Blizzard, what are you going to do about the Sha bug?

Better yet, just give everyone the mount. They’re giving everyone TCG/old store content for free, why not this?

1 Like

I’ve been farming it for years, too. I have 4000+ attempts. I think they should have gone through all 4 of those bosses and increased the drop rate to 1:500, still really rare but not stupidly so. And while they were doing it they could have done the same thing to the love rocket, only maybe 1:250 because it’s only up 2 weeks a year.

When people finally get it after all those years, it’s actually a letdown. You say, “The nightmare is finally over.” Personally I don’t think it should be a development goal to make players think of a game as a nightmare.

An infamous troll some years back used it a lot. He was misguided sometimes, but always sincere.

2 Likes

They’re not going to do anything really. Blizzard doesn’t care and the community doesn’t either. Of course, we all deserve to just be given the mount by now since it’s been an actual decade and it is unfair that some people exploited something and honestly just got lucky, but will they do anything? The answer is simply no they won’t. It will remain a terrible drop rate and those who exploited get to enjoy something they didn’t actually earn, they exploited a bug.

And to add more to this. Just like with every issue this game has they know the issues exist, they don’t care to do anything about it though. It’s the same old crap every expansion. “We know players want this, we’ll get around to it.” Or they know mounts like this are god awful to just deal with and farm and they know it’s unfair if anyone exploited or just has it, but they know they can’t just give it away to everyone even though they should by now.

They simply just don’t care. Every issue the game has will always be an issue because they won’t ever care enough to actually do more.

1 Like

It is not earned. It is random. The player who gets it on his first kill (and mathematically speaking that’s probably happened a lot) didn’t “earn” it. He got lucky.

The first player to have it drop the other day when there was that bug didn’t exploit. He just thought he got lucky.

" * The drop chances for Son of Galleon’s Saddle, Reins of the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent, Reins of the Cobalt Primordial Direhorn, Reins of the Thundering Cobalt Cloud Serpent, and Solar Spirehawk have been greatly increased." - Today’s hotfix notes

2 Likes

I knew my complaining would work someday.

Really curious what ‘greatly increased’ means… like is it a 5% drop or higher/lower?

1 Like

im wondering what their version of greatly means? from 0.05% to 1%?

1 Like

Holy sht they actually did it.

I’m going to give them a ton of credit here - I thought this would just be ignored completely. Huge move by them

1 Like

That’s what I’m hoping. I could definitely live with a 1% chance.

1 Like

OP : RAWR they got the mount due to a bug. Fix it!

Bliz : Fixed it

OP : ##% Bliz, I didn’t get it while the bug was active. WTF!

Bliz : silence

OP : This is a slap in the face.

OP : Increasing its drop rate?

OP : Applying bad luck protection?

OP : Making it a twitch drop?

x% of the community : #$*@ this guy. Chases after him with baseball bats!

Bliz : The drop chances for Son of Galleon’s Saddle, Reins of the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent, Reins of the Cobalt Primordial Direhorn, Reins of the Thundering Cobalt Cloud Serpent, and Solar Spirehawk have been greatly increased.

Ed : Fixed thanks for the guy below.

Look above, there hasn’t been silence from Blizz. " * The drop chances for Son of Galleon’s Saddle, Reins of the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent, Reins of the Cobalt Primordial Direhorn, Reins of the Thundering Cobalt Cloud Serpent, and Solar Spirehawk have been greatly increased." - today’s hotfix notes

1 Like

Do you know by how much or they didn’t post numbers. Just greatly increased.

I haven’t seen any exact numbers, but the general guess seems to be 1% between forums and people in game.

1 Like

We’ll find out more once people start killing him over an extended period of a day or so. That’s what I’m expecting too, but I’m obviously hoping it was greater than that.

2 Likes

well i only need nalaks mount and his bonus roll is mogu rune of fate.

1 Like