Blizzard seems to confirm a level squish is coming to WoW... via a random survey

check out the article on blizzardwatch I for some wonderful reason can’t link it even though it’s an option…

So instead of things players have been asking for in what feels like forever. Blizzard wants to make the leveling even more pointless.

How about as a company you focus on things like player housing?

Surely if much smaller MMO’s can do it, the blizzard team can. Or is it a lack of talent at blizzard?

Really gotta ask why it seems blizzard does what it wants vs. actually listening to the player base, oh that’s right the only time they “listen” is when they get caught doing something dumb, like when they were hacked(and it turned out they were using outdated framework software, someone within spilled the beans on the old forums about that) or when they did the “you not have phones” hilarious screw up and on their own stage no less, just goes to show indeed how much they do not listen to players.

If smaller MMO’s can do it, it’s sad that we keep getting the same excuses as to why the largest MMO can’t. And even more sad that they rely on surveying the player base when its a fact surveys are rarely ever usefull.

Please take a customer service class training session blizzard.

8 Likes

https://blizzardwatch.com/2019/06/13/blizzard-seems-confirm-level-squish-coming-wow-via-random-survey/

4 Likes

I really don’t understand them lately, they actually seem to be trying to make customers leave.

Either that, or they are just so deluded that they think this is what we want.

24 Likes

IT is sad that Everquest has player housing and it came out in what 1997? Then again pretty much every other MMO out there has shared banks that work cross faction and we don’t have that so… yea. I would like to see shared banks more than anything. Now that the AH is cross faction there is absolutely no reason we shouldn’t be able to trade between our horde and ally toons.

8 Likes

I want a level squish.

13 Likes

Another poster with now 1 post causing nonsense.Blizzard may need a better Pr but your post is like shooting the wind on not even one subject.

People seriously think reaching close to 200 levels is ok?

The players are the issue here, especially since people cry over the fact that every level doesn’t grant us new abilities or talents.

It’s a number, if it’s lowered I’ll manage. People said a squish would cause people to quit too, they just love to say anything to justify their opinion.

11 Likes

Pride and prejudice.
Ignorance and insistence

They dedicated an entire expansion for Horde vs Alliance (pointless to me, I have alts both side).
Do you think they will allow anything cross faction possible?

I can see it already , next expansion, 2 levels and all our hard work grinding for gear and azerite out the window.

I’m starting to get embarrassed i play this game.

6 Likes

Sub numbers have dropped significantly. So yes, I’d say some did leave over that

12 Likes

That’s nice dear. Ever try starting another character or turning off xp at level 5?

You are the vast minority that actually want this. I hope you know.

9 Likes

How many threads on this same subject is necessary? Just like other events or major things that occur. Why so many same threads?

1 Like

honestly, i don’t think it’s a bad idea, leveling now feels rather lame because you’re only getting a new ability like every 5-10 levels

3 Likes

I think the leveling squish would be good for the game. New players wouldn’t be so turned off by 130 levels, and we could get an ability/talent every few levels so the game won’t feel so stale after 70 or so.

3 Likes

They did. Called a Garrison. Players hated it. Why would they do it again?

3 Likes

Digging ditches in the South in July by hand is hard work.

Sitting on your butt wiggling your fingers for 2 to 3 hours a night is not.

9 Likes

Um yeah? Like every expansion thus far?

When Ion originally asked for feedback they were the majority. I have no idea where people like you were in those threads but they were like a run away train.

I imagine most of them thought it would also take 50% less time to level up as well though. People never consider things won’t work the way they assume they will.

and so what - if it takes you 2 hours to get 10 levels and one ability is it going to feel better to spend 2 hours to get 5 lvls and one ability ? I would think that last would feel worse not better.

Being ‘rewarded’ with new abilities is just some red herring people pulled out of somewhere thinking it is going to make them happy with leveling - it won’t, it will make no difference.

9 Likes

yep which is getting tiring and people are quitting.

They are reinventing the game every 10 levels for more money.

But hey if you enjoy completely wasting your time and energy every expansion… go for it. I have better things to do.

2 Likes