Blizzard should change BC/Wrath

I did read your other thread about that, and honestly I’ve never played any other game by Blizzard but this WoW (and all but three expansions of it).

But if you mean the ability to make classic have a added “world” which would be a old world you are talking about, I think it would be a good idea I think you also mean in this old world, you can fly in it because you could do so in the game you are talking about. I like the idea you are mentioning. But I don’t know too many details, due to my lack of experience with other Blizzard games.

Edit: Or do you mean to add this to retail?

Second edit: I see what you mean now. You want to add a option to level in retail in the old world before cataclysm. I think that’s a good idea too. I don’t see why people would get upset about that idea in retail. Even if flying. That would let people play a “retail style classic.”

I also think it should be complete with all the old quests too.

I would have deleted the entire post and changed it but decided to add edit notes instead.

The problem is that if you change anything, someone out there will miss the way it was before. Classic is about nostalgia and authenticity, though it may not live up to each individual’s hopes or preferences.

I agree with that. But I was thinking earlier today something that might make people think.

Back in 2007 and 2009, the BC and Wrath were the new games on the block. Same with 2006 for classic. A entertainment company should always want to improve their entertainment and be on top of what is new. I wouldn’t be posting my opinion if it was literally releasing the old code and discs. But to my understanding everything is being remade “as was” for classic (and BC & Wrath). Don’t get me wrong either, such a task is impressive to pull off.

Back then we were all playing the new stuff. I stood in line the night wrath came out for example. We should all want to be on the cutting edge again imo.

Is this a joke?

The Standard Game (Retail), yes.

Again, in the Standard Game (as it is, now) the level cap is 60. Players can choose which “Timeline” they want to level in. As it stands, Darnassus and Theramore are actually in ruins. But, you can talk to some members of the Bronze Dragonflight (I believe) to “turn back time”, in order to still visit said areas (before their destructions). My suggestion is to allow for us to “turn back time” BEFORE Deathwing altered the “Old World” with updated graphics, in mind.

Good :slightly_smiling_face:

Agreed!

One of the main reasons I’m playing Classic is because of what I’ve bolded, in your quote, there.

All good. But, yes. This is something I have suggested and kind of spreading around. I think it fulfills (somewhat, not entirely) a lot of people’s wishes.

Yeah, that’s why my suggestion (I think, anyway) is the best solution, for most people.

1 Like

How is it a joke? Small changes improve things even without realizing it. Another Nintendo example is when they changed Link being able to dive in A Link To The Past 2002 re release.

It’s a small change, but it improves the original game by adding realism.

I’ll take another example of small changes that do improve creations. This time from Star Wars 1977 & Empire Strikes Back 1980. Sure, most people dislike how George Lucas changed plot (Han shooting first) or changing the voice of Boba Fett in Empire Strikes Back which are radical changes. But who dislikes changes to the battle scenes to make them more realistic?

Edit: To Piper - would your idea keep scaling?

With the way the Standard Game works, probably. IK that “feature” may be “hit or miss” (I still don’t like it), but I’m willing to tolerate it, if it means playing Old World (pre-Deathwing destruction), in the Standard Game, with all the fun Character Customizations.

1 Like

I’d honestly enjoy that.

I made a post like 2 years ago on another account advocating getting rid of scaling in retail all together because I feel it kind of takes away zone identities.

But then I do like how it keeps npcs around your level. Which is nice because you can play zones at any level.

Would be cool if your idea came to be. I think others would like it too.

1 Like

No. Even now, in retail, there are NPCs on the boats. Somebody has to drive the boats, right? Same with the Zeppelins outside UC and Org. They eventually added a crew of Goblins to drive them.

1 Like

I don’t like it because I can’t just roflstomp everything as a 60 LOL I’m just being honest :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Again, I’m willing to tolerate it because I do enjoy other things, in the Standard Game, that outweigh not just Level Scaling but Personal Loot, as well. Such as the Character Customizations. I love love LOVE the Character Customizations, in the Standard Game!

Me too! Alas…Classic is the ONLY way to play “Old World” (pre-Deathwing destruction) :frowning:

1 Like

if blizzard changes TBC or any expansion it will no longer be that expansion.
If you want to talk about realistic nope its just a game.
If we want realistic in game than why don’t bows and guns need ammo?

1 Like

its 2021, no one thinks anymore, they just have knee jerk reactions

1 Like