Blizzard, start paying your employees a livable wage

Honestly anyone sharing compensation info with the media should be fired. I’d fire them in a heartbeat.

3 Likes

It sounds to me like they’re paying them exactly what BfA was worth.

5 Likes

I had an employer once who lost his mind because the art dept and the press department were discussing salaries with one another at lunch.

2 Likes

That’s a false equivalence

1 Like

The article never said what the jobs were.
They might be able to move out of gaming completely.

1 Like

Most companies have rules against discussing comp.

1 Like

Maybe we should all just become CEO’s of Activision Blizzard. You get a lot of money and take all the credit.

Yeah. Learned that later on.

That is a made up argument on your part to counter my statement regarding Blizzard being head quartered in an area know for it’s insanely high cost of living (nearly double the US average with the median home price there being almost $900,000).

would be a nice change of pace from finance.
I could see myself in that role yeah.

So what is stopping you from starting your own business?

3 Likes

No, it’s an apt comparison.

Why do you believe that I have to be actively hiring code monkeys before I can tell an unhappy code monkey to find a better job?

1 Like

Been around way longer than that but ok.

False and many have pointed that out already.

1 Like

If you say so. :roll_eyes:

https://research.zippia.com/living-wage.html

2 Likes

I find it amusing how people start playing the left/right paradigm when this subject comes up.

What is funny about it is that the companies that are crapping all over their employees are leftist companies. Blizzard, EA, Facebook, Google, Apple…

Honk honk

9 Likes

Give me a loan and I would. Too bad the banks won’t give a loan to someone who can’t afford a meal.

haha, yeah. How does that work in an SJW mind?

I mean…

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/activision-blizzard-q2-earnings-2020-200550563.html

They’re doing gang busters. Maybe they could share some of that success with paying livable wages to their employees, as opposed to squeezing them for every last drop to maximize shareholder value.

We used to invest in our workforce in America, but at some point in the last 40-50 years we lost our way. Now we have corporate apologists on the internet fighting against paying people a reasonable wage.

3 Likes

Can you not afford a meal? Do you work at Blizzard? Is that why you’re urging everyone to hire underpaid Blizzard employees? Are you looking for a job?

1 Like