Blizzard please make it personal loot! NOW!

You think you do but you don’t.
#nomorechanges

Love personal loots, i have to agree that its one of the best change in the game.

4 Likes

No downsides?
How does it handle classes using non standard loot (like paladins using cloth or leather)?
Also personal loot has a problem where each weapon is considered a different type.

So if I had say item level 50 caster sword equipment and my loot was a level 50 caster dagger I can’t trade that dagger away because the dumb loot rules with personal loot.

Also how does personal loot handle legendary items?

Personal loot has issues the same as any other loot system

4 Likes

Personal loot is one step closer to the anti social loot trading dogpoo that exists in retail. No thanks, the game is social and loot distribution is a major part of that.

10 Likes

This is interesting… You seemed pretty much against the changes in PvP, which helped preserve the spirit of the game, and against the current game client and layering (which helped everyone.) Now you’re cool with a major “retail-like” change?

1 Like

No way, go to retail kid.

1 Like

You should enjoy praying to the RNG God. Suck it up buttercup

Damn, so much wrong with this post… let’s try again

Ok now I can agree with you

2 Likes

Lots of raid leaders in this thread enraged that their ability to funnel loot to their little clique/simp for the resident guild gamer gurl is being threatened.

3 Likes

No changes.

1 Like

lemme guess, you didnt win the mageblade over a more dedicated member and are still salty you didnt get the purple you felt you were personally entitled to? boohoo.

2 Likes

You don’t even know what you are asking for. Vanilla loot is like the wild west. Everyone has coveted items that were not designed for them specifically (warriors wearing leather etc). Many of these items are BiS.

With personal loot you would either lose access to these items, or you would have to include ALL off spec loot in your potential drop pool. So either random warrior has to give up on a bunch of loot that would be BiS forever, or he has to include leather intellect and spirit gear into his potential personal loot pool.

Personal loot simply does not work with Classic.

8 Likes

:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

no thanks.

2 Likes

I’ve never been so upset I can’t downvote a post.

6 Likes

I agree, and that’s why it should have stayed as an option.

So it sounds like the raid group you run should have it disabled, while those who do want that functionality can keep it. Also, you know what’s a time sink? Having a piece that’s great for someone in your raid rot because you can’t trade it due to it being an ilvl upgrade, even though it’s not an actual upgrade.

1 Like

I dont think Blizzard should take advice from someone named Bonersquad

-WannabeLaintime

3 Likes

This is a huge issue imo. And I think it takes more time to trade gear amongst raid members than just having ML on, at least in my experience. But I guess it really doesn’t matter since you’re showered in gear in retail. I bet each boss drops the equivalent of 8-9 pieces when you add in bonus rolls and stuff.

2 Likes

Pretty much. And add in the mythic+ loot and weekly chest. Tons of loot in BFA. More than I ever saw in Vanilla, TBC or Wrath.

Every loot distribution system is a function accounting for the same variable: time spent in a raid.

Whether a point system, LC, PL, it is all about how many times you’ve ran something. Point systems and LC in Classic simply accrue the time variable within the confines of a single group, which may promote retention - but I’ve seen just as much member and guild churn resulting from it.

Whereas in Retail PL accrues the time more on a player level, yet remaining with a consistent guild is still the only way to actually do well in raids - not accounting for any raids outside of Heroic and Mythic, being that LFR and normal raids are barely raids at all.

no thanks.

We’ve had zero drama since switching over to LC and we want to keep it that way.

1 Like