Blizzard Who Hurt You? - Soar Nerf

so everyone in here except for the 3 people who talk almost exactly like each other (almost like they were just separate toons) agree Dragon flying everywhere and open soar up to the dragon flight 45 abilities right?

9 Likes

And we dont buy it. All you are saying is “it’s OP”. When you get pressed to explain how it is OP, your only answer is “uh because blizzard said so” without actually giving a response that shows critical thinking.

Honestly, what is game breaking about a dracthyr being able to glide really fast once every 5 minutes in outdated content? It’s not like they are getting 900% flying mounts so they can rush from outdated herb to outdated herb.

Blizzard 100% deserves the “fun detected” meme.

7 Likes

We all know with which decision they’ll go. And sadly it won’t be the right one. As usual

4 Likes

Where was the imbalance? It was just a fun racial that lets you glide. It wasn’t doing anyone harm

6 Likes

Oh yeah, man. Because the ability to fly without being able to stop or you enter a 5 MINUTE LONG COOLDOWN, is so overpowering. Especially in older content, you know, which at level 60, ANY OTHER RACE OR CLASS can absolutely destroy because chromie time is disabled. Unless, of course, it’s Shadowlands. Which you’re not going to be able to fly in anyway without getting a whistle. You’re like Pinky from Pinky and the Brain: NERF! If only you and Blizzard could be the Brain, we might not have to deal with really nonsensical comments on nonsensical design choices.

9 Likes

Reason why the Blizzard 30% Soar nerf makes no sense in there argument!

6 Likes

Just make it 10min cd or 15 but leave the speed alone.

But you got mage portals.

5 Likes

So much this :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:

8 Likes

HECK NO

NO NO NO NO

NO

Please delete your suggestion this moment. 5 minute cooldown is already RIDICULOUS.

16 Likes

I know that their reasoning behind it was that it’s too OP compared to other classes that were forced to dragonride, but there’s easy solutions. Just improve the speed of dragon riding (or keep it the way it is, fun detected) or pledge to try to give dragon riding to all areas eventually. The nerf was unnecessary.

1 Like

One other thing i forgot was when they first announced Soar, they specified that it was the base Dragonridding without any upgrades. Now its WORSE then base Dragonridding.

7 Likes

I really honestly don’t think Soar needs a nerf. There is a very easy fix to this and that is enable dragon riding across the board. The fact that they have an unfair advantage is a bit crazy in my opinion. So did the demon hunter with the double jump and glide especially in dungeons making it hard for others to keep up, the druids with their travel form, as well as the Worgen with running wild and the shaman with their wolf form in the maw. Not to mention the one ability that was given to the Venth covenant, Door of Shadows was used to teleport from one point to the other making it a cake walk for those that chose Venth to do the jumping puzzles for treasures while every one else save perhaps the demon hunter and warlock struggled. Those were not nerfed in those circumstances. As I stated at the top there is a very easy way to fix this and keep most people happy and that is to simply enable dragon flying across the board once you have it unlocked.

7 Likes

How blizzard responds to this overwhelmingly one sided feedback will speak volumes on if we need to temper our expectations on them listening to feedback and the dragonflight expac as a whole

14 Likes

Absolutely. How Blizz responds to this exact change is your best indication of whether or not DF will be worth playing.

7 Likes

I honestly don’t know why anyone would care that someone can get around faster in this game. Who cares? Every time you see a druid in travel form do you seethe about it? It just seems so weird to care about.

12 Likes

Fun police

8 Likes

Why Nerf Soar?

Blizzard Who Hurt You?

Who Hurt You?

God Damn.

7 Likes

Blizz has some repressed memories about nearly dying while having fun. Now whenever they see others having fun they start to panic and cant refocus until the fun is gone. Very sad.

5 Likes

Would be really unhealthy for the game if those Dracthyr guys get faster to the pet battle down there in Duskwood. They can’t let that happen, Jesus Christ.

8 Likes