf

They cant use transmog or chromie time but supposedly thats why they nerfed soar into uselessness. Makes sense.

1 Like

“The design of your race gives it an extremely unfair efficiency advantage while doing certain things that it, by nature of its design, cannot do. Therefore, we have nerfed it to bring it in line with other races’ (who can actually do these things) ability to do these things. This is a big problem which was definitely worth correcting and providing this totally non-self-parodying justification for.”

8 Likes

Blizz shouldve just come out and said “We nerfed Soar by 30% because we have a dire fun allergy and Soar was causing us to bust out the epi-pen”

I no londer have an interest in Dragonflight, feels like the writings on the wall for this one

1 Like

Even SoulSoBreezy, who is practically a shill by his own admission, put up a YouTube rant about how utterly ridiculous their justification was.

I mean, they can’t even get Soul to give them any benefit of the doubt on this.

6 Likes

Blizz’s mo:

Players: this is cool, we love it and are having so much fun
Blizz HQ: uh sir, the players seem to be enjoying this portion of the program, how do you wish us to proceed?
Ion(and few others) : oh we have to fix that, they can’t be having fun playing our game, it’s supposed to be a time gated chore, NO FUN ALLOWED! EVER!

5 Likes

… that is not a raid, mythic dungeon, or something else we can attempt to monetize as an e-sport …

4 Likes

“Soaring doesnt make us money. Remove it, add a new type of raid and find a way to increase token sales!”

1 Like

I’m going to collage a handful of statements I made from another thread that was confronting the same topic –

— What many people are failing or misinterpreting to realise with various comments within these threads I see, like "It’s roughly only / just 30% calm down" - But no, that’s not just 30% in numeracy format like ‘120 - 30 = 90’. It’s a roughly 30% nerf from the mass entirety -

So Them nerfing Dracthyr Soar by around 30% means their speed has gone from roughly 930% to 640% (give or take).

– And what’s more wildly strange is that their reasoning was ‘unfair advantages to Chromie quests, pet battles and transmog hunting’ ??? - That seems like something I would put as an April Fools joke, like “We nerfed druids because a warrior slept in.”

I heard an argument “Someone did complain about those silly reasons though” but they would be either a handful of trolls, perhaps an individual that hates dragons in general; or an insignificant minority of the playerbase. However what Blizzard fail to realise, is that there’s always —

ALWAYS!

– going to be a minority that complain about LITERALLYany and in many cases everything.

I remember when they gave game-time back to all players as an apology for a minor issue, and we had people ranting about that. We have anniversary rewards, and there’s a few people that whined about that. People even complained about them bringing back Classic WoW because they thought it was going to end-retail forever.

And I’m sure there’s gonna be some andy that’s gonna say “YOuR’E ThE MiNoRiTy ArGuiNg NoW AhAHa!” – However, the majority of people I’ve spoken to, asked in chat or even seen upon forums and heck even youtube content creators agree that this nerf is a poor decision.

What annoys me mostly is the philosophy behind it, how they micro-manage fun aspects and overly control something that should be allowed to be enjoyed in its full form - and this is simply another to the list reinforcing that.

For me, although this change sucks - It’s not so much this specific thing, but the principle behind it, like I suggested earlier.

I watched an Asmongold video later on and he said just about the exact same thing about it around ‘12:45’ onwards through the video:

(Warning to others: Profanity is found in this video) –

It’s an unneeded nerf.
In the video above, even Asmon points out the flaws in their reasoning. It’s like he said, the reasons indicate the decision maker doesn’t even play the game and why. And he’s 100% right.

13 Likes

You should repost this as its own thread, its solid gold.

Let that be a lesson to the community, if you like something don’t say anything nice about it or it will surely be nerfed asap.

5 Likes

We should have asked for them to nerf soar. Then, they would’ve redesigned the Evoker talent tree to let you upgrade it into full dragonriding with a swooping aerial stun that could be used in instances and PvP with a one-minute cooldown (to bring it in line with their other racials).

7 Likes

If only we all pretended to hate it, Blizzard would have dropped the CD

4 Likes

I wonder if blizzard is going to address this colossal blunder or just ignore it and hope it goes away like covenant dealing. And conduit energy. And soul cinders. And domination shards. And azerite armor. And essences. And legion legendaries. And WoD flying.

It’s getting a little old watching the kid stick the fork in the socket when you’re the one paying the electric bill.

10 Likes

Theyve had all of 2 days to respond, it shouldnt take that long given the overwhelming response to this foolish decision.

3 Likes

And yet… :cricket:

1 Like

You forgot the AoE cap.

Especially when everyone, every time, tells the kid not to do it just before they do it, and then the kid looks you straight in the face and does it anyway.

"You think you don’t want me to stick this fork in this socket, but you do. Trust me, you do!"

3 Likes

This is beyond sticking their fork into the socket, Blizz has upgraded to putting super glue up their nose

2 Likes

Still utterly disappointed in you guys.

3 Likes

Not on Alpha, and plan on changing my main to a Dracthyr just because this is something I have been looking to have in the game for a long time.

I understand Blizzard buzz-kills reasoning for the speed nerf in a way for the Chromie-Time reason alone. When DF is ended and the next expansion comes in, new Dracthyr will probably be made as level 10’s to start and they might do old content.

As a comprimise though, they could adjust the flying speeds to say 310% until 30, at which point they can do the 620% and the full speed at 60. That should balance them a bit for getting around fast. As for the other reasons, they male little sense, as farmers tend to park alts for those and that is quicker than flying from one to another.

I do think the CD should be gone as even whelpings can fly :rofl: .