Blizzard still needs to work on PR

It’s a part of the menu? How is it separate.

Its a different experience all together from what’s expected of Retail.

“The campaign and multiplayer options are totally separate games because they only share the title menu.”
-Ardmccloud, probably

2 Likes

I don’t know man.
When you go on a ride in Darkmoon Fair it is also character and class agnostic. When you do a puzzle WQ it doesn’t care about your class.

Those are still a part of retail.

It does get alittle technical I suppose.

Agree

Half agree,
Putting it on the RETAIL roadmap and keeping the details a secret was a fail. They should have either.

1. Complete silence and drop it as a total surprise
    Or
  2. Been transparent about it being a temporary pvp event.

and in both cases it never should have been on the roadmap.

2 Likes

I’m going to have to disagree with this statement. It was actually really nice to not know what was coming no data mining just theories and boom it’s there. Not everything has to be solved before its released.

If they were honest about it, I think it wouldn’t have changed much.

WoW players would still foam at the mouth, angrily, for receiving a battle-royale PvP mode that is adjacent to WoW but not really a part of it.

The complaints would’ve just come early instead of late.

As long as someone actually reviews the PR and doesn’t just blindly accept it.

i expected nothing and was still let down. patch .6 wasnt even a patch it was a side mini game that the majority dont like with a crappy grind for cosmetics.

this would have got alot less hate from people if they didnt tie in cosmetics to inflate the play metrics for this while also not keeping it a secret. there was no .6 patch it was a bait and switch for a game mode that the pve community didnt want. your right though this has potential but thats mostly for a non blizzard company. for blizzard i feel like they will double down on bad decisions and then take this in a direction that will get less negative feedback. they should make this a renown a game so that everyone who doesnt want to play it leaves and its only left with those who want to. that would give them a good idea if its worth sinking money into rather than stringing along the people who do like it until they abandon it for a lack of popularity/people playing

1 Like

um, i get there is a legit argument here on what has been done, and how it was it done, but…lets step out of the realm for the need to sell WoW. How many years? How many players? How many xpacs? Its like the old adage, “fresh sushi” but no bliz sells “cold dead fish”

Well, this should be a good lesson for them for future surprises, rather than just having everything fully solved month before it goes live.

People paid for a sub based on the hype, then only later found out it was something they would never have been interested in. That’s the problem.

1 Like

Lol, I never renew based off announcements alone.

If my WoW sub expires, I might renew it once the patch arrives, and I see what it contains.

I won’t pre-emptively subscribe for a future patch, I’ll just wait until the thing arrives so I see exactly what’s on it, so it’s worth my time.

Unless they knew full well that it would generate controversy, were and are committed to this path irregardless of any divisions in the community and just wanted to let it go live without being pre-judged and pre-debated for the whole month leading up to it?

(i’m not personally a fan of the decision to do no expectation management, but based on some past experiences, I’m not convinced that more info would have actually led to a better outcome)

Going to disagree with you there.

For a mode like Plunderstorm, keeping it secret was the best thing they could have done.

The outrage crowd would have pitched a fit if the mode was announced early, and may have even created enough negativity to get Blizzard to cancel the mode outright. Dataminers would have ripped it apart to figure out what the meta was, and where the best spots to land were, and all of that information would be deeply ingrained into players long before they even dive bombed on their first parrot.

By keeping it secret they preserved that first week or so of players getting to really enjoy the mode before guides started popping up declaring what the meta was, and where the best spots to land are. The game mode was a pure experience. And the fact that it ran so well without major issues for the majority of players made the experience even better.

Ahhh yes I did.

Was it a fail? it hyped people up about an event. Literally what the secrecy was designed to do.

I cannot stress enough how true this is.

1000000% this.

3 Likes

I’d prefer wow patches actually contain wow content rather than a super secret separate game that has nothing to do with wow but that’s just me.

2 Likes