Blizzard stop firing your employees please

Activision needs to get rid of the entire Irvine Department and Office, and put their own devs in charge of WoW. Blizzard has been doing a poor job with this game for years. It’s time to get some real Development and money into this game for a change.

I know the word “theory” has lost all meaning in common speech but I really wish people would stop using the word “theory” when what they really mean is “completely unfounded conspiracy theory that has not even the slightest shred of anything that could be mistaken for evidence”.

5 Likes

The employees they got rid of were CS, store employees and other non-dev roles, so that would not be why we have bugs in pre-patch. Them working from home likely has an affect.

The place in France is also their second largest CS location in that country. Handling marketing, customer support and language translation. It’s not a dev office.

I hate seeing people lose jobs, especially since this one would have stayed around and just moved if Covid hadn’t hit. But it helps to have all the proper information.

1 Like

To be fair, most of the competent employees no longer work for the company. They’ve made a lot of cuts for people with little to no experience.

They submitted a report years ago to appease the public on what they did or did not cut back on but conveniently left out that they were replaced with cheaper workers. A GM friend I have confirmed it. Developers from more prestigious schools were replaced with people from community colleges and some even lesser degrees. Jobs like GMs and moderators were replaced as an entry level position. You don’t even need a high school diploma to get a job as one.

Keeps the higher ups rich but the quality levels reflect these changes.

My brain replaced Fir with finger for some reason and realized i need to go to sleep

I do apologize, it is against forum policy to talk about Blizzard employees I think, I mean I agree with you, but would sooner not cross the line by talking too much about that.

I think it’s fair enough to say though that we do desire a bit more professionalism and just leave it at that?

It’s against policy to talk about specific people. Talking about the company and what it does is not. Though their rules are written strategically vague to allow them to infract people for whatever they want then lump into a generic category, facts are still facts, even if they sound bad out loud.

5 Likes

Okay fair. I just don’t want to get in trouble for this thread is all.

If someone uses the word theory in the WoW forums, especially here in General, the ‘completely unfounded conspiracy’ part is implied.

2 Likes

Is the rushed patch as bad as the patch RDO had that they had to push back? That patch was BAD.

Welcome to the corporate world.

2 Likes

Not saying I didn’t like your post b/c I agree with what you said, but I want to make it clear that the true deciding factor for M A K I N G me like your post was what I quoted!!! :wink: :blush:

:sparkles:

It told me i couldn’t post curse words.

Well I mean you can’t, lol, but I just liked “flying fui”. :woman_shrugging:t4:

:sparkles:

Where do you get this insider info that closing an office wasn’t necessary or a good strategic plan for improved long term stability?

2 Likes

TPS reports duh

2 Likes

I can’t answer for him but I can say from my many years experience in business, “closing” an office is rarely a good thing. And “good strategic plan for improved long term stability” can mean “I’m firing you the other guy can make more”. It’s vague.

This right here and also…

This right here.

More goes into keeping an office open than just employee salaries.

People like you pay Blizzard money for games, game inspired merchandise, and access to game servers. You don’t have a say-so in regards to how they operate their business.

3 Likes

So my company just had some layoffs as well. I have no idea what they make for money etc…so why on earth would I question their decisions? Companies have been laying people off for years. I doubt anyone does it for shiggles,there is often a reason.

1 Like