Blizzard: "We are looking at Retribution as a whole and will have more to share in the future."

I’m not really enjoying BM at the moment in pvp due to my defensives and was hoping to swap to my other alt for pvp as a ret but after reading all these posts about ret now i’m just depressed lol. Maybe I should just make a monk and forever meditate in a back ally of stormwind drinking chibrews.

I have mained my ret pally since wrath and will continue to main it. I love the class but I couldnt agree more, however they arent going to listen to us. We havent been anywhere near decent for 13 years, we dont have a community manager and to make matters worse they are bringing back Chris Metzen! You know, the guy who made Ghostcrawler famous. You all remember that massive piece of [REDACTED] the guy who for years would hold developer board meetings hostage until the other devs reverted or scrapped the changes they wanted to make for ret?

I always LOVE when people say something to ret about their class having it worse…are you kidding me? Re-read the last comment about ghostcrawler and find me literally any other class who had the same treatment. Spoiler alert, you CANT

4 Likes

So minimal effort max damage facesmash pally wants his facesmash ways back. Summing it up

Literally all but 1-3 specs are minimal effort in this game my man. Ret shouldn’t be purposely worse in PvE due to PvP or archaic design, regardless of your personal feelings.

4 Likes

I’m a victim to a broken spec in my class as well. Fire is my main spec love it always have always will. But all they do is take away dots and abilities every patch/exp. I’ll use fire orb as a prime example. Started out as the soul magic orb now its gone while they’ve since added a frost and arcane. Fires cleave used to be top tier now bottom UNLESS you go full aoe and not full single then youre still bottom of the barrel deeps. While my activity is sky high. So i swapped to arcane because of this. Point being, if its not what you like try another spec/class.

2 Likes

I’m guessing you’ve never played Ret. Our rotation consists of 13 abilities… Face roll my *ss, Ret is the most complex rotation in the game.

7 Likes

As someone who is just leveling a Paladin now. I don’t even main one and can see some glaring issues. These may sound silly to you guys, but these would make it more fun and it’s just my opinion.

-Crusader aura should increase ALL movement (run and mounted) speed by 20%. Paladins are so slow, in a game where everything else seems to be getting faster.

-Make the old “Seal of Light” spell a talent that heals for a decent amount every time you do damage. Basically leech, but more Paladin like. Ret feels squishy.

-Divine Shield should be on a 2.5 minute CD. Most classes have 2-3 minute burst CDs, if you don’t die the first go around, you probably will the second.

-Ret Aura is meh… it should do increase your haste by 5% and do a flat % of reflective damage. Something meaningful but not OP. In PVP if a fury warrior (or whatever) blows all their CDs on you, they should have to think about the “retribution”.

• This may be controversial, but Replace Divine Steed. It looks and feels so corny to use… maybe a forward “dash” or “slide” with the light under you… for the same length of time as Divine Steed.

Also, something obviously needs to be done about damage. As someone who plays a Survival Hunter, I know what being on the bottom of sims is like… Ret should be competitive, top 15 at least… obviously ideally all specs would be within a few % of each other, to where skill plays a roll in DPS. The DPS difference in Ret and a PROT Warrior is almost the same % as the difference in Ret and Unholy DK… that’s a wide gap…

Anyways. I hope they fix your class.

6 Likes

And you must be a new pally beacuse if that is true it has changed IMMENSELY since i played one.

I’ve played since 07. I remember face rolls and that’s a thing of the past… Did I also mention they want us to stand in our consecration at all times to maximized DPS?

1. Judgement
  2. Hammer of Wrath
  3. Blade of Justice
  4. Exoricsim
  5. consecration
  6. crusader strike
  7. divine toll
  8. final reckoning
  9. divine storm
  10. shield of vengeance
  11. Seraphim
  12. avenging wrath/crusade
  13. wake of ashes

you get to manage ALL that for a rotation.

6 Likes

Classic wotlk is calling you

1 Like

Is that a little different than you remember and do you see why Ret paladins are pissed?

2 Likes

What lmao making no sense my guy

1 Like

Don’t forget we’re also supposed to keep an eye on everyone else so that the few utilities we have are used. Yelled at for not giving a rooted healer freedom… “Aren’t you paying attention?” no… I have nothing to do, I don’t need to constantly stare at my toolbar to see what ability and where it is in the priority to be pressed to actually do decent damage.

3 Likes

Im super confused as to why anyone playing a pally has something to complain about. You hit 200k templar verdicts, if you do pvp and the enemy isnt a priest you can literally bubble and kill anything your class broken lol and they nerfed the crap out shadow priest which was the main counter play

Because you’re being entirely disingenuous. Ret isn’t even half as well designed as all three Rogue specs. Being good in PvP because “lol you can bubble and kill anything” is a horrible reason for a spec to continue with its poor design, and if you’re dying to a Ret in PvP as most classes, then you’re undergeared or bad.

Also, it’s incredibly rich that a Rogue is making a comment about Ret being “OP” in PvP.

10 Likes

Fake news.

Stop trolling.

We do not hit 200k TVs…

Bubbling offensively essentially puts a giant target on yourself.

You’re just upset that you get noob stomped by rets since you don’t respect their cds

7 Likes

We only have 1 movement ability, along with 3-5 GCDs to activate our burst and get onto a target.

We have been asking to move away from this play style for over 3 years now.
Its not good for the game, and putting 80% of rets damage into an 8 second window isn’t good for the class as a whole.

Once again paladins have been suffering with the lowest mobility of any class, and our mobility was nerfed coming into dragonflight.
This effects all gameplay progression as there is significantly less leeway for paladins, even with our immunity which needs to be trial and error tested against every mechanic to see if it actually blocks damage or not.

Overall I’m a big fan of the rotation and play style right now, and our damage is actually above average. But a few suggestions.

My list:
Change Ret Aura please, I beg you, honestly I don’t even know how you should change it, but it just doesn’t make sense. Maybe make it like the old Ret aura that reflected damage from all party/raid members, or just make it a flat damage increase. If you don’t change it it should not be considered at all in balancing, you should not balance the spec based on negative outcomes.

Get rid of and replace exorcism. It feels terrible to press and doesn’t play into the dps rotation mechanics at all.

Either buff/un-nerf WoG or give us some passive healing not from consecration. I actually use wog in dungeons actively to keep myself up in high keys and heal less overall than classes with passive damage healing.

Do something for mobility, prot horse, pursuit of justice, long arm of the law, something, maybe replace one of these for exorcism.

I like the SoV change for defensiveness, a step in the right direction. Maybe give DP the same cd reduction.

2 Likes

If you lose to a Ret in pvp as a rogue you are bad, straight up. You have way more defensiveness, mobility, and general utility than Ret, all three specs. Almost every class can kite Ret, Bubble can be dispelled and is on a 5 min cd, it is painfully obviously when Ret is in burst window and easy to avoid.

2 Likes

I made a separate thread but I thought I would throw this in.