Blizzard still needs to work on PR

I’ll start out with a major positive. I think the roadmap is great improvement on how we can expect content to be delivered.

However, keeping plunderstorm a secret was a fail. People ultimately built something up in their heads and were never going to be satisfied with the end product. I myself like plunderstorm a lot, but was still disappointed by it… I like many others had different ideas on what I wanted it to be. The only thing the community wants kept secret are the story lines. Game features should be advertised so we can build excitement about them.

Secondly, the way they’re gaveling season 4… Everything they’ve allowed to be data mined and everything announced is super boring. It sounds like they’re bringing more fun ideas for season 4, but because they didn’t start with what those are, the season is already getting more negative press than it probably will deserve. They really should think more about what gets messaged leading up to patches and what doesn’t really need to…

6 Likes

Nah, it was a nice change of pace from knowing what’s coming 3-4 months in advance.

3 Likes

What does that have to do with Blizzard’s PR. They have no control over people’s expectations, and it’s no reason that they shouldn’t have tried to keep something as a surprise.

Besides, with the way the WoW community is, there would have been outrage regardless of what they announced/released.

3 Likes

What advertisement.

Being mad at there being nothing said but also being mad at their advertisement sounds sketchy.

If Plunderstorm was known of in advance then there could’ve been time to make changes for players who don’t like PvP.

Instead we got stuck with what we got…an outdated mess of a badly copied idea.

Ok. So where was the false advertisement. That’s my point.

World of Warcraft in 2024 —The Road Ahead (blizzard.com)
Its on the Retail roadmap.

With no information aside from a pirate flag.

2 Likes

Still there’s no sign of a false advertisement.

What makes you think they would have done so? It’s a Battle Royale event.
Every idea I’ve heard since Plunderstorm was released for a PVE version just sounds like a raid to me, and we have plenty of those in the game already.

2 Likes

Probably not on a legally prosecutable basis but the feedback speaks for itself on how players feel how disconnected Plunderstorm is from Retail.

1 Like

There was no advertisement, so how could it be misleading? :rofl:

2 Likes

Don’t you think the forum will inevitably have the most vocal negative voices about any new feature? It has always been the case. You’re a regular so you know this.

The people who enjoy it are playing it.

3 Likes

I expected absolutely nothing out of a .6 patch, and was delighted. To each their own!

1 Like

Well there is this on the roadmap page.

" In modern World of Warcraft , you’re going to see three more content updates for Dragonflight"

Yet Plunderstorm is separate from Retail, it only shares the login screen.

3 Likes

Show me where the roadmap says “Plunderstorm”.

“It’s separate from retail, but you have to log into retail in order to play it.”

Plunderstorm as a mode and as a concept is solid. It really is. It might not be my thing, but I can recognize potential when I see it. They just fumbled the ball mere inches from the endzone with their marketing strategy and secrecy, leaving those who are primarily PvE players feeling left out and frustrated. THAT is what most people are upset about. Well, those who feel this way anyway.

2 Likes

The flag logo isn’t enough for you?

I mean are we? I don’t think we are when we have to make a totally new character.

Because your class and its level has nothing to do with it. Nor should it affect that gameplay.

So its separate from Retail.

The flag logo says “Plunderstorm”?

Try playing Plunderstorm without launching modern World of Warcraft.