Blizzard Who Hurt You? - Soar Nerf

But demon hunters can glide in raids and dungeons it does not matter how fast what matters is they can do it while others cannot.
Dracthyr can fly at 930% speed but only once per 5 minutes. The speed of Dracthyr is balanced by the long cooldown.
Druids can pick herb while mounted, it is instant cast and it does not have 5 minute cooldown.

Mages have fixed locations but the locations are main points of interest. If you are in lets say Ravendreth and you have cooldown on hearthstone and you want to go to Oribos, it takes like 5 minutes to fly there. If you are not a mage it takes like 5 minutes to find a mage to port you there.
You are still mentioning the 900% speed. But as a mage you can farm almost any old content raid or dungeon faster then Dracthyr. You want to farm Onyxia? Port to Theramore. You want to do legion raids? Teleport to order hall and you have portal to every Legion zone. Northrend raids? Teleport to Dalaran. What can Drakthyr do? Hearthstone to stormwind fly to mage district tower teleport to dalaran. By the time the dracthyr is in Dalaran the mage is already in the raid.
930% speed is perfect for dracthyr if it is slower it does not feel as good. If it would be any higher it would be hard to control, or some old PCs would not render objects and textures fast enough.

6 Likes

Are they going to get to old content no one plays too fast? Seriously, what is the substantive advantage?

That it’s a running joke the WoW team nerfs fun isn’t a good reputation. Reminds everyone that the same team that made Shadowlands is in charge of Dragonflight.

8 Likes

They had universal praise for the system and nerfed it for no reason, now you have like 3 bad faith trolls bopping aroundbto every thread to scream about how much they hate new systems and fun.

These are the people Blizz will listen to and Dragonflight will be as trash as Shadowlands, then when everyone thats left leaves too the trolls can all sit arounf and clap for their dead game that hasnt changed for 18 years.

5 Likes

What about 925% speed? Or 890%? At what point does it become unfun? Why is 930% the magic fun number?

Yes. But if nobody is playing it then why does only getting there twice as fast become such an issue?

(Hint: because people are playing it)

1 Like

You need that speed in order to dragonride effectively. Less than that and you do not last for more than 30-50 seconds without inevitably landing on ground (not even reaching the nerfed max speed, unless you jump off a high cliff).

4 Likes

For sake of argument, gathering materials but that’s all I can think of.

Right, but since youd have to land and soar has a 5 minute cooldown Druids would still have a huge advantage over everyone.

4 Likes

Like a lot of people are saying, this change could be opening the pandora’s box. Is Blizzard going to start nerfing every racial ability that gives “advantage” in old world content?

So, are they going to nerf the Vulpera’s second heartstone? Dark Iron Dwarves’s mole machine? Why stop there? How about mages and their teleports? Or druids and their instant travel form? Or druids and the portals of the emerald dream that gives them access to different locations around Azeroth? Demon hunters can do transmog runs way faster that most classes. Are they going to nerf that too?

This is a bad change, Blizzard. Please, reconsider this. Or at least give us a better explanation than “Dracthyr can get to old raids and pet battles faster than all the other classes”.

11 Likes

Blizzard change it back, don’t clip their wings, let them soar!

6 Likes

they cant gather using soar like druids can they have to land and get out of soar mode wich has a 5min cd

to gain great distance you need to be up/at a high peak to even reach such a greater speed lol
and have to be far too attentive with it to even stay aloft, nobody has any idea yet until they try it for themselves just how actually difficult it can be to keep flying.
and doesnt have any of the recharge abilitys the dragon riding has

5 Likes

Exactly :point_up:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

Your a tool

4 Likes

Man. Some people are just…icky. Glad they aren’t in charge of any decisions being made for the game.

I’m glad they nerfed it. It was obviously far too OP (and still is) in the old world.

1 Like

Guarantee you cant actually elaborate on that in any meaningful way

6 Likes

My druid has all the MoP challenge mode portals, the dreamgrove, and an instant cast flight form. PLUS the one with nature toy. I have the ability to get around the world crazy quick on him and none of that is nerfed. Just because a race can what? Fly faster? Blizzard and the players who think it’s an unfair advantage are honestly trying to dictate other’s “fun”.

12 Likes

This is pure **** up. There was no need to change it. I was so excited to use the racial. Now I’m just not interested anymore. Why do they need to take away the fun!? No one was complaining :skull::sob::roll_eyes::unamused:

Mod Edit: Removed inappropriate language.

7 Likes

Either theyll revert and prove theyve actually learned a lesson or they wont and youll end up with another trash expansion that theyve sucked all the fun out of

Has anyone even given a good reason flying really fast is OP and broken other than “because my class can’t” or “because it is” I’m not sure how traversing the old world and fast speeds is a problem at all. Even if blizz puts new content in the old world, why does it matter if they can get a quest done faster? There is no bonus for completion time…

not to mention You don’t get 900% speed using Soar immediately, and it is a 5min CD

soar can only be used once every 5min and fly on one continent

someone on a steady 310% speed mount or taking portals or any other way of transportation can catch up in that time very easily which i feel make’s the argument irrelevant

soar is on a 5min CD
to gain great distance you need to be up/at a high peak to even reach such a greater speed lol
and have to be far too attentive with it to even stay aloft, nobody has any idea yet until they try it for themselves just how actually difficult it can be to keep flying.
and doesn’t have any of the recharge abilities the dragon riding has

P.S. why would you ever want to use Soar over Dragon Riding in Dragon isles FUN GONE!!!

Dragons riding Dragons? makes no sense? lol

people would love the trivial option to use Soar over dragon riding once in a while on a 5min cd
as a dragon Race with wings

10 Likes

Welcome to GD, crab mentality only.

2 Likes