Blizzard Raising Open World Ilvl from 246 to 252 - Casuals Rejoice

Nobody said the grind would be too long. If the grind is appropriately rewarded, then nobody will really have an issue.

The problem is that the grinds are long and the rewards are more than lackluster.

2 Likes

It’s a big grind to get korthis currency. M+ is much faster.

1 Like

To Blizzard, and to many others, not.

As they say, a good compromise leaves everyone unhappy. If the system is exactly what you want, then it’s probably too good to be something you should expect to get or keep.

This is evident.

To many others, as in elitists?

Elitists shouldn’t be catered to. They are what’s making this game effectively worse.

2 Likes

What were the two parties involved in negotiations who compromised? Hint: this is a decision by devs based on spreadsheet metrics. It doesn’t resemble a true compromise in any way.

If you lock open world content to heroic raid-level gear, that means the people who are doing it now will never have access to it, since they will need heroic raid level gear to unlock it.

It’s not elitist for a 4-hour-a-week beer-league raider in an AOTC guild to not want to fall behind his friends just because he doesn’t want to do boring trivial open-world content.

If someone wants to go “gah-gah- goo-goo” and bash the square Fischer Price block into the circle hole over and over until it gives him loot, more power to him, but that shouldn’t come at the expense of the players who matter. Beer-league Normal/Heroic raiders make up the core of the player-base who are a consistent source of revenue for Blizzard. They may be outnumbered by open-world players, but open-world players are fickle and unreliable and fall off after the hype of a new patch wears off.

2 Likes

I meant to say that the cap is heroic raid level gear, not that you need it to do it. Heroic raid level gear is the max you can obtain via open world quests.

I think you need allot of research to complete and other stuff before world quests drop that ilvl. That’s what I hear. It not 100% sure

I never said he’d have to.

Are you deliberately missing my points here? Heroic raids get gear faster, open world content gets gear slower.

What’s so difficult to understand here?

Well, there’s proof you don’t know how to use websites. Here, let me help you out.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/906234294333218826/944280982402527302/IMG_8918.png

As I said, the only purpose to hiding a profile on the forums is to hide post history.

People for whom normal raiding is the appropriate difficulty aren’t going to be jumping into heroic raiding. When a guild that raids normal wants to move into heroic, only some of the players who were raiding previously are ready or want to. They have to recruit an entire new raid team, which can dramatically change the guild.

So this 252ilvl.

Will that finally be enough for Legion Mythic raids?

(imagine having to be a current expansion mythic raider to solo 2 expansion old mythic content)

4 Likes

The point is that if you want to raid and get gear, you can raid and get gear.

If you want to do open world content to get gear, you can do open world to get gear.

If someone is going the route of gearing via open world instead of raiding, then chances are that they aren’t raiding to begin with, so it’s not like a guild’s comp is going to be dramatically changed.

1 Like

Or if the grinds to really feel like grinds. AQ war effort, IoT unlock, etc. were all technically grinds, but did they feel like such to most people?

The flipside of this is it leaves everyone unhappy because it has parts everyone hates. Like if the compromise is heroic gear after a moderate to long grind anyone who wants mythic will be unhappy while anyone who wants certain players to get nothing are unhappy because those said players are getting something.

But it can be considered elitist to cut the beer league raider in an AotC guild that does open world content when guild is not available just because the solo only players are asking for more.

For me, and likely others, open world should supplement raid/M+ gear or to counter bad luck on drops in those (even if it is just via a more universal currency we can earn in such). Will such benefit solo players? yeah, but it will also benefit those beer league players that don’t mind doing world content. As far as not wanting to do such? well no one said they would not be open to some of the progression being around in other avenues.

Hard to say, as some of those “open world players” maybe the beer league on alts or doing things while guild/friends are not on. I will admit I doubt that only open-world players outnumber the beer league though.

Anyone who wants mythic or heroic level gear for world quests is literally living a delusion.

This is a good change where was it in the beginning.

It’s not a delusion. It’s literally commonplace in just about any other MMO.

Even if the world quests are the elite ones/the ones that take either a group or being lucky with the number of people there to get done in reasonable time? They can always have those reward some kind of currency that can be used to get the heroic gear or drop the gear itself.

And people who want a great many of a certain type of player to get nothing but expect them to continue paying are not delusional?

1 Like

No it’s not. Gear is rewarded based on difficulty. Nothing in the open world content is difficult at all.

It’s no where near heroic raiding level difficult let alone mythic level.

Yes even if those quests are part of it because that’s trivial at best. I as a hunter can solo those quests. Other classes can solo them as well.

The difficulty isn’t even close to being the same.

Where did I say they get nothing? Normal level loot is more than fair for the level of difficulty world content has.

1 Like