Blizzard seems to confirm a level squish is coming to WoW... via a random survey

Again, that has been happening every expansion, in every game, not just wow.

1 Like

Or it’s a hoax, and people have been spreading it nicely. Idk at this point.

Sorry, the garrison is not player housing.

13 Likes

If you have better things to do why do you play video games? They are purely time/energy wasters.

If you left WoW because some 0’s got cut off, then it’s probably best you didn’t play the game anyways.

4 Likes

It totally depends on the ability structure and how or whether it makes an impact on your rotation and how the character in question performs in the both before and after.

Some specializations are pretty crappy for half of the leveling process (or more) due to relying on their mastery for their basic rotation to actually flow well. Others are incredibly weak until they can pick up specific talents in the 75 or later tiers.

This is the result of too few abilities stretched out over too many levels and largely coming in bursts within specific level ranges with large gaps of nothing at all. Presumably, largely dependent on how big of a squish and whether levels are capped or increase again post squish, the squish will require adjusting and redistributing spells and talents. There will likely be cases where some currently “good” specs get a little worse but other mediocre to bad specs will improve. Too early to tell though.

1 Like

Being a lower number isn’t that much of an issue. Blizzard messing up balance in all the old world content is what frightens me. They’re are still mogs and mounts and toys and such I like to farm. I have a feeling that if blizzard cuts levels that it’s gonna screw all that up.

1 Like

garrisons aren’t player housing

5 Likes

WoWhead has confirmed this originated from someone who says they got a survey. One person getting a survey seems very suspicious to say the least.

sounds like you figure you will get an increase in power each time you add an ability.

:thinking:

Level squish is very much needed.

8 Likes

Why?

/10 char

2 Likes

Because 120+ levels is getting ridicules.

4 Likes

Why not? ESO has effectively close to 1000 levels.

No we don’t. We complain about the last 3 xpacs taking stuff away only to then return it as an effect on gear, a pvp talent, or turned from a base ability to a talent. There is no reason why we need to get a new ability every level and if the time is the same then a level squish literally did nothing.

Everything in RPGs is just a number. That is what Blizzard forgot when they did the IL and stat squishes.

Will doing it cause people to return? I doubt many will quit over it, but I am betting it will keep a lot of the middle of the xpac leavers from returning.

All in all it looks like a pointless waste of time that provides to tangible benefit and will take away from developing actual new content.

6 Likes

Honest question, why is 120+ ridiculous?

For me levels became irrelevant, when they added mob scaling and zone scaling. I like power progression.

5 Likes

Because most of those levels are meaningless.

I’m the opposite, I never was interested in the “I’m a little bit stronger now than I was” paradigm, for me it was what my levels gave me (abilities) and unlocked (areas).

5 Likes

That has nothing to do with the levels though. Most of the 1-60 levels would also be meaningless.

5 Likes

Yeah…no… I never got a survey from Blizzard, for this supposed “Level Squish”.

1 Like

They’d be less so, as a Fury Warrior I have 26* abilities right now (spells and passives)… as opposed to 120 levels. That’s really bleugh. As opposed to 26 over 60 levels.

Of course no one is asking for solely a level squish and having nothing at all done to the Classes, we want more abilities and the like.

*I’m doing that from memory, and also not counting PVP Talents since PVP only.