Blizzard sent me a survey tonight about "fresh" Classic/TBCC

I think a fresh server of some sort, whether TBC or vanilla, was inevitable.

After wrath, I can see this evolving to progression servers where it cycles through the expansions.

6 Likes

I am relaxed. Why, do I sound tense? I’m just chatting in a public forum

Because you’re constantly talking about “fresh servers fresh servers we need them NOW or you’ll lose subs!” and when faced with even the most civil disagreement you act like the world is out to get you. Textbook whining

6 Likes

Just because people are screeching and whining about it, it doesn’t mean its a horrible idea not worth considering.

Historically going off of other seasonal and fresh server content on private servers and other blizzard games, its short lived and needs to be cycled back in continuously or it just dies quickly.

1 Like

Blizzard just do it, ignore the haters. Everquest does seasonal servers and they’re good.

9 Likes

I agree. This is getting derailed. The bigger question is how would you feel about a few fresh start servers or a mega server where it’s Classic with some QoL changes and the cadence is such that we go through Classic in 22 months, then it progresses to TBC for 22 months, then WOTLK for 22 months… Inquiring minds want to know? I for one am excited depending on the QoL changes and the cash shop integration. The less the better imo. Stuff like the barbershop is cool because it has no bearing on the game minus appearance.

4 Likes

I would want to know more details, but at least it is good to see them acknowledge there is a genuine interest in new fresh servers. We have had a request thread up for some time now with no official response to it:

Oh, and don’t worry about people being triggered. There have almost always been a subset of people who get bitter or resent it when good things happen to other people. Just pity them and move on. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

7 Likes

I never said that. I just said fresh servers would be something I’d like to play on. In the meantime I’ll keep playing TBC as is. Am I a whiner?

what is there to disagree about? blizzard adding a few fresh servers isn’t going to rob development time from anything else, buddy.

2 Likes

I believe this survey is your indirect response. :wink:

Its zero development time. You just launch another server and that’s it.

7 Likes

Eh, it’s not quite that simple. I won’t pretend to be a game developer but I do know it’s not as easy as just flipping a switch and everything works. There’s a time and resource cost that may not even pan out

Consider that the most often given reason for fresh servers is to start new where everyone is on equal footing with no gold inflation or bots or anything like that - but you’d only be fooling yourself if you think it’d last even a couple of weeks at best, before we’re back to mage boosts and gold selling at the wazoo. Then we’re left with another server taking up space that’s no different from already existing servers, that’ll probably end up as a ghost town as people go back to their old characters because at least they have all this progress already done, and the cycle begins anew with more clamoring for more fresh servers

6 Likes

I do hope I get one of the surveys then. :smiley:

Thanks.

4 Likes

There is development time if they are going to implement QoL changes such as increased drop/EXP rate.

1 Like

I hope I get that survey. 12 month cycle and original AV would be amazing.

2 Likes

yes well, that would be a mistake. I hope they don’t go that route.

2 Likes

They are definitely considering it.

1 Like

If enough people wanted the original leveling experience they could hard nerf the instance boosting. It would be easy to make it so that if there was a large level gap then mobs would give no xp.

7 Likes

I would play fresh classic once tbc content is on raid log status but I wouldn’t play fresh tbc

3 Likes

It really is though. Making a server isn’t adding or removing anything to the game. It’s basically taking the server client, installing it on a server, virtual or otherwise, assigning all the ip addresses and all that. It’s something the live ops team would handle not the actual game devs. The game devs would not actually lose any time making the game.

I mean, I don’t disagree here, but all I said is that it wouldn’t take development time. Also I’m not asking for fresh servers.

1 Like

Of course something like that just cycles back into my original point of wasted development time

Plus we’d just have an endless sea of people complaining that they can’t get exp when their ‘friend’ runs them through a dungeon

1 Like

yes, if they’re going to make an exp change, just make it so that mage boosting doesn’t work. plenty of ways to do it. that’s “somechange” I can get behind.

3 Likes